Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

This is the most frustrating mode I have ever encountered in 40+ years of pinball, as soon as those green lights come on, I suddenly can't make the shots to save my life Then if I do manage to get to single shot to the VUK or the ramp shot to kill the witch, it seems damn near impossible to make them while keeping the second ball in play! I've come so close so many times, only managed to complete it once since it was brought into the game.

I'm sure there are other modes that others find equally frustrating, but this one just seems to have my number!!

#2 10 years ago

I think its a fun two ball mb. And the 5 or 6 ball mb as a reward for beating it is great.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

This is the most frustrating mode I have ever encountered in 40+ years of pinball, as soon as those green lights come on, I suddenly can't make the shots to save my life Then if I do manage to get to single shot to the VUK or the ramp shot to kill the witch, it seems damn near impossible to make them while keeping the second ball in play! I've come so close so many times, only managed to complete it once since it was brought into the game.
I'm sure there are other modes that others find equally frustrating, but this one just seems to have my number!!

It's actually the easiest mode to qualify for the wizard mode. Have you gotten Mega jackpot in Rescue Multiball yet?

#4 10 years ago

To me this one seems harder because it is multiball. I find modes like this much easier in single ball. Just trying to make the shots while controlling the second ball makes it a ton more difficult. And you can't cheat like you can in Rescue.

#5 10 years ago

I have found a couple of differences? maybe? In WOZ I have and others that I have played.
Is there not a 3 bank of targets or switches behind the witch?
In Witch hurry up, I can only register a center hit, with the upper right flipper.
On a few games, I could trip that switch with shots from lower flippers....

Does anyone else see this difference?.....hard for me to battle the witch on mine, easier on other games.......

#6 10 years ago

Completed it for the first time last night and got to watch the melting witch video. Probably the most satisfying pinball mode I have played. (I am sure there are many games with similar requirements to get to a wizard mode but I haven't played them ) I do have TZ, TAFG, and STTNG and although their final modes are awesome to get to, none require the type of shot completion at the end to activate the final multiball mode. Add to that the fact that you must keep both balls in play makes it very cool.
Of course the code goes much deeper and I am pretty sure I will never see SOTR with the glass on

Quoted from dgpinball:

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have found a couple of differences? maybe? In WOZ I have and others that I have played.
Is there not a 3 bank of targets or switches behind the witch?
In Witch hurry up, I can only register a center hit, with the upper right flipper.
On a few games, I could trip that switch with shots from lower flippers....
Does anyone else see this difference?.....hard for me to battle the witch on mine, easier on other games.......

I have a hard time registering hits a lot of the time. I usually try to start the witch whenever it is lit as a skill shot. For whatever reason it seems to register every time as a skill shot.

I finished the witch battle the other night. Fun stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/battle-with-the-wicked-witch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.