(Topic ID: 111964)

Bay Area: Anyone want to trade my JD for almost any other WPC machine?

By BrianMadden

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2271.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianMadden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a JD here in my office which I've been using to develop the Mission Pinball Framework, but I'm getting kind of bored of it and I only have room for one pin here, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to trade it for another WPC machine?

I'm hoping for a trade since I can't go without a machine and I don't love the process of buying and selling, so I'm hoping I can kill two birds with one stone via a trade.

I'm in San Francisco and I have a friend with a van, so I'm happy to drive anywhere within a few hours to do the exchange.

The playfield is excellent. The cabinet has some scratches that someone painted it, but overall it's pretty good. I rebuilt the drop targets and put red ones in with stickers instead of the original black. It has incandescent lighting. No topper. It has a PinLED aftermarket DMD board (but an original DMD which works 100%) and a Rottendog driver board. It has the original Deadworld orbit thing (where the balls are captured without falling out). I have an L-7 ROM and I think I have the L-1 somewhere.. (I have to dig for it.)

I'm happy to trade straight-up or plus/minus cash. The key is I want to leave with this machine and come home with another one.

I attached one photo here and we have more in our Flickr photostream:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/missionpinball/

So, any interest from anyone?

Road Show plastic not included. :)Road Show plastic not included.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 9 years ago

Or I could give you a JD and you could give me WHO dunnit? I'll deliver!!

I would actually be fine with Hurricane. I got Mission Pinball Framework running on one when I was in Seattle last month for a Meetup. Unfortunately though it doesn't have CPU controlled flippers. Well, that's not the problem.. the problem is that there are no flipper button inputs into the CPU so I couldn't do lane change and stuff with it. (Which is weird because the manual shows the flipper buttons in the matrix, but unless someone took the switches from the one I had access to, the only flipper switches were the high power pre-Fliptronics manual ones.) So unfortunately I don't think Hurricane will work for me.

IMG_2073.jpgIMG_2073.jpg
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Problem is I have a very specific arrangement with what I can and cant do with that game and it comes down to a promise to my father.

Haha... I think I have a similar situation with my Jokerz which will be at my mom's house until she dies.

Quoted from Cheddar:

Yeah there are no lane change switches on the flippers. Somehow it knows how to lane change though

That's interesting. I saw the "Lane Change" painted on the apron but I just assumed someone had swapped out the apron with one from another game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianMadden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bay-area-anyone-want-to-trade-my-jd-for-almost-any-other-wpc-machine?tu=BrianMadden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.