Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Have not seen this debated yet, I like both, plan to buy one soon but which one? Will be in a large collection. I could go for Ironman but there seem to be less of them around and overpriced for what you get. My two fav recent sterns are AC/DC and Spiderman so what games compliments them well?

#2 11 years ago

Tron

Close thread please.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Have not seen this debated yet, I like both, plan to buy one soon but which one? Will be in a large collection. I could go for Ironman but there seem to be less of them around and overpriced for what you get. My two fav recent sterns are AC/DC and spiderman so what games compliments them well?

Because there is no debate. Tron. Again, please close this thread or the crazies will come out.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Have not seen this debated yet, I like both, plan to buy one soon but which one? Will be in a large collection. I could go for Ironman but there seem to be less of them around and overpriced for what you get. My two fav recent sterns are AC/DC and spiderman so what games compliments them well?

Depends on if you like deeper games or not. I like both, but BDK is much harder to get to the wizard mode than Tron is. There is more going on in BDK. Tron is a fun game, but not an amazing game by any means and it is pretty shallow. Tron sounds and looks better than BDK, but there just isn't that much to it depth wise. Of course, the same could be said for BDK before Lyman's code update, so if he works his magic again, who knows.

BDK = Good theme, more depth, longer ball times, good music, bad voiceovers.
Tron = Awesome theme, simple, shorter ball times, great sounds and light show (if you get the LE)

#5 11 years ago

Tron Tron and more Tron

#6 11 years ago

Which game is better Lethal Weapon 3 or Twilight Zone?

#7 11 years ago

TRON PRO AND TRON LE blow the socks off of BDK

#8 11 years ago

Sounds like you'd enjoy Tron more. I'd honestly take either one. Tron gets more love (well deserved). BDK is kind of like LOTR lite, IMO. BDK is cheaper, if that factors into the decision.

#9 11 years ago

Not much love for Batman today, I really like the moving crane, really don't like the see saw thing so...anyone have a Tron for sale in the southeast?

#10 11 years ago

BdK all the way. Crane is awesome, lot of action. Many multiballs to go for via different missions.
Really a nice pin. Go for it !

#11 11 years ago

This is what I wrote on a recent thread.

Disclaimer: I am a new BDK owner, but I've played plenty of Tron.

I've got to tell you. I don't have a pin to sell you, but I can wholeheartedly recommend BDK. I just picked one up locally that is like new with few plays for $4100. It's a deep enough game with plenty do do. Some people call it a one-trick-pony because of the crane. It's such a cool "pony" that people disregard all the other cool features of this game. I like the bridge, the upper playfield, the Joker, all the different variety of major and minor modes. There are more "ponies" on this game than a lot of other favorites. Tron is a great game, but it in terms of toys, it truly is a one-trick pony. Plus, BDK speaks quality- metal ramps, die cut pieces. It's a real substantial game, for what it's worth. Heaviest game I've ever moved. I've had TZ, Tommy, NGG, and RFM in the past. I'm sure I won't keep it forever. When you have one game at a time, you eventually tire of it. But this game is awesome!

It's one of the last games before pros, premiums, and LE's became the order of the day. If it were to come out in 2012, the pro would be a premium and the Costco version would be a pro. In summary, I love it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Tron has some great shots, but it has a three bank target that descends into the playfield and one major interactive toy behind it, much like Spiderman. That and the cool ramps and the upper flipper to shoot to one of the ramps makes it similar to SM in major ways.

Love for games seems to go up and down around here.

Examples: Tron-- hated at first, loved now. WH20- Hated and cheap at first, loved and expensive now. Just watch for ulterior motives when listening to comments (including mine). Owners seemingly love their games...Strange...

And sorry, but to each his/her own regarding quality of the theme. I think the BDK series of story and film blow away Tron on all counts.

#13 11 years ago

I am in the minority here.

To me Tron is sparse & limited. I love the theme & feel the LE looks fantastic.

But to buy a pro... Nah.

#14 11 years ago

Tron is vastly over rated and hyped by a frothy few. I like it, and lump it in with games like BDK, Potc, fgy etc. none of these games are remotely credited with being best of all time. And neither should Tron.

Be smart. Buy BDK while its in the shadow of other games and cheaper. Buy Tron next year when it will be in the shadow of other games and cheaper...and people are sick of playing a shallow game.

These games are all expensive and will all be available at some point. No one wants an expensive paperweight. Most will sell for less than they were purchased for.

#15 11 years ago

Have both, each with LEDs and all mods. Both are great, variety keeps each a permanent spot downstairs.

#16 11 years ago

Tron hands down. They are not even in the same league.

#17 11 years ago

IMO Tron's gameplay is funner than TDK and I also like Tron's art and sound package better. That said I think TDK is a fun pin in it's own right.

#18 11 years ago

Batman TDK for me.

Kim

#19 11 years ago

Tron by 1,000,000 miles. BDK is fun, but Tron's on a completely different level.

#20 11 years ago

Dispite the crappy voice call outs, I really like the gameplay of BDK. It's a solid feeling game with some great shots. Love the joker drop and lots of multiballs. Its a game that looks fantasic with led's done correctly. Mine is not going anywhere soon.

#21 11 years ago

This is not even apple to apples Tron by a very large margin.

#22 11 years ago

BDK is highly overrated; it has a following, but it's not even in the same league as tron, or any top 30 game for that matter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,028 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-tdk-vs-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.