10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jbp8653
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hello all! I have 2 battery questions. I replaced batteries on 4 of my pins tonight and it seems that they all reset to factory settings. Lost all high game scores, ect,ect. Is that normal? I had pins on when I replaced the batteries. Also, on my BSD, it wont retain the new settings after I redid them. Turn machine off and when you turn it back on it goes back to factory settings. Does this mean something wrong with battery holder? Bad connection? there is no acid damage on the holder and it is a remote one. All the other 3 pins held the setting when I redid them. What do you all think????

#2 10 years ago

Battery power not getting to board. Could be bad battery holder, get a meter and see if power is getting to the board.

If you had pins on when replacing batteries, you shouldn't lose things. Unless there are other issues.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Battery power not getting to board. Could be bad battery holder, get a meter and see if power is getting to the board.
    If you had pins on when replacing batteries, you shouldn't lose things. Unless there are other issues.
    LTG : )

they where all on and I lost everything on all 4 of them. All high games ect, ect. I thought that was really strange.

#4 10 years ago

Weird, you shouldn't have lost the settings and high scores if you didn't power off the machine before replacing the batteries. Maybe one of the posts broke on the battery holder. That happened to mine so i soldered a remote battery holder and stuck it to the side of the head "off the board". Check the power test point on the board with the machine off to see if the batteries are sending power to the board.

#5 10 years ago

Stupid question (hopefully) but are the batteries facing the right direction?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from jbp8653:

4 of my pins...all reset to factory settings. I had pins on when I replaced the batteries.

4 different pins to fail simultaneously is kind of odd - think what would most likely cause that. If they were retaining settings prior to the battery change, and you had the power on, then the battery holders are probably fine. The batteries you are using could be bad, or installed in the wrong direction in the holder.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Stupid question (hopefully) but are the batteries facing the right direction?

Yup

#8 10 years ago

Reset all 4 pins to free play, ect, ect. Three of them are holding the settings fine. The BSD is not. I think the battery holder is bad. Going to replace that today. All 4 have remote holders. Just weird that all four of them lost the settings at the same time??????? Power was definitely on when I changed out batteries. Dang, I had some really good scores too!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/battery-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.