Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

This is what I wrote on a recent thread.

Disclaimer: I am a new BDK owner, but I've played plenty of Tron.

I've got to tell you. I don't have a pin to sell you, but I can wholeheartedly recommend BDK. I just picked one up locally that is like new with few plays for $4100. It's a deep enough game with plenty do do. Some people call it a one-trick-pony because of the crane. It's such a cool "pony" that people disregard all the other cool features of this game. I like the bridge, the upper playfield, the Joker, all the different variety of major and minor modes. There are more "ponies" on this game than a lot of other favorites. Tron is a great game, but it in terms of toys, it truly is a one-trick pony. Plus, BDK speaks quality- metal ramps, die cut pieces. It's a real substantial game, for what it's worth. Heaviest game I've ever moved. I've had TZ, Tommy, NGG, and RFM in the past. I'm sure I won't keep it forever. When you have one game at a time, you eventually tire of it. But this game is awesome!

It's one of the last games before pros, premiums, and LE's became the order of the day. If it were to come out in 2012, the pro would be a premium and the Costco version would be a pro. In summary, I love it.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Have not seen this debated yet, I like both, plan to buy one soon but which one? Will be in a large collection. I could go for Ironman but there seem to be less of them around and overpriced for what you get. My two fav recent sterns are AC/DC and spiderman so what games compliments them well?

Tron has some great shots, but it has a three bank target that descends into the playfield and one major interactive toy behind it, much like Spiderman. That and the cool ramps and the upper flipper to shoot to one of the ramps makes it similar to SM in major ways.

Love for games seems to go up and down around here.

Examples: Tron-- hated at first, loved now. WH20- Hated and cheap at first, loved and expensive now. Just watch for ulterior motives when listening to comments (including mine). Owners seemingly love their games...Strange...

And sorry, but to each his/her own regarding quality of the theme. I think the BDK series of story and film blow away Tron on all counts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-tdk-vs-tron-pro?tu=flipperfingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.