Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cjpins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Please help swapped out another board and flippers worked. Its on the cpu somewhere and I cant find it!!!!

#2 6 years ago

Deep breath. Check out the transistor that controls your flipper relay. It's Q80, a small one, to the left of the relay box. Had those go bad on me several times. Next time, try to post a little more informatively. At least let us know which board you switched out.

#3 6 years ago

Thank you I will try that and sorry it was the cpu I swapped out. Will let you know how it goes.

#4 6 years ago

Ok so I replaced Q80 with a 2N4401. I hit all the cold solder joints on the connectors and still no flippers. Swapped out friends cpu again and flippers worked so it's somewhere on my board. Help!!!!
Thanks

#5 6 years ago

Okay, can you start a game with the head open, and see if the flipper relay is working? You can usually hear a click, but a visual is best.

#6 6 years ago

Relay is not actuating. Just tried it.

#7 6 years ago

Okay. So we gotta trace backwards. Do you have a multimeter or a logic tester? We need to see if that transistor is getting a signal or not.

#8 6 years ago

yes I have one not too good with it .

#9 6 years ago

Alright. Well, you want to put the black lead on a ground, and probe with the red lead. If your meter isn't auto-ranging, and it probably isn't, you want to twist the knob so that it points at the dingle digit DC voltage setting. If you can't figure out what that is, post a picture of your meter. You're going to be touching the board while it's on, with the red probe. Anywhere you find 4+ volts is "high", anywhere you find below 1 volt is low. If it's inbetween the two, it's floating, and that's no good usually. So to start out, measure and see what voltages you have on each of the three legs of the little transistor you put in. You should do this while the game is on, having started a game. Try not to short the legs together with your probe, although in this case it's not the end of the world if you do.

#10 6 years ago

Ok its floating so I guess that means no voltage going to transistor ?

#11 6 years ago

Um, what's floating? There are three legs to the transistor. Are they all floating?

#12 6 years ago

I get nothing is what I meant

#13 6 years ago

Just checked again outside lead 1 middle 8 outside 0

#14 6 years ago

hope I'm doing the right thing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-has-no-flipper-power and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.