Batman Forever - two balls ejected in shooting lane

By jimy_speedt

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

Another problem I face is the following: when all the balls are in the through and the ball of through 1 is ejected to the shooting lane, a second ball is ejected as well, so 2 balls will be launched. If the ball of the last through is removed, the problem no longer come up.

I replaced the eject opto boards.

Strange, if anyone could help, it would be great. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Opto problem.
If it is not the opto boards,it is the wiring.
100% ball through problem

#3 7 years ago

Bedankt pinballrockstar. It is for a pin that I sold a few months ago. The problem came up before, I replaced the boards. it was working then. Where would you see a problem in the wiring ?

#4 7 years ago

Weird mine did the exact same thing last nite but has not done it again mine also stops in the middle of the game sometimes and starts clearing balls and the batwing goes back and forth trying 2 shoot a ball out but nothing there wonder if that's normal

#5 7 years ago

Yes,the second part of your post is normal, when the game does not detect the ball via whatever switch, it considers that the ball might be stuck somewhere and it activates all coils in order to unlock the ball, hence the game.

When you say the game stops and starts clearing, is the ball stuck somewhere ? Does the game behave as if the ball had gone out and the pin is trying to locate a missing ball ? is it random or in a specific situation ? In that case a sequence from the ball(s) launch will help to better understand.

#6 7 years ago

Oh, okay makes sense it does do that when the ball is jammed but also when I drain the ball it will do it also when nothing is jammed then finally it will eject the ball gets aggravating after awhile

#7 7 years ago

Sorry, I am not an english or US native. by drain, you mean let the ball go down and leave the game ?

In that case, it means that the game does not record the ball exit and thinks the ball is still in play. As nothing moves anymore, it starts activating coils. the problem is linked to the microswitches in the through (I think there is no longer a outhole switch on these games, to be checked) which do not detect the ball that went out of the game.

#8 7 years ago

Ya sorry I meant outhole and u r correct it definitely is not recognizing sometimes that the ball is out of play so I probably need 2 check the outhole then if it does have a switch? I can do that in diagnostic mode I believe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 259.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-two-balls-ejected-in-shooting-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.