(Topic ID: 209157)

Batman TDK Joker Reveal Not Working...Help!

By frankay39

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wolffdp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently just got a Batman (The Dark Knight) shipped to me and the game is lots of fun, especially as I am adding real movie quotes instead of those god-awful callouts!

That being said, the game is fully functional except for the Joker rotating reveal toy. Luckily, the game doesn't suffer play wise from this, but I got myself a nice replacement Joker and would like to get him installed and working, as it is a huge amount of real estate just sitting there stagnant.

I checked the optos and they all work. The problem seems to be with the motor itself. I reflowed the solder on the motor as I thought that might have cracked during shipping, but it did nothing. The motor never makes any noise, like it isn't getting power or activating in any way. The seller said Joker was fully functioning prior to shipping and has been very helpful through this process, but I need some pinsider pro advice at this point. I have plugged and unplugged all the connectors in the backbox and connected to the Joker motor as well. If anyone knows the exact connector related to the Joker motor, I can examine that one in more detail.

If anyone has any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue, let me know. This is the last thing I need to do to have the game fully shopped and operational! If pictures of anything on my particular game would be beneficial, tell me and I can add them to the thread!

1 month later
#2 6 years ago

HI,

I have the exact same problem, mine was working for the first few weeks and has now stopped. I would love to know if you found a solution for this problem?? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

4 years later
#3 1 year ago

Hello,
Sorry for reviving the thread. I have the same issue with the joker.

Trying to make it move. Have got it to move 1 step(opto placement) on occassion then stops again.

Did you ever get it sorted? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#4 1 year ago

Our reveal doesn’t work either. Found a blown driver transistor. Replaced the transistor, worked until the direction switched then blew the transistor again. They use a relay to swap the power direction going to the motor. I think mine creates a short as it’s switching, but haven’t found where yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-tdk-joker-reveal-not-workinghelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.