Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 6.30.53 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 6.30.43 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 6.31.16 PM (resized).png
3F39419E-2166-4E7B-A22F-A2A20ADD3F41 (resized).jpeg
4069B2EF-082F-4229-94C3-3F828E72E1B6 (resized).jpeg
76883E6C-01C1-4640-A83F-FF5742BB5E9C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

If the switches are working I would start easy and check the trough for physical issues. It was a very common issue for DE and subsequently Sega troughs to have issues with those switches needing constant adjustment to activate consistently and balls getting physically hung up in the trough and not rolling properly to trigger the switch. I would mess around manually with the coin door open and drain some balls in switch test and watch the behavior in the trough and see if there is anything you notice.

#5 3 years ago

Take all the balls out and go into switch test. Gently drain one at a time and see what happens and if the switches are registering with each ball and you will be able to see if a ball is hung up in the trough or a switch has a ball on it but there is not enough pressure to activate it.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

grantopia that was helpful. Balls removed, switch 5,4,3 and 2 all register the switch and then say “none” in test mode. However, switch 1 (closest to drain) registers the switch and then never stops unless I un-press the switch. It’s like it continuously is sending a signal even when the ball is resting on it.

That seems like the likely suspect. My guess is the switch closest to the drain isn't registering that a ball has hit it and closed it since it never reopened. I would swap that switch out for a new one. To try and confirm you could start a game and plunge one ball and then press switch 5 open, then drain the ball to see if it registers. Sounds like just a bad switch or adjustment needed.

#11 3 years ago

You installed a new switch and it's also sticking down?

#13 3 years ago

What happens if you manually activate it?

#17 3 years ago

Can you clarify what the issue is? It sounded like initially the trough switches weren't registering and one was physically stuck. You swapped that and the new switch is also physically sticking close and now it sounds like the shark switch is physically sticking closed also?

Not trying to be annoying we just need to figure out what is happening with the game to diagnose.

#19 3 years ago

Ok that helps. So the switch isn't physically stuck it sounds like. There are a few things I would try...

If you have your meter, hook up to those switches on continuity and see if you get the same reading as the other trough switches when you close it. You should get one continuous tone.

You said you swapped the trough switch and still had the same problem? Did you reuse the same diode? I would double check all the diodes and wiring on the switches in the row for correct orientation.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

grantopia You were right all along! Feels good to finally have this game working correctly. Thank you for the help.

Hey no problem, team effort on this one, glad you are sorted out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-ball-trough-issues?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.