Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180409_193026 (resized).jpg
    20180407_163720 (resized).jpg
    20180409_191603 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Working on a data east batman Forever, had the vuk coil burn out. Replaced coil and replaced diodes, when game starts coil is stuck on. Research said to check and change transistor q43. Tested, it was off a bit, so replaced.

Still have coil on issues. Any thoughts from the experts? Thanks in advance

#2 6 years ago

If you put a new coil and diode in and transistor was bad, it may have blown new diode and now transistor is bad again.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Have you tested the pre drive transistor that are associated to that coil?It would be located on the driver board in the backbox manual would tell you the location.It's the smaller one

#4 6 years ago

What these guys said ^^^^

#5 6 years ago

So q4 is on the ppb board. Q43 is on the cpu board. Testing both doesn't get any wierd readings compared to its neighbors... if I were to replace both, (q43 again) and q4, and the coil still is stuck up, what then may be the cause? I just don't want to keep replacing tips if it's something else.... thanks in advance

20180409_191603 (resized).jpg20180409_191603 (resized).jpg

20180407_163720 (resized).jpg20180407_163720 (resized).jpg

20180409_193026 (resized).jpg20180409_193026 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

You are dealing with three things here
    1.The main transistor-the one you replaced
    2.pre-drive transistor
    3.the coil/diodes on that coil-the one you replaced,coils very seldom go bad unless its fried.
    test all of these again to make sure they have not shorted again.Exactly what LTG mention

#7 6 years ago

Thanks all. Q4 is being pulled and tested. Update soon.

#8 6 years ago

Sorry for the late update. So we're going in, new pre transistor, new main transistor, new coil, new diode attached to coil. Should we check/change anything else before power on?

Does changing the diode on the switch need to happen?

Thanks in advance.
    Steve

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from dm73:

Does changing the diode on the switch need to happen?

You can test the diode with mutimeter,Just remove the green wire in the middle of that switch.It slides right off

#10 6 years ago

Set meter to diode setting
    1.place black probe on banded side on diode
    2.place red probe on the non banded side on diode
    3.reading should be .4 through .6

4.reverse the probes on that dioide
    5.reading should be zero

#11 6 years ago

Diode was good, but will replace just to be safe. Thanks Mike, when I get back to windsor (my hometown) I owe ya

Beyond that we'll test from here. Hopefully won't blow again.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from dm73:

Diode was good, but will replace just to be safe. Thanks Mike, when I get back to windsor (my hometown) I owe ya
    Beyond that we'll test from here. Hopefully won't blow again.

Sounds good my friend...

#13 6 years ago

Coil is kicking!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from dm73:

Coil is kicking!

Alright!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-vuk-stuck-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.