(Topic ID: 336447)

Batman Forever Flipper Issue

By fifftysor

11 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

Hoping one of you fine souls has a direction for me to go. On my Sega (Data East) Batman Forever, the upper flipper was initially remaining energized and not going down (electrical not mechanical). Both lower flippers respond correctly. Now the upper flipper remains down and unresponsive, but you can feel it vibrating some with the glass off and will remain energized when manually move up. I've since replaced the flipper board with a NOS flipper board as the original was a hack job and no dice. I have also replaced the coil and diode, also no dice. This issue presented itself after I replaced a transistor (Q49) for a column of switches that went out on the MPU board. All forums I've come across regarding this issue with the Deger design have been solved with replacing transistors on the flipper board or replacing the diode on the coil. I'm a fairly new rookie to electronics and any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Attached below is the link to the manual and schematics.
    https://www.ipdb.org/files/3593/Sega_1995_Batman_Forever_Manual_with_schematics_duplicate_pages_33_34_missing_pages_143_144.pdf

1 week later
    #2 11 months ago

SOLVED:

Sometimes it's not always the hard fix and the easy fixes get overlooked. My issue was a solder joint on the leaf switch touching another solder point on the switch causing a short.

#3 11 months ago

Yeah, sometimes it's the easy stuff, so I try to start there but it isn't easy! Nice work. Please remember to mark the issue/topic as resolved.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.