• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

336850_311832082160566_2070626349_o.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

+1 for NVRAM solution. I use the AnyPin in my STTNG. It was the first thing I did when I setup my machine. I didn't even really play it before I put it in there since the battery acid issue made me so nervous.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

I recently read why batteries tend to leak. It's due to the fact the uneven discharging which means that the weaker battery can end up getting charged by the others (I guess depending on which one it is). This causes hydrogren to be released and breaks the seal of the battery, which causes the acid (actually a base) to leak out.

Or something like that. In any even I don't want that anywhere near my expensive and beautiful machine, no thanks. AnyPin is great! It's not the only solution out there nor is it actually all that complicated and would be possible to design one's own solution (just no real need to given what already exists).

#14 9 years ago

Now that I have an AnyPin NVRAM, I just don't see going back. I'd even rank it as my #1 best upgrade I've made (even above my LEDOCD and I adore that thing).

I will say, however, that installing it wasn't exactly easy. Even with the Hakko 808 and a proper sized tip, getting the old RAM off was sketchy. First time I ever had any issues with the 808 not being a glorious desoldering monster, in fact. So installing one isn't for those not already experienced with soldering and I wouldn't recommend attempting it without good tools. Or maybe have someone else do it.

But oh man do I love it.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator Guarantee
I guarantee unconditionally that any game using anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator will never be damaged by leaking batteries*, ever.

Haha you forgot to drop the mic after saying so.

Paying $40 for peace of mind after paying $4500 for a pinball machine was worth it for me. The only real downside for me is that I can't use the excuse "whoops I guess the batteries died" for when I want to erase the high score tables after my friend just dominates the high scores.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/battery-acid?tu=m00dawg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.