(Topic ID: 11833)

FS: Battery Eliminator RAM (NVRAM) for Data East / Williams System 11

By acebathound

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6264adapters.jpg
    ramadapter_6264.jpg
    nvram_side2.jpg
    pinball_nvram.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lindsey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 12 years ago

Looks like you're using standard .100" headers. You should switch to machine pin headers if you're going to be selling these. The standard .100" headers will be too big for some sockets and you will get complaints. I know because I've been selling this exact product for a couple years now and went through the same thing. If you've already got the RAMTRON parts you might as well do 6116 and 5101 too.

1 week later
    #8 12 years ago

Like I said, I have been selling this exact product for a couple years and I was the first to market with the 6264 adapters so intentional or not this is a copy of my original product. I was content to leave well enough alone here but if you're going to be selling on KLOV where I do most of my advertising I guess I might as well sell here too.

I'll beat this pricing by 20% for anyone who mentions this ad. I also have 6116 and 5101 adapters.

http://PinForge.com

#10 12 years ago

Everything I've said is accurate. If it's not then feel free to point out where it's not.

My true character? So I guess when I came up with the 6116 conversion that you used in your article that was totally for selfish reasons too right? I guess all those other conversions I shared with the community were somehow to make money? That is completely ridiculous. Go ahead and take a look at the hundreds of hours I've selflessly spent helping people on KLOV and elsewhere. Go ahead and look at my site for what are actually original ideas for PCB conversions, etc... Do you think I do that stuff and post it online for everyone to use out of selfish reasons? Give me a break. I understand that you're trying to cut me down and diminish my credibility but calling my character into question is totally uncalled for because who I am as a person and how it relates to this "hobby" has been well established for over 10 years now. I don't need a pat on the back but don't diminish my contributions because you've used them yourself.

If anything the one showing their character here is you. You knew that I was already selling this product but made no effort whatsoever to get in touch with me to tell me you were planning to sell them out of common courtesy and then I'm supposed to email you first before commenting that I already had these and I'll just adjust my pricing? There's a colloquialism we use to describe that in North America. It's called a double standard.

I don't feel like sitting on my inventory for the rest of my life so I'll continue to beat this pricing until they're gone. I have bigger fish to fry anyway. All I did was point out that I already had these, I was the first to market and I would adjust my pricing. You're the one getting all upset about it. That in itself is pretty telling. You're upset about my using the word copy but this exact product already existed before you created this version and you knew it. To me the word "copy" applies there. Call it a copy, call it whatever the hell you want. It's all semantics. Like I said, it's not a revolutionary or even original idea BUT this product is a copy of my product. How else should I describe it?

Anyway... I'm not going to go back and forth here forever. If you want to sell these then great for you. I can't stop you and wouldn't even if I could. You have as much right to sell these as I do.

#14 12 years ago

Yeah... I'm done here too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lindsey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/battery-eliminator-ram-for-data-east-williams-system-11?tu=Lindsey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.