IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
20231226_091120 (resized).jpg
Baywatch (resized).jpg
IMG_0416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6100 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 102.
#451 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone that has not dropped in the aftermarket LED board for this game should. It is a great addition.

I know this is an old post, and sorry for the noob question, but what is this?

#452 8 years ago

I cant rememeber the name but basically a drop in aftermarket board which allows you to program the intensity and rise/fall of all 4 GI strings independantly.

In short you can get rid of epilepsy mutiball and the aweful relay clicking.

#453 8 years ago

It's called the energi maestro.......here's the thread on it....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east

I have it for my BW and TFTC....greatly reduces glare in my back box lights for me (GI lights can be controlled too) and would recommend it 100%. Also the guy who makes this MOD is easy to work with if you have any issues. Get it if you can!!

#455 8 years ago

I have it in my Baywatch and WWFRR great mod, well worth money.

#456 8 years ago

What's the cost?

#457 8 years ago

I really like the scuba diver above the Venice beach sign

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#458 8 years ago

I have a couple of new Baywatch drop target plastics. The ones that always break.
Sell two of them for $30 or single one for $20.
Will ship worldwide for $3.50.Boat.jpgBoat.jpgBoat.jpgBoat.jpg

#459 8 years ago

Anyone know the approximate weight of a populated Baywatch playfield? I have a bike mounting system (harbor freight, block and tackle) mounted to the ceiling of my garage that I am thinking about using to help in removing the playfield, then place on the rotisserie. It says to not exceed 44 pounds (though I don't know how much of a "hard" limit that is). Any thoughts?

Ps... This is my first time removing a playfield, so if there is an easier way, your advice is welcome.

#460 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It says to not exceed 44 pounds (though I don't know how much of a "hard" limit that is). Any thoughts?

If it is from Harbor Freight don't go past 10 pounds.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone know the approximate weight of a populated Baywatch playfield? I have a bike mounting system (harbor freight, block and tackle) mounted to the ceiling of my garage that I am thinking about using to help in removing the playfield, then place on the rotisserie. It says to not exceed 44 pounds (though I don't know how much of a "hard" limit that is). Any thoughts?
Ps... This is my first time removing a playfield, so if there is an easier way, your advice is welcome.

I don't know the approximate weight, but after removing the PF to Baywatch once, it definitely is over 60lbs I would imagine. All the wire forms and mechanisms make it damn heavy.

#462 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments. She's on the rotisserie. I have that sinking "what have I gotten myself into" feeling, lol.

IMG_4968.jpgIMG_4968.jpg

1 week later
#463 8 years ago

I made an undercab light kit for my Baywatch, came out pretty good. If anyone wants me to make one for them or wants me to show them how to make it, please let me know. It's nothing fancy, just hooks into the flasher sockets under the playfield, but it's pretty effective. I tied it into the bumper flasher, the flasher that coincides with the porpoise sound and one other, which I can't remember off hand. Requires an RGB led light strip, wire and some clips. You'll need to be able to solder in tight spaces as the led strip contacts are small and close together. I posted a FS ad in the market and some dude was giving me crap for it, likely because he also sells a kit and doesn't like me undercutting him...whatever...it won't blow your game up if you follow some simple instructions. Hope you like it...

#464 8 years ago

Found a HUO around 200 plays. Jumped on it for a reasonable price. It's brand new looking. Absolutely perfect except for fuse holders and the stock batteries. Lol.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#465 8 years ago

The GI wasn't working in these pics, but since sorted out. Putting cool white LEDS in the GI, controlling with one of those boards when it's made.

#466 8 years ago

Wow!!! I've been trying to find a Baywatch. Hope I can find one even half that nice. Looks virtualy new.

#467 8 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the eject kicker in the ball trough becoming weak as to not put the ball in the shooter lane? I have replaced the plunger and solenoid. It works fine untill it does not, like it is loosing power as the game stays on. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

#468 8 years ago

Anyone know where this piece goes? It was in the cab of my Baywatch when I bought it and I'm in the middle of a rebuild and figured I'd put it where it goes of its supposed to be somewhere. Thanks!

#469 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone know where this piece goes? It was in the cab of my Baywatch when I bought it and I'm in the middle of a rebuild and figured I'd put it where it goes of its supposed to be somewhere. Thanks!
image_(resized).jpeg

I just looked at mine and didn't see that piece . . .

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just looked at mine and didn't see that piece . . .

Not in mine either

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Has anyone had a problem with the eject kicker in the ball trough becoming weak as to not put the ball in the shooter lane? I have replaced the plunger and solenoid. It works fine untill it does not, like it is loosing power as the game stays on. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Check the opto boards on the trough. They are pretty junky and tend to have issues.

To test, once it appears to have failed with kicking a ball, open the coin door carefully (vibration is sometimes enough to help it "fix itself") and go into switch and coil test to see if things are working.

I am guessing the coil and plunger is just fine. It is the flakey opto board. Carefully reflow traces and the tiny chip and hopefully good to go.

If it does end up being your opto boards and you cant fix or find a replacement set then let me know. I have a few sets I bought a while back since they are hard to find.

#472 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Found a HUO around 200 plays. Jumped on it for a reasonable price. It's brand new looking. Absolutely perfect except for fuse holders and the stock batteries. Lol.

hell of deal on that for 2200!

Such a great game and that must be one of the nicer original examples.

#473 8 years ago

I think the clear plastic goes behind the Earth Quake - up kicker and sets at a angle .

#474 8 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I think the clear plastic goes behind the Earth Quake - up kicker and sets at a angle .

#475 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies and pic. Also, crazy awesome deal at $2200. For that price, I'd buy it to stick beside the one I have lol.

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

image_(resized).jpeg

Nice find -- mine is missing that piece.

#477 8 years ago

Quick question. Just finished putting everything back together and my shooter plunger (auto ball launch assembly) started getting really hot and smelled of something not good, so I shut her down. It played great for a bit until I noticed the smell and traced it to the shooter plunger solenoid. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I waited until it cooled off and tried again just to have a better look with the apron off, but the solenoid (or something else) must have burnt up as it wouldn't do anything anymore.

The only "fix" I did to this assembly was re-solder the shooter lane switch wire. Link here to my topic discussing this issue: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-lane-switch-wire. This couldn't cause the solenoid to burn up if incorrect, could it? Again, it was working fine until I noticed the smell, now it doesn't work at all. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Also, just ohm tested the solenoid and it is reading 3.9 ohms.

#478 8 years ago

I'm not married to this Baywatch, if someone really needs it and is willing to pay top dollar for this top end(maybe the best original Baywatch in existence ) pin, I'd listen to offers. I'm not an unreasonable person.

#479 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I'm not married to this Baywatch, if someone really needs it and is willing to pay top dollar for this top end(maybe the best original Baywatch in existent) pin, I'd listen to offers. I'm not an unreasonable person.

you are already at the top end for the title...

2500 is about the max on BW currently.

My example is almost as nice as yours and I picked it up for 1050 about a year ago and it has a sweet custom topper that is a real movie prop from the show. I have since added a bunch and pimped it out with powder and the controlled light board, but still dont think you will find even the best example BW selling for much beyond 2500.

I think the Hoff's mint example and signed went for just over 3k not too far back?

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I have a couple of new Baywatch drop target plastics. The ones that always break.
Sell two of them for $30 or single one for $20.
Will ship worldwide for $3.50.Boat.jpgBoat.jpg

Just wanted to mention that I bought 2 of these from BioBa. They came in great condition and as described. Not sure if anyone needs a scan of them, but I was planning on making a scan to keep for myself just in case.

#481 8 years ago

People have pm'd with better offers already, so I'd say it might grab more than 2800

#482 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

People have pm'd with better offers already, so I'd say it might grab more than 2800

600 bucks flip in a week is pretty nice.

Let us know what it goes for. BW is a severly underrated game so maybe it is getting the love it deserves!

#483 8 years ago

For sure. I'm adding LEDs plus a GI LED board. It's going to be *perfect*

#484 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

600 bucks flip in a week is pretty nice.
Let us know what it goes for. BW is a severly underrated game so maybe it is getting the love it deserves!

Agreed. Mine has found a permanent home.

#485 8 years ago

It's pretty rad, the rules could use some work though. I'm not trying to be a dick and dangle it out there for bid, but who knows. Maybe a sweet trade or cash offer for someone's Grail pin. Can't come close to this package(other than theme) within thousand$ of this title. I'm going to spend some more time with it first for sure.

#486 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I'm not trying to be a dick and dangle it out there for bid, but who knows.

When everyone knows you picked it up for $2200 and are flipping it so quickly you have a limited audience/ amount I would guess.

Taking bids IS pretty lame and if you wanted to be respectful with it then you would just put a price on it.

Pretty sure exactly what you are doing is fishing for bids and a profit on your good fortune of finding it...

Quoted from Msch:

if someone really needs it and is willing to pay top dollar for this top end(maybe the best original Baywatch in existence ) pin, I'd listen to offers.

I'd also suggets you go start an actual ad if you are wanting to sell.

#487 8 years ago

Yeah. It's my risk going to spend my time and negotiate with a seller. Maybe I shouldn't be as honest when I'm asked what I payed for it, when no one else was interested in checking it out. but hey, stern can ask 7500 for a pro, so whatever. I got a deal. Not a $500 for a MM, but a good value. Sorry if I appear to be flipping a "Baywatch", because that's what I'm doing. And it's not for sale anywhere, but on pinside.

#488 8 years ago

If someone wants it, send an offer. I'd be happy to pay pinsides fees. It's not going on CL or eBay. I guess when I get a deal it's unethical to try to make a profit.

#489 8 years ago

Won't lie it tempts me just because I love my baywatch so much, and as nice as mine is, that one is certainly a bit nicer. Good luck if you get some offers on it.

#490 8 years ago

I bought mine for $1100 and it was filthy and needed a few minor things repaired. One of our best looking games right now after it was torn down, shopped, fixed and modded a lot. Mirror blades really make the playfield pop. The shaker motor is a terrific addition too.

My wife says it's a keeper since we worked on it together. But she also said the same thing with our TFTC that I traded for a BSD.

I'd list ours for $2500+ if I decided to sell it to put towards another game. Would love to get a Met Pro one day and at least one pin would need to be sold to acquire a Met. Would it be Baywatch? Really tough call because it's such a fun game.

#491 8 years ago

edited a typo and ended up hitting the quote button instead.

#492 8 years ago

Agree w/ PoMC, it would take 2,500+ for me to even consider (emphasis on a doubtful consider) letting go of my Baywatch.

#493 8 years ago

Finally got the Baywatch restored/rebuilt. Will be adding side mirrors soon, but wanted to play it for a few weeks to make sure there are no hiccups, so far it's playing dang fast. Rebuilt all flippers and bumpers, and replaced probably 50-60% of all playfield solenoids and parts. Also added a few mods, such as the shark, a buoy that is lit by the laser kick light, and smd light strips under the tower and in the drain. Pretty excited with how it's turning out. I have some dolphins I'm wanting to add, but figuring out how I would like to attach them. Here come the pics.

It was absolutely filthy before, A comparison pic is also included.

Also, my red trough (tower lock) had broke at the 2 end screws. Seems this is a common occurrence. Attached is a mod I did with pipe hanger, electrical tape, and a sponge. It works amazingly well.

Edit: Forgot to add that I also made a surfboard mod to protect my newly purchased drop target plastic.

Also, here's a quick video.

Shark_Mod_(resized).jpgShark_Mod_(resized).jpg
Shark_&_Buoy_Mods_(resized).jpgShark_&_Buoy_Mods_(resized).jpg
Buoy_Mod_(resized).jpgBuoy_Mod_(resized).jpg
Tower_Trough_Support_Mod_2_(resized).jpgTower_Trough_Support_Mod_2_(resized).jpg
Tower_Trough_Support_Mod_(resized).jpgTower_Trough_Support_Mod_(resized).jpg
Backbox_After_(resized).jpgBackbox_After_(resized).jpg
Backbox_before_(resized).jpgBackbox_before_(resized).jpg
Before_After_(resized).jpgBefore_After_(resized).jpg

Surfboard_Mod_(resized).jpgSurfboard_Mod_(resized).jpg

#494 8 years ago

Looks great! Nice job on the backbox painting, looks mint.

#495 8 years ago

Looks nice. I mounted some dolphins on my slings and added a diver.

20160102_141309_(resized).jpg20160102_141309_(resized).jpg

20160102_141324_(resized).jpg20160102_141324_(resized).jpg

#496 8 years ago

Yep my subway is broken in that exact same spot - good mod to keep it steady, I need to make one of those - I just used wire and some rag beneath it, same result but not as "pretty!"

Good job!

#497 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments! Also, love the pics of other's mods. They look great.

I know in the other post I said I was going to wait a few weeks for the side mirror install... well...

IMG_6433_(resized).JPGIMG_6433_(resized).JPG

#498 8 years ago

Where can I buy the alternate backglass?Thanks in advance.

#499 8 years ago

Can I mention how gratifying a shot it is to catch, then backhand the tower for multiball?

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Check the opto boards on the trough. They are pretty junky and tend to have issues.
To test, once it appears to have failed with kicking a ball, open the coin door carefully (vibration is sometimes enough to help it "fix itself") and go into switch and coil test to see if things are working.
I am guessing the coil and plunger is just fine. It is the flakey opto board. Carefully reflow traces and the tiny chip and hopefully good to go.
If it does end up being your opto boards and you cant fix or find a replacement set then let me know. I have a few sets I bought a while back since they are hard to find.

Thanks Dude , I will give this a shot. See you in Sept.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.