(Topic ID: 236189)

Batman display not working. Newb Help please!!

By Montetheartman

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sound board (resized).jpg
cn1 (resized).jpg
sparky (resized).jpg
20190212_123025 (resized).jpg
20190212_123019 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider montetheartman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Got this batman data east that plays good and everything works except the display. On first glance I see really burnt connectors on the power supply board. Looks like the traces on the board are blackened and not green anymore too. Also looks like one of the fuses may be burned. I tried swapping the direction on the display ribbon cable and reconnecting the connectors on the display and Power board, but no luck. I have seen the display flash a glimmer of life, lighting a few pixels after I turned it on once, but never happened again. I've never done much repair besides soldering a loose wire and changing lights/rubbers. Never changed a fuse or measured voltages. Should I start with just buying a new power supply board or is there something simpler to check first? Thanks.

(also the thing circled in red flashes a blue spark when I turn the game off). not sure what that is or if related.

20190212_123019 (resized).jpg20190212_123019 (resized).jpg20190212_123025 (resized).jpg20190212_123025 (resized).jpgsparky (resized).jpgsparky (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Bumpity bump bump

#3 5 years ago

c'mon people

#4 5 years ago

why are people favoriting this but not commenting?

#6 5 years ago

I have been reading at pinwikki and the other batman threads don't have my exact issues. The game is also reseting randomly and the bg music cuts out sometimes. THANKS FOR YOUR REPONSE!! ha

#8 5 years ago

Thank you! I knew someone would come through. Is it better to just replace the power supply with a new xpin one? or have the original repaired? I'll have to send off as that's beyond my skill set.

#12 5 years ago

Are the new replacement boards safe or do they sometimes damage or blow other stuff out because they're made to fit several games instead of mine specifically? Definitely looks like CN1 is burned and I found a new issue on the sound board. Capacitor or something leaked and messed that up too. sheesh. Does that look fixable or just replace that board as well?

cn1 (resized).jpgcn1 (resized).jpgsound board (resized).jpgsound board (resized).jpg
2 months later
#15 4 years ago

well I sent all the boards out and had them repaired/checked. I changed the burned connectors too and still nothing on the display. So...ribbon cable or bad display i guess? Is there a way to check the ribbon cable without just buying a new one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider montetheartman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-display-not-working-newb-help-please?tu=montetheartman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.