• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B781281-7420-4E7E-9D9F-FFC780586522 (resized).jpeg
FD0AA0D8-D406-41C7-8D02-29A1A29DF6C0 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hello all you Pinheads
Strong rumours circulating that HBO Max have acquired the rights from DC to continue the stylish & groundbreaking, Batman the animated series from the 90’s.
The series was praised for its thematic complexity, film noir aesthetics, darker tone, artistic presentation, and modernization of its title character's crime-fighting origins and was responsible for a retooled origin of Mr. Freeze shown in the Emmy-winning episode, “Heart of Ice,” as well as being responsible for the creation of Harley Quinn.

The question is, with the show set to air possibly as early as 2022, would any of you like to see this theme on a pinball machine?
Please all let me know your thoughts.

I’ve often thought the 1990’s series would make an awesome theme for pinball if done right. Fantastic stories, groundbreaking animation, iconic music and sound effects and an entire gallery of rouges to battle against.
If given the same love and attention on code that king Lyman gave BM66, I think it would be a sure fire hit and possibly one of the most aesthetically stylish pins ever made.
For those of you who have nostalgic memories of the show I urge you to rewatch them as I recently did, as good today as they were nearly 30 years ago.
And for those whom this was before/after your time, give it a try, it really is a very special show!
Hope you’re all staying safe!

8B781281-7420-4E7E-9D9F-FFC780586522 (resized).jpeg8B781281-7420-4E7E-9D9F-FFC780586522 (resized).jpegFD0AA0D8-D406-41C7-8D02-29A1A29DF6C0 (resized).jpegFD0AA0D8-D406-41C7-8D02-29A1A29DF6C0 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Batman The Brave and the Bold (animated)
Has a better mix of the characters and still good solid storytelling.
Try it out.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Batman The Brave and the Bold (animated)
Has a better mix of the characters and still good solid storytelling.
Try it out.

Thanks! I’ll check it out, although I’m not crazy about the rest of the justice league.
I much prefer it when it’s just Bats on his own.

#4 3 years ago

Dream theme for me! Best Batman (Kevin Conroy), Best Joker (Mark Hamill) and objectively the best Batmobile! Day 1 purchase. This is my Batman 66.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Hello all you Pinheads
Strong rumours circulating that HBO Max have acquired the rights from DC to continue the stylish & groundbreaking, Batman the animated series from the 90’s.
The series was praised for its thematic complexity, film noir aesthetics, darker tone, artistic presentation, and modernization of its title character's crime-fighting origins and was responsible for a retooled origin of Mr. Freeze shown in the Emmy-winning episode, “Heart of Ice,” as well as being responsible for the creation of Harley Quinn.
The question is, with the show set to air possibly as early as 2022, would any of you like to see this theme on a pinball machine?
Please all let me know your thoughts.
I’ve often thought the 1990’s series would make an awesome theme for pinball if done right. Fantastic stories, groundbreaking animation, iconic music and sound effects and an entire gallery of rouges to battle against.
If given the same love and attention on code that king Lyman gave BM66, I think it would be a sure fire hit and possibly one of the most aesthetically stylish pins ever made.
For those of you who have nostalgic memories of the show I urge you to rewatch them as I recently did, as good today as they were nearly 30 years ago.
And for those whom this was before/after your time, give it a try, it really is a very special show!
Hope you’re all staying safe!
[quoted image][quoted image]

This series was so incredible and groundbreaking that an episode of Cowboy Bebop was actually entirely animated with the help of the studio that made Batman:TAS and the whole episode is digitally shaded. It’s a legendary tribute when Japanese animators are copying your style.

#6 3 years ago

“I am vengeance” Multiball

#7 3 years ago

That is an instant buy for me. My favorite thing about that series is that it was animated with light colors on black paper vs the traditional animation process

#8 3 years ago

Haven't wacthed it since Mask of the Phantasm, but I'll be damned if that wasn't great.

"Meanwhile, back at the wrench..."

#9 3 years ago

The whole series was remastered on Blu Ray a few years ago and looks fantastic.
35 hours of high definition footage to work with, a good coder like Lyman or Johnson would have a field day.

#10 3 years ago

Batman TAS is amazing...but I think we have enough Batman pins.

#11 3 years ago

The Animated Series also has a tremendously good music in it. It would translate well to a pinball machine.

5 months later
#12 2 years ago

This would be an instant 100% pre-order. No question... The wife is already on stand-up for when/if this day comes, no bitching allowed

#13 2 years ago

I was going to complain we already have a Batman (several really), but yeah I started re-watching the series on HBO Max, and ... yes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-the-animated-series-?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.