• Latest reply 13 years ago by WoLfZ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010179.JPG
P1010175.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 13 years ago

How about a photo of what the board looks like? Repairable still?

Rottendog is going to be releasing a WPC-95 CPU board later in the year, no idea on the price of it.

Either way, lets find ya a solution and get you playing again.

-Hans

#19 13 years ago

Hmmm, I've seen worse get fixed. It all depends on that ASIC chip and socket, which look clean but the chip will still need to be pulled to inspect it.

Not sure who to really recommend for WPC corrosion repair, but I'm sure some of the other guys have a few names to drop. If it weren't for that ASIC, I'd say send it my way, but I hate experimenting on other peoples stuff and I've done very little WPC work so far.

-Hans

#27 13 years ago

That should be fine for drying it off. If you're lucky, it just needed the cleaning. But my suspicion is that some of the chips and other components may also need to be replaced.

-Hans

#31 13 years ago

I've got all mine converted over to take 2032 coin cells. You can also do a big value capacitor or non-volatile memory. There are lot of options, and I honestly cannot see ANY logical reason that Stern still uses AA's for ROM power. Alkalines are rods of death for pinball machines.

-Hans

#33 13 years ago

Yep, that's the one. There's a few types out there, details vary, but all the same basic concept in that they require no external battery.

-Hans

#35 13 years ago

Bob Roberts has a great page on the lithium conversion for coin cells.
http://arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/wmsbatt.html

You can also just buy the lithium AA batteries, no board work needed. The reason I like the coin cells is that there is no temptation to just throw cheap alkalines in there next time it needs a battery replacement.

-Hans

#42 13 years ago

The ferro-ram is one of the non-volatiles I was referring to. I don't know WPC boards enough to say if there is a drop-in replacement or not, I know there isn't one for the 5101 in earlier boards, and you need some kind of adapter.

-Hans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batteries-leaked-killed-my-cirqus-voltaire?tu=hhaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.