(Topic ID: 138261)

Bay Area Amusements - ??? Recent sales ?

By NoQuarters

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Is Bay Area Amusements Internet storefront active ? I placed an order on Sept. 2nd for a couple of coils and got an automated email message - order pending. Do they update the status of orders with an email message ? I tried using their "help" ticket email to check on my order. Also called their store and could not get a live person - was sent to voice mail message box.

Is this Company still active or in business ? Out of town ? Haven't had experience ordering from them before.
    Just wondering how they usually do business. I usually use a couple other sources but they didn't stock the coils I needed so I thought I'd try this company as they showed items in stock.

Thought it odd you can't get a live person even on the phone using a non 800 number ... just want to make sure that they are not recently defunct or something ?

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Keep in mind, it was a holiday weekend--that might have something to do with it.

#3 8 years ago

I bought a bunch of ramps from them a month ago. No issues. I don't think they update you much on tracking etc.

#4 8 years ago

Yeah - I ordered a board back in August, and only got ONE email saying the order's pending. Then, about 5 days later, it arrived. So communication is lacking, but I got the item.

#5 8 years ago

Ok - thanks. Good enough. Was just wondering. Just had a little concern when I couldn't get anybody by phone.
    The pending thing had me wondering... Guess we just wait for the order to arrive. I just didn't want to wind up in limbo.

Thanks guys.

#6 8 years ago

Low and behold - mail came - and there was my package !

All good. Happened just like Coyote said. Now I know. Thanks again.

6 months later
    #7 8 years ago

Bay area amusement = out of stock

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Bay area amusement = out of stock

Totally agree. They used to be my go to place to order from, but now it seems they aren't carrying much at all. I thought maybe they were slowly transitioning to Planetary, but it doesn't seem so.

#9 8 years ago

I've had nothing but issues with them and am done ordering there. Wrong parts, lack of communication, selling me things they don't actually have in stock, etc. Used to be where I would go first, but never again.

They are usually at least willing to make it right (when they can), but only after I point out issues. Not worth wasting my time with them anymore.

#10 8 years ago

I just bought a ramp from them. No issues.

#11 8 years ago

I just placed an order recently for a handful of items. They were silent for a little over a week, and finally said they couldn't find one of the items, so they would issue a refund for the missing item.

Once shipped, it arrived quickly and everything else I ordered was fine.

Up until a year ago, BAA used to have a lot of parts in stock. Now they are out of pretty much everything I've looked for

#12 8 years ago

ordered Feb 28th and came through fine.

#13 8 years ago

Ordered in March and came in fine.

#14 8 years ago

Ordered a few parts. Came quickly. No problems.

#15 8 years ago

Just bought $2500 in parts a couple of weeks ago from them. Out of the 204 items that I ordered, only 3 ended up not being in stock.

#16 8 years ago

I know a guy that ordered $8000 in parts two years ago and is still waiting.

#17 8 years ago

Well, feel free to continue to support them, obviously works for some. I won't be a customer anymore.

#18 8 years ago

Does it seem like there are fewer parts available than there used to be?
    Not just BAA, but everywhere.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Does it seem like there are fewer parts available than there used to be?
    Not just BAA, but everywhere.

They are concentrating on certain games only now, but soon you will be able to get just about anything you need for your Medieval Madness.

#20 8 years ago

You have been for years

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bay-area-amusements-recent-sales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.