20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 103.
#651 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Easy test to see if electrical or mechanical, turn the game off while the flipper is stuck. If it immediately returns then it's electrical problem, if it's still "stuck" it's mechanical. The return spring on mine sometimes gets out of place and binds up that shark flipper and it doesn't want to return home. Each fix in my case, just reposition the spring.

Thanks. Flipper returns to normal after each ball or if I shut the game off during a ball. It doesn't energize until I press the right flipper button. It is electrical. I also switched the two flipper boards and the problem didn't transfer to the upper left flipper board. All transistors (driver and pre-driver) on both flipper boards as well as the CPU and they all check out fine.

#652 7 years ago

Anybody know where I can buy a plastic set?

Thanks

#653 7 years ago

Another thing if I may ask..if anybody could snap a pic or describe the shape of the "upper launch "switch by the kicker on the right .

Thanks

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Another thing if I may ask..if anybody could snap a pic or describe the shape of the "upper launch "switch by the kicker on the right .
Thanks

There is a great diagram in the manual, you can download this from IPDB or buy it.

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

There is a great diagram in the manual, you can download this from IPDB or buy it.

Thanks oldschool1969. What page may I ask. I read the whole thing and could only find a image to the coil and brackett. From page 70 this is .

Jeff

yy (resized).jpgyy (resized).jpg

#656 7 years ago

Same page Dude, diagram above it.

Baywatch ball launch.pdfBaywatch ball launch.pdf

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Same page Dude, diagram above it.

sorry, just read you want the upper ball launch, should be the same switch though.
When I get chance I will check mine

#658 7 years ago

Page 35 of manual number 47
500-5706-00 fitted to play field under neath

500-5706-00 (resized).jpg500-5706-00 (resized).jpg

#659 7 years ago

Thanks oldskool. The switch mounts from the top. I took one of the rollover switch from the outlane and its physically too big to fit in that slot . Btw the one thats in there now is one that I put in there but its too short and the ball wont make it go high enough to register.

baywatch (resized).jpgbaywatch (resized).jpg

#660 7 years ago
Quoted from jacklick:

.... I couldn't figure out how the 3rd skill shot worked and then saw the gate and auto ball by shark flipper. Unfortunately the actuator is broken.
Anyone know where I can get one of these.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/wire-gates/535-7322-00.html

Finally got around using some .63in piano wire to form the gate actuator and it does work now. However, the gate is not held open long enough for the the ball to make it to the upper auto launcher on skill shot. Any ideas? great relevant pic above the the gate as well.

#661 7 years ago

Installed my color dmd today, literally took 10 minutes to take out the old and install the new, perfect fit. I had to make my own power plug, which took another 5 minutes. Dmd is powered by the service outlet.

Overall, it's a great option. It doesn't solve the same grainy issues of the original, but it is so much better. The video doesn't really capture it well, in person it's really very nice. Unlocking it with the pin2dmd code took a few mins to figure out. For those Unlocking it, make sure you rename your key file to pin2dmd.key. any questions, let me know.

Thanks Dominik at German gaming supplies for giving us this great option!

#662 7 years ago

That looks awesome! You may have the most modded BW on the planet! Very nice.

#663 7 years ago

It's the first in the world I've ever seen with a color dmd. Game has a shaker and led OCD board. Not sure I can make it any better, but I now too have a spare dmd for Baywatch!

#664 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed my color dmd today, literally took 10 minutes to take out the old and install the new, perfect fit. I had to make my own power plug, which took another 5 minutes. Dmd is powered by the service outlet.
Overall, it's a great option. It doesn't solve the same grainy issues of the original, but it is so much better. The video doesn't really capture it well, in person it's really very nice. Unlocking it with the pin2dmd code took a few mins to figure out. For those Unlocking it, make sure you rename your key file to pin2dmd.key. any questions, let me know.
» YouTube video

What is the link to buy this and is it really plug and play? I tried to get the old style towork and could never figure it out.

#665 7 years ago

100% plug and play, no modifications to the game needed. Supply was very limited, like 20, but then I heard he had issues with bad power supplies, so it was likely much less than that. I feel very lucky to have this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the link to buy this and is it really plug and play? I tried to get the old style towork and could never figure it out.

#666 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's the first in the world I've ever seen with a color dmd. Game has a shaker and led OCD board. Not sure I can make it any better, but I now too have a spare dmd for Baywatch!

...and it has the undercab controlled lights amirite?

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...and it has the undercab controlled lights amirite?

Yes, that too! Nvram. I can never sell it. It's a BW super LE.

#668 7 years ago

And subwoofer...when are you adding pinsound with custom sounds??????

#669 7 years ago

That looks sweet in color. Might think about doing that. BW is such a great game.

#670 7 years ago

Sorry. Trying again. Does anyone have a scan or could anyone please scan the boat plastic over the shooter lane?

Mine has a melted plastic from a hot solenoid. I can't seem to find the plastic anywhere.

Thank you.

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sorry. Trying again. Does anyone have a scan or could anyone please scan the boat plastic over the shooter lane?
Mine has a melted plastic from a hot solenoid. I can't seem to find the plastic anywhere.
Thank you.

Send me your email and I send you a higj res photo of it.

#672 7 years ago

Actually a kind 'sider just scanned it today and now my graphics person is fixing it. I should be able to post a completed scan in the next couple of days. Thanks though...

#673 7 years ago

Another great morning on the beach.

IMG_6594 (resized).JPGIMG_6594 (resized).JPG

#674 7 years ago

Made a "mod" for that kickout hole. I found the hole was much wider than the ball and the ball would sometimes rest against the walls instead of the middle. The kicker would hit the ball off center, loosing momementum. Taped a piece of alunimum to the side and now the kicker hits it more squarely and the metal keeps the ball from hitting that piece of metal welded to the ball guide. BTW. still need a picture of that swictharm.

20161114_155655-1 (resized).jpg20161114_155655-1 (resized).jpg

#675 7 years ago

Can you pan out a bit?

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can you pan out a bit?

Ditto, would like to know what exactly you're talking about.

#677 7 years ago

Lol if I pan out ..you won't see it. That metal plate about a inch and half long double-sided taped to the ball guide is what I added. Just put a slight arch at the top so the ball doesnt slap it on the way down.

#678 7 years ago

I've been getting the ball stuck behind the center "earthquake" VUK lately. Anyone have a scan of the clear plastic that is supposed to be back there? Mine is missing.

#679 7 years ago

A scan or a picture? I will take a picture of it if you can get a closer picture of the upper launch switch.

#680 7 years ago

My new modded dolphin. Tied to the shark light and search and rescue light. Much more blue in person.

20161127_152025 (resized).jpg20161127_152025 (resized).jpg

20161127_152013 (resized).jpg20161127_152013 (resized).jpg

#681 7 years ago

Nice

#683 7 years ago

Only mod I did to my BW was an added spotlight. I was tired of that dark ramp going into the Beach hut. Sooooo, that is where I added it. It is a 3 led bulb and it is hidden under the hut. I will try to snap a pic and post it when I get a chance. It really does brighten the ramp up and make it more of an identifiable target to shoot at (since it is well illuminated now). Cheap mod and effective. I tied it into a G.I. lamp near by (spliced it in). Since it is led I was not worried about the added current/amperage draw on the circuit.

BW is a great pin. I had to add a new cpu biard recently. I put in a Rottendog cpu board and am completely happy. No more batteries!!! Comes with a nvram built in!!

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Only mod I did to my BW was an added spotlight. I was tired of that dark ramp going into the Beach hut. Sooooo, that is where I added it. It is a 3 led bulb and it is hidden under the hut. I will try to snap a pic and post it when I get a chance. It really does brighten the ramp up and make it more of an identifiable target to shoot at (since it is well illuminated now). Cheap mod and effective. I tied it into a G.I. lamp near by (spliced it in). Since it is led I was not worried about the added current/amperage draw on the circuit.
BW is a great pin. I had to add a new cpu biard recently. I put in a Rottendog cpu board and am completely happy. No more batteries!!! Comes with a nvram built in!!

I did something similar, but used a 3 led light strip and stuck it to the bottom side of the hut. Definitely a must to light up the ramp underneath the hut.

#685 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

» YouTube video

So here's my problem and this might be the answer.

Long story short DMD was fine, fired up the game and screen went black. No slow burn out, etc. Prior to that was just fine...no ghosting. I had just turned on the game and blank.

So I have tested the power supply going to it and it seems to be dead in the water - not getting a reading at all. So I have the option of trying this wire harness update from Sega's service bulletin to see if it will fix it- http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/sb106.pdf

Or I can just bite the bullet and get the display and bypass all the problems right? My service tech "go to guy" just recently passed away so i'm trying to figure this out on the fly.

So am I guessing right that the power supply is the problem and this option would just pull the power from the service outlet and we call it good right?

Thanks!

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

My new modded dolphin. Tied to the shark light and search and rescue light. Much more blue in person.

Meet Lord Dolph from the outer galaxy

Lord Dolph (resized).jpgLord Dolph (resized).jpg

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

So here's my problem and this might be the answer.
Long story short DMD was fine, fired up the game and screen went black. No slow burn out, etc. Prior to that was just fine...no ghosting. I had just turned on the game and blank.
So I have tested the power supply going to it and it seems to be dead in the water - not getting a reading at all. So I have the option of trying this wire harness update from Sega's service bulletin to see if it will fix it- http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/sb106.pdf
Or I can just bite the bullet and get the display and bypass all the problems right? My service tech "go to guy" just recently passed away so i'm trying to figure this out on the fly.
So am I guessing right that the power supply is the problem and this option would just pull the power from the service outlet and we call it good right?
Thanks!

You can power the color dmd off the driver board too. The harness would work, just need to wire it to the dmd since it doesn't draw power off the controller board and is powered directly via the supplied power supply. Basically, run a line from the power supply of the dmd to cn6 instead of the service outlet.

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Meet Lord Dolph from the outer galaxy

ALL HAIL OUR DOLPHIN OVERLORDS!

#689 7 years ago

So here's an update....messed around with it some more and here's where I am at now.

So I have a Baywatch that the DMD went blank one day.

Have tested the power supply board at CN5 and getting a reading of 4.94, then tested the other end at the DMD and was getting 4.94 also. So it's obvious that there's not getting enough power to get to the DMD and I need some advice on the solution.
Purchase the harness kit here http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6326-00 but logic is telling me that won't fix it cause I'm not drawing enough power anyway to CN5.

Buy a new power supply.

OR...can this problem be fixed on this board? If so is it worth the investment or will the power supply always be the bane of my existence?

The other weird thing is the there is another pair of black and red wires coming out of the CN5 and I haven't fully figured out where they are traced to. I haven't seen this in other photo references. They have been there since I purchased the game close to a year ago and this is the first issue I have ever had with the game, so not sure what I'm looking at there. :/ (Pic attached)

I'd appreciate the input on what to do!

IMG_7232 (resized).JPGIMG_7232 (resized).JPG

#690 7 years ago

Just joined and made this alternate translite for mine.

BW shrk pst (resized).jpgBW shrk pst (resized).jpg

#691 7 years ago

That looks awesome!

#692 7 years ago

That is epic! Will you be making more?

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

That is epic! Will you be making more?

Thanks. Sure, anyone who's interested pm me.

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Looks awesome and just sent payment!

#695 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I saw that on eBay yesterday! Looks cool! I'd love to make a custom one for myself but highlight more of the girls that I liked from the show!

#696 7 years ago

My graphics person didn't come through but I was able to clean up the Boat plastic to make it at least presentable. Will work on printing to waterslide decal and cutting the plastic maybe this weekend.

Pinball Plastics Baywatch (resized).jpgPinball Plastics Baywatch (resized).jpg

#697 7 years ago

I like the new art but does it look more like a lake in Michigan than a California beach?

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

looks cool but the trees need to be replaced with a beach / city scape

I would like one if revisions are done.

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks cool but the trees need to be replaced with a beach / city scape
I would like one if revisions are done.

Or maybe just extend the water out to the horizon, though that may make it look like the shark is in kiddie-pool deep water.

#700 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

So here's an update....messed around with it some more and here's where I am at now.
So I have a Baywatch that the DMD went blank one day.
Have tested the power supply board at CN5 and getting a reading of 4.94, then tested the other end at the DMD and was getting 4.94 also. So it's obvious that there's not getting enough power to get to the DMD and I need some advice on the solution.
Purchase the harness kit here http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6326-00 but logic is telling me that won't fix it cause I'm not drawing enough power anyway to CN5.
Buy a new power supply.
OR...can this problem be fixed on this board? If so is it worth the investment or will the power supply always be the bane of my existence?
The other weird thing is the there is another pair of black and red wires coming out of the CN5 and I haven't fully figured out where they are traced to. I haven't seen this in other photo references. They have been there since I purchased the game close to a year ago and this is the first issue I have ever had with the game, so not sure what I'm looking at there. :/ (Pic attached)
I'd appreciate the input on what to do!

BUMP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 259.00
$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.