1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A787443E-FA56-4DB3-8646-617A86AB7A9F (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hey helpers, finally after forever decided to attack and troubleshoot 2 issues I have on my Baywatch

I had a tad bit of help in the Baywatch thread, but need to dial this in more specific.
My Upper left flipper and my autolaunch out of the shooter lane are totally weak. The autolaunch won't really get the ball off wireform and in play anymore & the upper left flipper wont make the ramp shot it's intended to. This may be easier to troubleshoot if they didn't work at all, but they do, just shittily.

I am adept at troubleshooting, but awful at reading schematics. I have the manual and trying to read and narrow down if its a common or multiple transistors bad? I may have spares around. I can fix If I get on the right track

Thanks to anyone in advance

#2 1 year ago

First thing I would check is if the plunger is moving freely through the sleeve. Then coil resistance (and proper coil installed).

#3 1 year ago

Yeah, I have not rules out mechanical problem either yet.

I have messed with that autoplunge over and over.
But it seems weird the upper left flipper is weak and feel there may be a common thing.

#4 1 year ago

one thing may be wrong in the autolaunch is the mech is way too sloppy. The coil stop is tight, but thre entire coil has room to for way too much movement. Maybe the sleeve is incorrect or maybe its built a bit wrong

#5 1 year ago

Anyone tell me what item 9 is?

Edit: ok, checked marco - its a spring washer.

Ok, getting closer I think on the autoplunge- I believe I have the wrong sleeve in. it neede sleeve with flange to hold coil at retainer bracket

A787443E-FA56-4DB3-8646-617A86AB7A9F (resized).jpegA787443E-FA56-4DB3-8646-617A86AB7A9F (resized).jpeg

#6 1 year ago

Autoplunge - FIXED - fully powerful and i'm an idiot. Got it fairly quick by just by paying attention mech diagram and getting it right.

Incorrect sleeve was in there. Added one with a flange, that kept it firmly in place and the spring washer was on the front of coil, not the back, moved it to where it needed to be.

NOW, on to the weak assed upper left flipper!!!

#7 1 year ago

When was the last time the flippers were rebuilt?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

When was the last time the flippers were rebuilt?

Flippers are good, prob less than 1000-1300 games on rebuilt main flippers.

It's only the upper left that's poor, BUT I may have just found the culprit. I think one side of the coil has a shitbag solder job done. Going to redo that and recheck flipper power after

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-2-weak-shots- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.