Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by docquest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download.jpg
140415232654.jpg
Batman66-4.jpg
image-834.jpg
image.jpg
th-372.jpeg
8yzb.jpg
image-733.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Stern loves to tease us about BATMAN !!! But how cool would that be? Either a '66 era Batman OR a Batman VE ... Would be sweet for sure!
image-733.jpg

#2 5 years ago

66 ! AND add a poll

#3 5 years ago

Really? Does anyone seriously believe they would do a Batman VE.

This VE thing is going to get played out 50 times too many on every Stern game ever made.

#4 5 years ago

A 66 themed pin would be AWESOME! Might just be the first NIB pin I ever buy....

#6 5 years ago

OMG can we stop speculating every time Stern posts some random thing?

#7 5 years ago

(POW) lol A 66 themed would be sweet

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG can we stop speculating every time Stern posts some random thing?

I'm going with no, we cannot.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going with no, we cannot.

Lol, but we give the 66 Batman the love its due. At least to me. I'm a Bat fanatic. I grew up on it after school (along with Gilligan, Samantha, the Bradys, Colonel Clink etc) and definitely credit it for my Bat love. I really love the old series, but I do need small doses these days. Hey, WITHOUT googling, how many villians can you name?

Joker
Riddler (2 different actors)
Mr Freeze (2 different actors)
Penguin
Catwoman (3 actresses)

I can name a ton more cuz I'm a dork, but anybody else remember any?

8yzb.jpg

#10 5 years ago

Good idea gang but there's one BIG problem-the license. Time/Warner owns the rights to the Batman franchise but the rights to the 66 TV show is held by 20th Century Fox; it's the reason the TV series hasn't been released on DVD

#11 5 years ago

I guessed you missed the announcement in January:

Earlier this year, it was announced that the Batman TV series, which ran from 1966 to 1968 on ABC, would be released later this year on DVD. In the initial announcement, not many details were revealed beyond that the home video release would include the entire series.

In an appearance at the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, Batman TV stars Adam West and Burt Ward revealed some additional details about the Batman TV series home video release, along with a release date for the collection.

“Finally, after an innumerable number of years, our series is going to be coming out, all 120 episodes,” said Ward. “I understand it’s right at the end of November this year in time for Christmas.”

Ward added, “I know this last week, both Adam and I at separate times, we went in and we filmed some additional bonus material for Warner Bros. that’s going to be included with the programs. And I also understand that they’ve really done a tremendous job digitally remastering our series so that it’s really going to be just absolutely gorgeous on DVD. So I think you can look forward to a very, very high class product.”

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Lol, but we give the 66 Batman the love its due. At least to me. I'm a Bat fanatic. I grew up on it after school (along with Gilligan, Samantha, the Bradys, Colonel Clink etc) and definitely credit it for my Bat love. I really love the old series, but I do need small doses these days. Hey, WITHOUT googling, how many villians can you name?
Joker
Penguin
Catwoman (3 actresses)

Clock King
King Tut
Shame
Queen of Diamonds

#13 5 years ago

And Vincent Price as Egghead!!!!

#14 5 years ago

How about the Mad Hatter and Louie the Lilac!

I am in on a 66' Batman

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Joker
Penguin
Catwoman (3 actresses)

Actually 3 actors for Freeze.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

Good idea gang but there's one BIG problem-the license. Time/Warner owns the rights to the Batman franchise but the rights to the 66 TV show is held by 20th Century Fox; it's the reason the TV series hasn't been released on DVD

That has all been worked out. WB / DC have the rights again and the DVD's are in Production.

#17 5 years ago

There can be only one!
th-372.jpeg

#18 5 years ago

Don't forget Art Carney as the Archer, Roddy McDowell as Bookworm, Milton Berle as Louis the Lilac.

As for Catwoman, the only one that matters is Julie Newmar.
image.jpg

From a couple weeks ago:

image-834.jpg

(The picture caught Julie in an awkward pose, but she is stunning at 80. I spoke to her at length afterwards and she was simply charming and very gracious, especially with a number of little girls (between 4 and 9 maybe) that came up to her dressed in Catwoman costumes)

I had all three of them sign the photo. Burt was very nice, Adam a bit of a jerk but he did have the longest lines. He did confirm he had recorded special commentary for the video set and that there was much more 66 stuff coming out this fall.

#19 5 years ago

A '66 Batman would be awesome.....

#20 5 years ago

Kim

#21 5 years ago

So where are we now?... Pony Ghostmuppets: KISSpider-TronRobotsAdamWest Vault Edition 3000 of 1966?

*YES I AM GOING TO BE MILKING THIS FOR ALL ITS WORTH*

#22 5 years ago

The Minstrel was Art Carney... Sandman, can't remember that guy's name, but he was well known. Marsha, Queen of Diamonds was sickening, and Ma Parker was another, Black Widow another... Haha, I had forgotton about Egghead and Shame... Loved how he got buried up to his head in dirt in the Shame episode cliffhanger- always remember that for some reason.. And loved that actor in 3 Days of the Condor...

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As for Catwoman, the only one that matters is Julie Newmar.

YES ... Completely agree!

#24 5 years ago

I have always been more of a Lee Meriwether cat woman fan,she was in the Batman movie and I guess it doesn't hurt she was also in an original Star Trek episode.
They already have a new Batman slot.

Batman66-4.jpg 140415232654.jpg
#25 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I have always been more of a Lee Meriwether cat woman fan,she was in the Batman movie and I guess it doesn't hurt she was also in an original Star Trek episode.

Julie Newmar was also in an original trek episode. I sometimes watch old 60's and 70's TV shows while on the treadmill and its amazing how many character actors you recognize that seem to always be in rotation on TV shows of that era.

download.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 179.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside