10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The-koontz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello,

I'm going to look at a BTTF tomorrow that has been a HUO since 1991-1992. Talk to the guy today and he's not sure if the batteries ever been changed. When I asked him about if they have ever been changed he said "we usually plug the machine in, we don't use batteries"! So unless someone who has cleaned it or shopped it before I'm afraid on what surprise(s) I may find. I hope not but you never know. So just in case can someone educate me on acid damage? Can it be repaired, fixed and corrected? Whats the worse case senerio? I know these machines are hard to find parts for so I want to make sure in a worse case position I won't be stuck with a very expensive and oversized paperweight.

Thanks in advance!

#6 10 years ago

Yeah I'm thinking I won't be as lucky but my fingers are crossed. The owner didn't even know there was a battery source back there to begin with. I'm almost positive they are original.

Now maybe I can luck out as stang was saying and there will be little or no corroded components and if so I can price accordingly. What's a good range depending condition if there is some damage as far as money and negotiating. Is something like that a deduction of $200 or $500? Hopefully I'll get there and it's as mint as he says but appreciate the education in case it's not!

But for me not knowing at all about this kind of stuff I just wanted to see what the effects of neglected batteries can do and if in the worse case can be repaired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The-koontz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/battery-acid-education?tu=The-koontz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.