• 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

thinking about a Ebay Batman 1989 Pin.
Shipped total for about 2,800 2,900
I think from what I cant tell a 7 out of ten scale.
Is that a fair price?
I dint know what this one generally goes for,.
Thanks

#2 11 years ago

I'd say it's at least 1k too high, but what do I know?

-wes

#3 11 years ago

Holy moly...if you're gonna spend that much, get a good game!

DE Batman should be $1500 MAX

#4 11 years ago

Way to high for that title plus likely to have 300-500 on top of that for shipping costs.

#5 11 years ago

Dont do it... Way overpriced!

#6 11 years ago

and you really need to see this one in person...the playfields are almost always worn to hell and there are lots of potential plastic breakage spots

#7 11 years ago

CE Batman is a real turd of a game, not worth that kind of money.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from rajung:

thinking about a Ebay Batman 1989 Pin.
Shipped total for about 2,800 2,900
I think from what I cant tell a 7 out of ten scale.
Is that a fair price?
I dint know what this one generally goes for,.
Thanks

Update your profile with your location, and I'm sure someone regional will have a nicer game to offer for sale. NEVER buy Ebay as your first pin. Even the experienced guys/gals get fleeced from ebay sales time to time.

#9 11 years ago

A guy in Lorton, VA is trying to sell a DE Batman for $1400. Don't know the condition, but from the pictures it looked good. Try searching Washington, DC craigslist.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

NEVER buy Ebay as your first pin.

...or your 2nd or 3rd....or ever. lol

#11 11 years ago

If you're a Batman fan, that particular pin is usually considered the worst of the 3 Batman pins. I've owned Sega Batman Forever and it's enjoyable, though usually in need of upgraded flipper coils and LED work. I think you could probably get it cheaper than what the seller is asking for that DE Batman pin. Definitely try to buy from fellow collectors.

#12 11 years ago

$1250 tops for a DE Batman.

In my experience, eBay is one of the worst prices to get pins. Sometimes it can be the only option is there are no shows or collectors around you. But always deal with caution on eBay. Unless you can go and physically look at the pin, you never really know what you might get.

#13 11 years ago

wow, thanks guys for the info.
This would be my 3rd pin, but 1st ebay one.
Not a single good review out of them all.
Here in Iowa the pinball world is pretty lame.
I am a bat fan but mostly 99%, 1966 items-1989 movie is the limit
This version just caught my attention for the art work initially.
The play field does show wear such as flaking,the question as far as broken plastics wasn't addressed.
Thanks

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from rajung:

wow, thanks guys for the info.This would be my 3rd pin, but 1st ebay one.Not a single good review out of them all.Here in Iowa the pinball world is pretty lame.I am a bat fan but mostly 99%, 1966 items-1989 movie is the limitThis version just caught my attention for the art work initially.The play field does show wear such as flaking,the question as far as broken plastics wasn't addressed.Thanks

The artwork is very appealing to me, being based one of my favorite Batman movies. That being said, there isn't a lot of depth in the game to keep me interested. The batcave seems like it kills the flow and some of the toys on the playfield are cheesy. If you can find one to play, give it a shot; otherwise, that price is way too high for something you have not played before. Trust me, I almost bought one based on artwork alone.

#15 11 years ago

I own one of these and will confim that the price you quoted is way to high. It's a good family pin but not one for those looking for a challenge. It is by far the most played pin I have when we have friends and family over (before TFLE showed up 2 weeks ago) mainly because it's not real hard and the music is great. Not a good pin for a small collection though.

Mine is above average and has very little playfield wear, I've replaced the ramp, full LED upgrade, plays perfect, new decals and replaced all broken plastics. I even have a spare playfield for it (though not in good shape) and I wouldn't even come close to asking that much for mine. I'd let it go for $1500 as someone else mentioned but much less than that it would be a keeper for me.

Not sure if that helps or not but I would pass on that deal.

#16 11 years ago

Ok, thanks guys.
You all talked me out of it due to the fact it would be double its worth.
I do feel better not following thru with it.
If I find one in my area, which seems slim, I may decide again if in the above posted price ranges.
Now if stern did a 1966 theme Batman pin, I wouldn't care if it was the lamest one out there.Would be the perfect addition to my Bat.
Since Warner-DC and who all else is involved, they have agreed to merchandise, next year, 1966 related items, so maybe that will happen.
Finally.

#17 11 years ago

i had a chance to buy one here locally for $1000 and passed because it was rough. Even a super nice one would only fetch $1200 on a good day.

#18 11 years ago

I'll just agree with everyone else here. It's easily the third best of the three Batman games, with Forever and DK being about equal in my book - I find issues with both of them, but they both have amazingly cool things on the playfield - Forever has the sweet multiball eject ramp that goes under the flippers, and DK has the best toy in pinball - the crane.

The original Batman does have the best art package of the three I think - I do like BF's, but it is based on BF after all, so I'll knock it down and give it to the original because of that

#19 11 years ago

BF is awesome tho, because it has a great layout and awesome ruleset.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i had a chance to buy one here locally for $1000 and passed because it was rough. Even a super nice one would only fetch $1200 on a good day.

I don't know Neo, if one showed went for sale w/ a minty playfield , I can see it going north for that price. I can only imagine if a Batman NOS playfield showed up on Ebay; I bet easily that it would fetch 1 - 1.5k+

I'm picking up one this weekend (thanks Pete)! I've been looking FOREVER for one to my liking! Finally said screw it. Next one I see for sale (reasonably close, I'm snagging). BTW: It's probably coming to you Neo in the near future for resto work....

Nice to see another fan of Burton's rendition of the Batman franchise. Still is my favorite interpretation! While I do love the original.. Batman Returns is my favorite of the franchise. Screw you Data East for missing the boat!

#21 11 years ago

S-T-E-A-L-T-H C-O-A-T

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

S-T-E-A-L-T-H C-O-A-T

Best pinball marketing slogan!

#23 11 years ago

IT's so hard to find a Batman with a good playfield. I think if there was a minty one, it's such a rare item, that it might fetch even 2k. With perfect cabinet and backglass.

#24 11 years ago

i would pay 2k for a minty fresh De Batman! not joking MINTY hit me up.

#25 11 years ago

how much would you pay for a Minty Tommy? Looks HUO inside and out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, OH
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-pin-pos-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.