• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

... and all ball are in the thru. In switch test, the thru 1 square is not displayed as the ball relies on the switch, and the switch is new.

Continuity of tbe wires or switch matrix pb ?

thanks for the help

#2 7 years ago

Or the switch is out of adjustment. Does it work if you close it manually? If not, jump across the lugs with a screwdriver or something and see if the game recognizes it. Also make sure it is wired correctly including the band side of the diode being correct.

#3 7 years ago

Hi, thanks for responding. I had the problem with the former microswitch. I thought it was coming from that part and replaced it by a new, but the problem remains. For me the microswitch and connections onto it are not a problem as the pin was working fine a while ago.

#4 7 years ago

Nothing else on this one ?

#5 7 years ago

Go into switch test and see if the new switch is firing. Just because it's new doesn't mean it works. It seems like you have the problem narrowed down.

#6 7 years ago

Hi,

no it does not fire, although it looks ok when measuring continuity with the DMM. so I was thinking of another problem like wiring. I presume the test mode uses the switch matrix as well.

what do you think ?

#7 7 years ago

I'm still thinking it's the switch. Does it act the same as the other ones that are working in DMD when triggered? I'm thinking it's not registering that the ball is there

#8 7 years ago

thanks Butch, The pin is at a friend's home, it will come back soon to my little workplace, I ll check then. Have a good day

#9 7 years ago

If you tested the switch with a DMM then that is not your issue.

Have a look at the switch matrix and find the column and row wires that go to that switch. Test continuity from the column wire to another switch in the same column. Then do the same for the row wire to another switch in the same row.

1 month later
#10 7 years ago

found. a broken wire in the row line ....

#11 7 years ago

Nice....Terry is the man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-1-ball-missing-message and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.