Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TunaSled
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poo-1.gif
    Capturesprings.PNG
    #1 10 years ago

I have to give BAA a big thank you for the way they do biz. I bought some pop bumper caps and was unhappy with the color. It was listed as dark blue but was more of a purple (cool color, I wish it would have been what I needed). I sent them an email about the color not being blue under light and was promptly contacted by Lindsey. I told her if needed either real blue or amber caps, she sent me an assortment of colors and told me to keep the ones I liked and to send back the rest. I didn't think anyone did business like this anymore--way to go BAA!

#2 10 years ago

They are awesome at shows too. If you see them say hi.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I most certainly will!

#4 10 years ago

BAA is great.

#5 10 years ago

BAA has always done me right.

#6 10 years ago

BAA are great to deal with! Nothing but positive vibes from your Canadian friends!!

9 months later
    #7 10 years ago

I need to chime in. So I ordered an XPin display for my high speed early last week. Came in like last thursday, waited for the weekend to install it. I take it out of the box, and I'm like "wait a minute, this isn't the right display?! I know I clicked on the right one, did they screw up?". I look on the website, I feel dumb because even though it said for high speed, it also said system 11B/C (I should know better). I create a trouble ticket this past sunday, hear nothing until this morning, they admit their "slight" mistake on the website, which has been corrected, and are shipping out the right display, along with a return label to send this one back. A little slower than amazon, but still easy return policy. A+ to the bay.

#8 10 years ago

I got a NOS playfield from them. I drove to their shop and they took the time to pull out a ton of them for me to choose from. I wasn't expecting that but sure was grateful.

#9 10 years ago

I bought a Space Shuttle playfield from them. Went in person to pick it up. They brought out all the available fields and let me choose. Pointed out what they considered the benefits of each field.

I plan to pick up some more supplies when I see them at Pin-A-Go-Go

#10 10 years ago

They are awesome. Lindsay and Rick treat you right. I spend wayyyy to much money there

Marc

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I plan to pick up some more supplies when I see them at Pin-A-Go-Go

Same here. I've already started my shopping list!

#12 10 years ago

I bought a spinner for JM last week. Posted here that I ordered a new one from them and someone responded to have them try and box it instead of sending it in a bubble wrap envelope as he had got his spinner slightly bent from handling in transit. RIGHT after reading about the packaging issue by the fellow PinSider I get a email that my order has been shipped from BAA. I called and talked to a gal that said they usually send them in the bubble wrap envelope and if I had a problem just let them know about it. In the meantime I notice getting another tracking # from BAA a few minutes after the first one and it tracks but the original tracking # does not. Then a few days later I get the package in the mail - guess what - it's in a box with a handwritten note on the invoice that says "Better to be safe than sorry". Awesome way to run a business!

#13 10 years ago

+ 1 Big props to BAA, they are the best!

#14 10 years ago

Removed

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from nsmith:

on the other hand Pinball life customer service bites. I still refuse to do business with them to this day.

that's a shame, probably 9 out of 10 people you ask will say Terry is the nicest pinball seller you'll ever deal with. If you weren't sure, you could have called him and he would have happily guided you.

#16 10 years ago

Removed complaint- this is not the thread for that.

Post edited by JSmith: I guess this is all going away

#17 10 years ago

Boy this thread was so positive till the "other vendor BASHING" came in. UGHHH

#18 10 years ago

Honestly, I would change the title of your post to "Bay Area Amusements Going *Above and* Beyond..."

I thought the company was dying!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from nsmith:

So for a measly 89 cents they lost me as a customer.

For a measly 89 cents you learned a valuable lesson that you will order all kinds of stuff in this hobby that you may or may not use, but I usually just bite the bullet on something that cheap that would be more effort to return than just put it in a drawer and maybe use it later.

Terry at Pinballlife is always there to answer questions and has never given me trouble returning items that I didn't like the looks of once they arrived. We are lucky to have as many solid vendors as we do. They don't have to provide parts for our obsolete machines.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from JSmith:

Re: Pinball Life
    We didn't know we needed guidance- it was very unclear the way it was on the site- I had them pull up the site and unless you clicked on the photo to go to the 'actual part' page- there IS no indication that color=strength.
    The Photo + blurb said nothing of the sort. We used the 'add to cart' button straight from the shooter spring search... never saw the parts "actual page"- looked aesthetic only-
    Every other part imaginable had a blurb about that part and what it does or doesn't work on- it would have been very simple to fix this (both for us and on the site)... they choose not to fix this for 0.75 +shipping...
    In my opinion that's poor customer service.
    Eh- It's only pinball ...

Post edited by JSmith: clarity

Capturesprings.PNG 71 KB

One of the springs is labeled 'standard' on that page. I would then assume the rest were not standard and do some research if I couldn't afford a 75 cent mistake. Hard to find anything against PBL but I guess in pinball we can rip anybody down if we try hard enough. PM me your address and I will buy a standard spring from Terry and I will pay him to mail it to you. Solving the worlds biggest problems 75 cents at a time.

#21 10 years ago

Yeah, I suck.

Each and every inner shooter spring's page shows relative strength:

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
    Blue (266-5001-05)
    Green (266-5001-04)
    Standard (10-148-1)
    Orange (266-5001-07)
    Purple (266-5001)
    Red (10-148-2)

Click on ANY inner shooter spring's page and it is laid out for you in black and white.

Show me another site that even bothers to show the relative strength of these springs. As of this writing there is none, but I suggest they copy and paste the info from my site to their site ASAP before all hell breaks loose and they are accused of, uh, what the hell am I being accused of again? I honestly can't really figure it out. Any product bought from our site can be returned for a refund with no questions asked, so I am assuming that the accusing party was looking to get a free replacement spring sent to them through some perceived fault of ours.

I apologize and I am sorry for the intrusion on this thread.

Rick and company run a tight ship.

Terry.

#22 10 years ago

You don't suck. The people that "looked aesthetic only" and quibble over less than a buck suck.

And also don't try a little harder to resolve the problem with the vendor FIRST before bashing them here.

#23 10 years ago

Removed- back and forth - this is not the thread for that.

Post edited by JSmith: I guess this is all going away

#24 10 years ago

removed

#25 10 years ago

i've only had good experience with them.
    glad they are in biz

#26 10 years ago

removed

#27 10 years ago

If you offered to send it back then the offer was accepted. Prove me wrong. The offer to return it still stands. Send it back for a refund, no problem.
    ......and to answer your question; *standard* as in *standard*, i.e - most commonly used. That's what standard means. Our site does not say *standard color*, it says *standard*. Colors on an INNER shooter spring just for the sake of the color? You can't even see the thing when it is installed! Sheesh, use some common sense or at least click on the item to *read all about it* if you are a newbie.
    Terry.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from JSmith:

'standard' as in standard color, or not colored?
    Like to read into things don't ya guys-
    We offered to send it back -

That is the problem when people are so hung up on colored mods that they can't wrap their minds around the possibility that the color could mean something different than, oooh it's pretty. If you made that mistake putting a pretty colored spring in a snowmobile clutch you could blow your engine to pieces. (I know you couldn't care less about snowmobiles but that's my other hobby and I am sure there are many other real world examples where spring color means something.

Did you really offer to send it back? A small packet that won't go through a letter sorting machine is over $2 no matter how you slice it. The math doesn't add up.

Let's make it simple, admit you made a rookie mistake and I will buy 2 of each of those 5 springs from Terry and have him ship them to you so you can see the difference first hand and experiment with them. I am not connected to PBL in any way but have bought from him many times. The deals I got from him at MGC and when I visited his shop on two occasions would pay for this so many times over. Just admit you were wrong and are being a little silly so we can get back to talking about what a good job BAA does. (see my thread on the Congo window) Let's all be a little more positive when it comes to items under $1.

#29 10 years ago

You can see the spring on most games i believe but not on a snowmobile, i am guessing. And people care about what color something is on a snowmobile too. I don't know Terry, I've ordered from him before and will again. But I think he has the same PR man as JJP. He only further proved these peoples case that they were treated less than spectacular. Maybe there is more to this story than meets the eye.

#30 10 years ago

We can see the internal shooter springs on all our Williams...

Quoted from RustyLizard:

you made a rookie mistake

We definitely did - we didn't click any further in we saw the pretty red one and went - "oooohhh shiniy" (sabertooth voice)

Quoted from nsmith:

Like I said, it was my fault for not checking are looking further into spring strengths not theirs.

Quoted from nsmith:

Again my apology

We told the lady that the hang up was shipping there and back for some reason instead of one way or something silly the whole thing was silly and upset us then-

Quoted from JSmith:

Eh- It's only pinball ...

It's just pinball...

Post edited by JSmith: I'm LEAVING this one UP as it has all the apologies

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from nsmith:

they could have just sent me the correct coil and I would have gladly sent the other one back.

I think you have to return it first.

#32 10 years ago

I think we should count our lucky stars that we have guys like Rick and Terry in the pinball world. Both are awesome to deal with and they've done a fantastic job at creating and running a business that allows us to buy everything we could ever dream of buying for our machines and keep them running in tip top shape. They'll always take the time to answer our questions and go that extra mile for us. Thanks fellas!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I think you have to return it first.

PinRob I believe you are correct.

#34 10 years ago

Gotta love Pinside. Even positive threads eventually turn to shit!

#35 10 years ago

I removed the comment, not here to cause ill will or war with anyone. Peace out

#36 10 years ago

poo-1.gifpoo-1.gif

#37 10 years ago

Pinball Life has gone above and beyond for me in the past few weeks. Period.

#38 10 years ago

I guess there is absoluely no hope. All this because someone said something nice about someone else.

#39 10 years ago

No sir, no complaints here either.

Once ordered a dome from them and the next day they called me to let me know that while they only had one left it had a pin hole in the plastic when it was made and if I still wanted it (even email me pictures of it) - told them sure as I wasn't too concerned. Then I get another call from them the next day to let me know that they just got a new shipment in and would be sending me one of those instead. So yes, excellent customer service.

But then, I can say I have had great service from the other dealers I have bought from as well (including Pinball Life).

#40 10 years ago

I'm glad for the existence of all pinball parts retailers, including BAA and PBL. I've had great experiences with both. I'm sure I've ordered from about every online retailer in the US simply because they don't stock the exact same stuff (It would be nice if they did! ). I love when I'm putting an order together and end up with a cart at 3 retailers trying to figure out how to slice it and save on shipping.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Each and every inner shooter spring's page shows relative strength:

I just order them all, then I have my choice, and no bitching is involved.

3 weeks later
    #42 10 years ago

Hmm, I haven't looked at this in awhile...didn't take long for a positive to get turned around into a negative. Maybe I should add Pinball Life to the title--more of the thread is about them! I have also ordered parts from PBL, no problems at all. I appreciate all the small businesses that cater to our old machines--thank you!

#43 10 years ago

Thumbs up for Pinballspareparts in Austrailia, too. For hanging on to and providing some of those real hard to find items and shipping them back to us.

#44 10 years ago

Terry, you F'n RULE, in no respect is there anything wrong with the way you do business.

BAA has always treated me solidly as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bay-area-amusements-going-beyond and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.