IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 103.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It's taking the ball too long to get around the shooter wireform. A couple things to check for starters:
Slope of the machine
Clean polished balls
Clean wireform
Make double sure the launcher is hitting the ball perfect
Edit: Here's a video of mine to compare speed (sorry for video quality, I have an old iPhone).
» YouTube video

2 weeks later
#602 7 years ago

I'm in I'm in. Just found a very dirty busted, broken, beautiful one. Wish me luck for this long process of restoration.
It has no translite, no battery damage, no broken plastics, good DMD , good cabinet, no glass, busted flippers, the usual for a machine stored for quite some time and collecting dust
STOKED!

DSCN1584_(resized).JPGDSCN1584_(resized).JPG

DSCN1586_(resized).JPGDSCN1586_(resized).JPG

DSCN1587_(resized).JPGDSCN1587_(resized).JPG

#603 7 years ago

congrats oldskool, need to find one again for myself.

4 weeks later
#604 7 years ago

Is there any interest in trading a fully working Sega DMD for a Color DMD variant? Shoot me a PM

#605 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in some upgraded lighting, let me know. Added a blue trough light and some green back lighting.

Still pretty dark in the middle of the game, maybe need a few spotlights.

20160706_211239_(resized).jpg20160706_211239_(resized).jpg

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Still pretty dark in the middle of the game, maybe need a spotlight or two.

I added a few spotlights because yeah, a little too dim in the playfield. Not sure about that green LED you added up top though. Might look better with white instead?

#607 7 years ago

Yeah, maybe. There's a white light I added in back left, you can see in the pic. Game is very dark overall.

#608 7 years ago

I noticed the white light in the top left. I think a bit more white up top and some spotlights pointing in the middle area of the playfield will help.

#609 7 years ago

I added a 5 or 6 led strip to the outside of the lifeguard ramp. Sticks on and casts some pretty good light in that area. wire ran nicely under the life guard tower assembly.

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I added a 5 or 6 led strip to the outside of the lifeguard ramp. Sticks on and casts some pretty good light in that area. wire ran nicely under the life guard tower assembly.

Have pics? I placed a blue LED strip behind the guard tower, stuck to the inside of the curved ramp out of sight. Something I wish I could take back when I tore this game down, was using blue LEDs under the center ramp. It looks OK, but whites would've looked nicer. So I just went with the blue in that area. The GI bulbs can't easily be replaced from under the playfield like most games.

#611 7 years ago

Hey guys, doing a little tune up tonight; I thought that when you came down the right lane "lite orbit" that it opened both gates and fired the ball back to the upper right flipper, just looking for confirmation on the function of "lite orbit" Also I have been getting the ball stuck behind the center "earth quake" wireform lately, does anyone have a scan of the clear plastic that is supposed to be there to divert the ball back to the playfield?

#612 7 years ago

Lite orbit just opens the upper right gate for a brief period to allow for a semi-orbit shot that comes back down to the shark flipper.

2 weeks later
#613 7 years ago

hi all. i've been working on a baywatch i bought some months back. it's my first pin and i absolutely i love this game. anyhow, i have fixed a ton of stuff on the game. installed a dmd extender which looks great. the only thing i can't get working is the lower control gate. i was wondering if anyone had a picture of the coil underneath the gate? i just want to make sure the diode and wires are hooked up correctly.

thanks in advance.

#614 7 years ago

been stripped and polished. New chrome rails and rebuilt ALL mechs. Pinball centre LED's and silicone rubbers. More pictures to come, but she plays like a real demon now

IMG_0854_(resized).jpgIMG_0854_(resized).jpg

IMG_0856_(resized).jpgIMG_0856_(resized).jpg

#615 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom/page/12#post-3278809
Showing a maverick, but I think you know what we are working on.

Greetings,
Dom

#616 7 years ago

Anyone got a good suggestion for cleaning and/or polishing the ball rails? I've seen results with the flap brush on chrome...but need something for these pesky chrome trails.

#617 7 years ago

Autosol and elbow grease.

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Anyone got a good suggestion for cleaning and/or polishing the ball rails? I've seen results with the flap brush on chrome...but need something for these pesky chrome trails.

I had great outcomes with Brasso: https://www.amazon.com/Brasso-Multipurpose-Metal-Polish-8-oz/dp/B00BILDIU4

#619 7 years ago

Appears I need the plastic (and a screw) mentioned in post #390 in this thread, anyone have one or know a source for one? Thanks in advance!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/8#post-2722389

Added over 8 years ago: Found

1 month later
#620 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Does anyone know what the differences are between rom v4.0 vs 3.0? Do I also need to update my display rom if I update the cpu rom?

Just picked up a baywatch, so joining the club, and am burning new roms now. Not sure of the differences but I did dump ver.3.0 if anyone is interested or wants it.

There is no change in the sound roms as the chksum is the same so you don't have to replace those.

You need 2 M27c4001 120ns or faster (-12 or -10) for the 4.0 Display Roms and 1 m27c512 for the 4.0 CPU Rom, or erase the ones you have.

#621 7 years ago

You just reminded me I hadn't posted a pic of it finished. Few minor tweaks left to do though. Like the mung flasher lamp right in the middle of the play field on the wire form

DSCN1732 (resized).JPGDSCN1732 (resized).JPG
DSCN1733 (resized).JPGDSCN1733 (resized).JPG

#622 7 years ago

I never find everything wrong at time of purchase. As I started digging into mine, I couldn't figure out how the 3rd skill shot worked and then saw the gate and auto ball by shark flipper. Unfortunately the actuator is broken.

Anyone know where I can get one of these.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/wire-gates/535-7322-00.html

Also have the broken plastic above drop targets, drop targets don't reset consistently, one wire broken on knocker coil, one of the SS flipper boards was replaced with a pinled.com board. Not too bad.

Interesting blog read here
http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/search/label/Baywatch

#623 7 years ago

Jacklick I may have the plastic you need. Let take me a look.

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Jacklick I may have the plastic you need. Let take me a look.

If he doesn't, try pming https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bioba

He had a few

#625 7 years ago

Does anyone have the boat plastic above the shooter lane? I really need one, mine got fried from a bad coil.
Thanks!

#626 7 years ago

I bought 2 from bioba (gave the other to a friend who just bought a Baywatch). They were perfect and as described.

#627 7 years ago

My wife got to the earthquake mode today, and demolished my high score.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#628 7 years ago

Jacklick you're in luck. I have 3 extras, minty fresh. PM me.

Lee

#629 7 years ago

Came home from York and played my BW for a few minutes. " Never had a better day"

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#630 7 years ago

Hello everyone, I just picked up a baywatch and need some help. I was wondering if anyone can post a pic of the underneath of the lower playfield. I have the lite orbit and the lite shark flip inserts wired into the GI and are always on, is this wired correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Hello everyone, I just picked up a baywatch and need some help. I was wondering if anyone can post a pic of the underneath of the lower playfield. I have the lite orbit and the lite shark flip inserts wired into the GI and are always on, is this wired correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is correct.

#632 7 years ago

I appreciate the response, so it right, they are always on?
Thanks

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

I appreciate the response, so it right, they are always on?
Thanks

Yes.

#634 7 years ago

Thank you

1 week later
#635 7 years ago

Thought I'd play for a bit at lunch today... needless to say, I was a little late getting back to work.

Baywatch Pinball (resized).JPGBaywatch Pinball (resized).JPG

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thought I'd play for a bit at lunch today... needless to say, I was a little late getting back to work.

Nice! That is an awesome score.

#638 7 years ago

I added a topper.

20160912_170208 (resized).jpg20160912_170208 (resized).jpg

20160912_170238 (resized).jpg20160912_170238 (resized).jpg

#639 7 years ago

I have one of those floats too. One of the best topper ideas ever! Working on inserting some led strips inside it.

#640 7 years ago

Hey guys quick tech question.

Half of my flashers are not working. On the playfield the most noticable being the 2 on the left side ramp and the 2 upside down at the back. Also only half of the flashers on the backbox are working.

I've checked fuses and reseat the connector and can see the relay on the board switching when I open/close the coin door.

I've got no issues with any of the coils.

Anyone had a similar issue and resolved it?

#641 7 years ago

Just picked up a Baywatch today!!! Needs a good cleaning but everything seems to be working. Can't wait to dig into it tonight.

#642 7 years ago

Need the boat plastic by the shooter and 1 pink flipper. Please let me know if you have them!

#643 7 years ago

Maybe this is the best place to a few baywatch questions..anybody know how to activate "search and rescue"? I read that this is like a "mystery" prize. You light all the yellow standups and the spinner shot awards a prize but mine does nothing. The spinner switch itself works. Is it the switch in the kickout hole on the far right that activates the search and rescue? I know mine is a little sketchy as it takes a few seconds before the coil launches it out.

Second question is....what do you guys have the shark flipper set to? Factory setting is "2"but the numbers go up to the 90's I think. Mine never hits the shark hole. Usually hits the lower shark standups.
Thanks

#644 7 years ago

To activate Search & Rescue, you are correct that the ball must go into the right side kick-out hole. Once in there, it activates.

As for the shark flipper, every machine is different (hence the settings), I think mine is around 97/98. I don't recall at the moment, but going up vs. down in numbers changes how early/late the flipper reacts after the rollover switch is activated. What I did was take the glass off, go into the shark flipper setting, and repeatedly drop the ball as if it came from the "Earthquake" VUK wireform and see what adjusting the numbers did until it was on target. Note that this doesn't mean that during gameplay it will always nail it as the ball will come through that area at differing speeds, but it will allow it to be as accurate as possible.

#645 7 years ago

You may have seen my request for help on my shark flipper, here's a link to the problem:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-flipper-wont-go-down-please-help

#646 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You may have seen my request for help on my shark flipper, here's a link to the problem:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-flipper-wont-go-down-please-help

Set shark to 99. Works 60%of the time. Switch wasnt registering because the lever wasn't attached. It was lodged under the coil. I don't think it was the right one anyway as the shape stopped the ball from resting on the armature... thus no power. The armature was actually hitting the lever on its way to the ball..losing more power. Find need to a spare and modify it.

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Set shark to 99. Works 60%of the time. Switch wasnt registering because the lever wasn't attached. It was lodged under the coil. I don't think it was the right one anyway as the shape stopped the ball from resting on the armature... thus no power. The armature was actually hitting the lever on its way to the ball..losing more power. Find need to a spare and modify it.

My problem is the shark flipper energizes when i hit the right button and doesnt go down until the end of the ball.

#648 7 years ago

Maybe something is binding. Or if the coil is constantly energized that is not good.

#649 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I have one of those floats too. One of the best topper ideas ever! Working on inserting some led strips inside it.

Anyone have or know of a full size Baywatch float like in OTTOgds pictures above? looks Awesome!

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

My problem is the shark flipper energizes when i hit the right button and doesnt go down until the end of the ball.

Easy test to see if electrical or mechanical, turn the game off while the flipper is stuck. If it immediately returns then it's electrical problem, if it's still "stuck" it's mechanical. The return spring on mine sometimes gets out of place and binds up that shark flipper and it doesn't want to return home. Each fix in my case, just reposition the spring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.