IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 103.
#701 7 years ago

Same here...the LA City Skyline would be cool to see!

#702 7 years ago

Just printed a new boat plastic. Here it is side by side with the crispy one.

20161209_162807 (resized).jpg20161209_162807 (resized).jpg

#703 7 years ago

Since the release of PAPA's Baywatch tutorial didn't show how to complete the first shark video mode, water skiing, I figured I would make a video showing how to complete. Hope it helps.

1 week later
#704 7 years ago

New topper

IMG_2014 (resized).JPGIMG_2014 (resized).JPG

#705 7 years ago

I am a big fan of home made toppers but I think you have to "refine" it a little more. I would only use the boat. I always thought the boat looked great as a topper. Maybe you can install some leds inside the hull as a feature.

#706 7 years ago

I may do that. It's a lot longer than I thought it would be.

#707 7 years ago

I made this topper with a 6V white led strip inside and some home made brackets.

20161229_221822 (resized).jpg20161229_221822 (resized).jpg

20161229_221857 (resized).jpg20161229_221857 (resized).jpg

#708 7 years ago

I did look for one on eBay but no luck...... I think it looks cool. I like how it's tied to the flashers.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I did look for one on eBay but no luck...... I think it looks cool. I like how it's tied to the flashers.

No it is actually hooked up to the GI circuit.

Here is one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182402674159

#710 7 years ago

That looks like a sticker over a rescue can. I like the look of yours better.

#711 7 years ago

I am sure that is just cardboard designed to make it look good for sale. It will come off easily. Underneath the cardboard it is just like mine. BTW I painted the Baywatch letters with yellow acrylic paint. It normally is just moulded in raised letters onto the float and is not very visible.

#713 7 years ago

I haven't seen this posted anywhere...

Is this Baywatch Easter egg common knowledge? During attract mode, the flipper combination below will show a secret screen that says "Craw Sightings". Anyone know the significance of this?

Left x 3, Right x 3, Left x 2, Right x 2, Left, Right

#714 7 years ago

I also do not see this detailed anywhere.

Here are all the 3-Way Combo shot possibilities in Baywatch. All are worth 50 Million.

Center Ramp (Venice Beach) > Right Ramp (Tourist) > Spinner (and into opened Upper Ball Launch)
Side Ramp (Ironman) > Right Ramp (Tourist) > Spinner (and into opened Upper Ball Launch)
Right Ramp (Tourist) > Spinner > Shark Super Scoop
Side Ramp (Ironman) > Spinner > Shark Super Scoop
Center Ramp (Venice Beach) > Spinner > Shark Super Scoop

#715 7 years ago

Planning to make changes to Baywatch's rules?

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Is this Baywatch Easter egg common knowledge? During attract mode, the flipper combination below will show a secret screen that says "Craw Sightings". Anyone know the significance of this?

Nice find! Hadn't heard of it before. How did you find it?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#717 7 years ago

Hello guys and gals, I have recently gotten enough parts to make 8 more Baywatch shaker motor kits. A few members have some from my first run of 10. Anyone interested please pm me.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Interesting. Seems it's not on the list here, needs to be added! http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#B

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I am sure that is just cardboard designed to make it look good for sale. It will come off easily. Underneath the cardboard it is just like mine. BTW I painted the Baywatch letters with yellow acrylic paint. It normally is just moulded in raised letters onto the float and is not very visible.

Yes! Mine came with the cardboard sell piece. Pretty neat actually, but I like the simpler look of the lifeguard buoy.

20160912_152436 (resized).jpg20160912_152436 (resized).jpg

20160912_152619 (resized).jpg20160912_152619 (resized).jpg

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just printed a new boat plastic. Here it is side by side with the crispy one.

These are awesome! If you make more slap me on the list please to order one. Had the same coil melt mine in the same spot and would love a replacement!

#721 7 years ago

That is awesome I have never heard of that either. So does anyone's machine have any craw sightings?

#722 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

That is awesome I have never heard of that either. So does anyone's machine have any craw sightings?

Well on mine it displays like this ...... ????? ..... those little quotation marks above the text move back and forth. My ROM is USA 4.00

No idea what it all means At the start of the waterski video mode the boat flag has 'CRAW' written on it.

P1010256 (resized).JPGP1010256 (resized).JPG

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Well on mine it displays like this ...... ????? ..... those little quotation marks above the text move back and forth. My ROM is USA 4.00
No idea what it all means At the start of the waterski video mode the boat flag has 'CRAW' written on it.

Mine does that too. I have NVRAM installed if that makes a difference?

#724 7 years ago

Mine is the same running 4.0. What version are you running lyonsden?

#725 7 years ago

Mine is 4.0 with NVRAM installed.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#726 7 years ago

I'd like to compile a complete list of bugs and issues with Baywatch. Please reply with anything I do not have listed here.
1) CPR Mode - If you complete the mode, the game displays a 50M completion bonus. However, this 50M is not added to the score.
2) Diver Trapped Mode - The bonuses that are added to your score as you make the shots are incorrect. They are displaying 20M, then 30M, then 40M, then 50M, but instead they are granting 10M, then 20M, then 30M, then 40M.
3) End Of Ball Bonus is incorrectly displaying the amount granted for Rescue Missions. The game is supposed to give you 3M times the amount of Rescue Missions completed... however, it is not displaying the correct amount here. Although, it is granting the correct amount in the total.... so this is purely a display error.
4) The upper right gate opens in certain modes to allow a Left Orbit shot to pass. However, often on a fast shot, the gate is not opening quickly enough to allow the ball to pass and the ball is instead deflected down into the SPF rollover lanes.
5) The lower right gate (just above the shark flipper) opens at certain times (such as during Skill Shot 3) to let the ball pass into the kickback. However, the gate often closes too quickly which does not give the ball enough time to pass.
6) If game Adjustment 32 (Coil Pulse Power) is set to High then the upper right gate does not function correctly at all.
Added over 7 years ago: 7) Text when advancing and collecting Shark Award is not displaying the proper numbers and text goes off the edges of the DMD.
Added over 7 years ago: 8 ) Instant Info doesn't display SPF Bonus Multiplier (the code calls for the wrong screen that does not exist and so instead it shows score for a few seconds). Also, Instant Info does not repeat smoothly.

Added over 7 years ago: 9) If the player achieves the maximum 10X SPF Bonus Multiplier and then advances it again, the player is awarded Extra Ball Is Lit instead and then 20M for each advancement thereafter. However, the End Of Ball bonus will display 11X SPF Bonus Multiplier. The correct bonus is still calculated so this is purely a display bug.

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

) The lower right gate (just above the shark flipper) opens at certain times (such as during Skill Shot 3) to let the ball pass into the kickback. However, the gate often closes too quickly which does not give the ball enough time to pass.

I hate this the worse. It closes soooo fast

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'd like to compile a complete list of bugs and issues with Baywatch. Please reply with anything I do not have listed here.
1) CPR Mode - If you complete the mode, the game displays a 50M completion bonus. However, this 50M is not added to the score.
2) Diver Trapped Mode - The bonuses that are added to your score as you make the shots are incorrect. They are displaying 20M, then 30M, then 40M, then 50M, but instead they are granting 10M, then 20M, then 30M, then 40M.
3) End Of Ball Bonus is incorrectly displaying the amount granted for Rescue Missions. The game is supposed to give you 3M times the amount of Rescue Missions completed... however, it is not displaying the correct amount here. Although, it is granting the correct amount in the total.... so this is purely a display error.
4) The upper right gate opens in certain modes to allow a Left Orbit shot to pass. However, often on a fast shot, the gate is not opening quickly enough to allow the ball to pass and the ball is instead deflected down into the SPF rollover lanes.
5) The lower right gate (just above the shark flipper) opens at certain times (such as during Skill Shot 3) to let the ball pass into the kickback. However, the gate often closes too quickly which does not give the ball enough time to pass.
6) If game Adjustment 32 (Coil Pulse Power) is set to High then the upper right gate does not function correctly at all.

Hi Chad

Have noticed this when collecting Shark Awards - usually for the 30Mill Award, but think I have seen it for the subsequent awards also - the text/display is all wrong.

Regarding the Shark Awards I find on my game the amount of time to make the Shark scoop/award from the Shark flipper is *REALLY* tight, the light flashes for maybe a second at most, I find that often even fast shots to the Scoop simply don't make it in time to register ??? Anyone else notice this ? I don't think I see any Adjustment option for it.

P1010257 (resized).JPGP1010257 (resized).JPG

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

ChadH!!!!!

So happy to have you on team DE/Sega!

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Have noticed this when collecting Shark Awards - usually for the 30Mill Award, but think I have seen it for the subsequent awards also - the text/display is all wrong.
Regarding the Shark Awards I find on my game the amount of time to make the Shark scoop/award from the Shark flipper is *REALLY* tight, the light flashes for maybe a second at most, I find that often even fast shots to the Scoop simply don't make it in time to register ??? Anyone else notice this ? I don't think I see any Adjustment option for it.

Exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for. Thanks Ive!

I've found the bug you mentioned... and squashed it! The "FF" in the text of your screenshot is wrong (FF More Sharks For SHARK) ... it should be the number of shots remaining for the next award. So now it properly displays (1 More Sharks For SHARK, 1 More Sharks For SUPER LASER KICK, etc ). I have it so the text is displaying the proper number there now and it no longer goes off the edges of the screen.

I am adding your bug find to my list above.

Keep them coming guys!

#731 7 years ago

ChadH, how are you fixing the bugs in code of such an old game? Patching the ROM file, or do you have access to the source code that was used? Either way, badass!

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

ChadH, how are you fixing the bugs in code of such an old game? Patching the ROM file, or do you have access to the source code that was used? Either way, badass!

Just the raw assembly language code of the ROM... and a lot of patience. No source code. No comments. But it is a lot of fun and very rewarding.

#733 7 years ago

Here is the result of the secret flipper combo on my machine.. That's a lot of craw sightings!

Photo 10-1-17, 3 22 29 pm (resized).jpgPhoto 10-1-17, 3 22 29 pm (resized).jpg

#734 7 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Here is the result of the secret flipper combo on my machine.. That's a lot of craw sightings!

Haha !! What ??? We *need* to know what the heck this is all about

#735 7 years ago

Why might my game sometimes flash the display and game code splash screen that you see on startup during game play? Might that be a bad display or cpu rom?

#736 7 years ago

Isn't that a power issue to the DMD?....I think that was a common issue that needed to be fixed.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/fpu6IHxAULg

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Isn't that a power issue to the DMD?....I think that was a common issue that needed to be fixed.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/fpu6IHxAULg

I have a color dmd with its own power supply. I didn't notice this before installing the color dmd.

Could it be something on the controller board?

#738 7 years ago

Turns out my ribbon cable from the controller to the driver board is a bit mangled. I straightened it out and no more robots. Need to buy a new one, they only come in sets of three for $30 plus shipping.

#739 7 years ago

My second (and probably final) run of Baywatch shaker motor kits are complete and ready to ship. PM me if anyone is interested.

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

My second (and probably final) run of Baywatch shaker motor kits are complete and ready to ship. PM me if anyone is interested.

I've been analyzing the Baywatch code... it appears that Solenoid 15 (Shaker) is activated with these switches:

Center Ramp Exit (Venice Beach)
Shark Super Scoop
Upper VUK (Earthquake)
Upper Ball Launch
Pop Bumpers

Can someone with this shaker mod please confirm this?

#741 7 years ago

I can confirm Shark scoop, pop bumpers and Upper VUK from memory, I'd have to check the rest.

#742 7 years ago

Joined the club this weekend, ordered the shaker from pthermes, waiting for my rgbdmd to get shipped.
Machine is in very nice condition, just needs LEDs and new rubbers, even the skill shots work 8 out of 10 times
Such a cool game, little one is impressed too

IMG_0986 (resized).JPGIMG_0986 (resized).JPG

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I can confirm Shark scoop, pop bumpers and Upper VUK from memory, I'd have to check the rest.

Yup all 5 on the list start the shaker... other than the pops, they are only on for only a fraction of a second or so

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Yup all 5 on the list start the shaker... other than the pops, they are only on for only a fraction of a second or so

Is shaker worth adding on BW?

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Is shaker worth adding on BW?

Without a doubt!

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Without a doubt!

How often does shaker turn on?
I mean is it used often in game play or for limited shots?
What shots does it turn on?

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Read a few posts back, there is a list. There is also a thread on a baywatch shaker, search for it.

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

The shaker turns on for a quick burst at every location listed above, almost too quick of a burst. its very noticeable in the pops, while the ball is bouncing around in the pop nest.

#749 7 years ago

Just ordered my shaker. STOKED! Will get color DMD in feb!

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I've been analyzing the Baywatch code... it appears that Solenoid 15 (Shaker) is activated with these switches:
Center Ramp Exit (Venice Beach)
Shark Super Scoop
Upper VUK (Earthquake)
Upper Ball Launch
Pop Bumpers
Can someone with this shaker mod please confirm this?

I have confirmed all of these last night - your code analysis is great. Just to be clear - the upper ball launch, is the solenoid above/behind the shark flipper which loops the ball back to the upper left flipper for the IRONMAN shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.