By MrBellMan

4 years ago

Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have read a lot of reviews and have seen videos on both. Just looking for more info from people that have played both and why they prefer one over the other. And before someone asks, I have not played either, but looking to buy one of them.

Thanks,

Rob

#2 4 years ago

X-Men Pro all day long and twice on Sundays.

Great shots, great flow, and tons and tons of modes. Animations and music are top notch, and I even like the call-outs.

BDK has a great toy in the crane, but after that, it's all downhill. Worst part I can't get around is the horrible voice acting. Nobody sounds even remotely like they're supposed to except Scarecrow.

Later,
EV

#3 4 years ago

BDK has the best toy in all of pinball with the crane. I seriously hope that it gets incorporated into other games in the future. However, sadly, the rest of BDK I think is really not that great. I like fast games, and it has a surprising amount of stop and go. I actually really want to try the "lite" version of this game, as it appears to fix all of that to me and I think looks awesome.

X-Men is a surprisingly awesome game I think, it just needs to get past the code issues that people seem to still believe that it has. As it stands, it is a very solid package, and although it doesn't have a single toy as cool as the crane - to be fair, I don't think any other pinball does - it seems to be the better overall package.

If you can get a chance to try them both, do!

#4 4 years ago

I own both and both are fantastic. I would get a X-Men LE over BDK and Pro. They are at an all time low and you can pick one up for a steal. Right now on Denver CL there is one for $5500 and I am sure you can negotiate. Good Luck-can't go wrong with either one.

#5 4 years ago

Take advantage of XMEMLE price now, update with new code. Then buy BDK . I have both and they are keepers.

#6 4 years ago

Personally, I think you can't go wrong either way. BDK gets a bad rap sometimes because a lot of people haven't played it with the 2.94 software, which came out well after the machine was released and on location. It does improve the game quite a bit. To me, BDK plays like LOTR lite, and I prefer the BDK theme. I've played quite a few games on X-Men Pro and would actually love to add it to my game room. Like others have stated, there's a lot going on with shots and modes.

#7 4 years ago

I was curious about the voice overs as well. BDK is based off the movie, but X-Men from the comics so there's no real expectations... Right?

#8 4 years ago

BDK all the way !

#9 4 years ago

XMEN Pro all the way!

#10 4 years ago

Well if you pick up Dark Knight Rob we can always swap pins for a month after you've played it a decent amount. Best of both worlds.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I was curious about the voice overs as well. BDK is based off the movie, but X-Men from the comics so there's no real expectations... Right?

Correct. X-Men actually uses the voice actors from the Saturday morning cartoon, so if you're familiar with that, then the voices will be spot on.

For movie themes, I'm totally OK with sound-alikes (JM, for example has a dead-ringer for Keanu), but BDK's voices are absolutely terrible. The guy doing Alfred (Michael Caine) doesn't even try to fake an English accent.

Another issue is dots. I wasn't too picky to begin with, but I'm more and more coming over to the camp that custom animation is far superior to messy, blurry screen captures. BDK has a mix of both, but X-Men is 100% custom (and awesome).

Later,
EV

#12 4 years ago

I'd take BDK over XM

#13 4 years ago

I like XM slightly more than BDK, but XM still isn't a keeper for me. Probably selling mine (Pro) soon.

#14 4 years ago

X men

#15 4 years ago

Thanks for the info and replies everyone. Pete (The Dude Abides) was nice enough to let me play his X-Men this week and explained some of the rules and such. I'm hoping to go see one that's for sale this weekend.

Still have not played a Dark Knight, but the X-Men Pro is really a nice game with great artwork (better than the LE's IMO), decent voice overs and from what I can tell, I would only be missing the Night Crawler pop-ups. The IceMan ramp and the spinning disk is not too important to me.

I also love the fact that the game is NOT based of the movies, but the comic books... That rocks!

Rob

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Thanks for the info and replies everyone. Pete (The Dude Abides) was nice enough to let me play his X-Men this week and explained some of the rules and such. I'm hoping to go see one that's for sale this weekend.
Still have not played a Dark Knight, but the X-Men Pro is really a nice game with great artwork (better than the LE's IMO), decent voice overs and from what I can tell, I would only be missing the Night Crawler pop-ups. The IceMan ramp and the spinning disk is not too important to me.
I also love the fact that the game is NOT based of the movies, but the comic books... That rocks!
Rob

Agree 100%. I owned a wolverine; sold it because of sour code, NIGHTCRAWLER mechs klunky, iceman ramp klunky - poor implementation - obstructs upper right flipper, and the wolverine mount position.

That said, I have an xmen pro hopefully arriving next week! can't wait; I really really really enjoyed everything about xmen except the 4 things mentioned above. I think xmen pro is a game that is slipping under the radar. But, rumorville says stern is doing another run in August. Stay tuned!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd take BDK over XM

Wait til you play my pro on the new software. I have a funny feeling your gonna be surprised

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

If you get a chance to check out the LEs in person and if that is a potential consideration, do. I thought the Pro looked the best, but after having seen the LEs in person, I think the Pro is the least of the three, with Magneto actually being the best of the bunch.

Of course, you don't play the artwork and I don't think it is worth that much money unless you feel the game features are worth it, but the LE package (including lighting) for X-Men may be my second favorite looking pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,760 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside