Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210709_232418418 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210709_231938876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210709_231545948 (resized).jpg
IMG_0406 (resized).jpg
IMG_0407 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Hey Pinside. I'm almost done with my Baywatch overhaul and am now in the tweaking and adjusting phase. My main issue is that the ball is getting hung up on the launch ramp just before it drops onto the playfield above the in-lanes. It is hitting the guard tower exit wire ramp bracket above (see pics). I have tried raising the guard tower assembly but there isn't enough clearance until it interferes with the glass above. I have tried bending the assembly but it quickly moves back into the same position. These ramps and wireforms are pretty packed in there.

ideas?

IMG_0407 (resized).jpg

IMG_0406 (resized).jpg

#2 3 months ago

Looks like the wireforms are powder coated, that could be adding to the thickness but I don't know if that would be enough to cause a hang up.

When I get back home I'll take a look at my Baywatch and see if anything stands out to me

#3 3 months ago

Thanks, PunkPin . Yes, the ramps are powder coated and definately thicker but I can't see how the stack height would be changed so much.

#4 3 months ago

Looks like the upper wireform is correct but your lower may be sitting jus a bit high. Ball barely clears the cutout in the bracket on mine... Excuse my dirty Baywatch.

PXL_20210709_231545948 (resized).jpgPXL_20210709_231938876 (resized).jpgPXL_20210709_232418418 (resized).jpg
#5 3 months ago

Or just put some pressure on the lower ramp to bend it just a tiny bit without cracking the paint and you should be in the clear

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Or just put some pressure on the lower ramp to bend it just a tiny bit without cracking the paint and you should be in the clear

Thanks. I plan on doing that tonight along with aligning the shooter coil/plunger better. The bracket mounting holes need to be filed larger to allow more adjustment to center the plunger.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside