image.jpg
romero_joker.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Purchased a Batman Forever machine and thought I would do my first ever "overhaul". LED conversion, stripped, cleaned and waxed the playfield PLUS added a few cool mods!
What do ya think??

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Looks great! I want one of these bad!

#3 11 years ago

More

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Looks great, good job! I've been meaning to put brighter LEDs in mine. I like the toys, I have a smaller car that I'm going to try and fit somewhere on the wire ramp that swings around the front of the playfield.

#5 11 years ago

Love the car

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Looks good pretty fun game. Congrats.

#7 11 years ago

Fun game, looks great with LEDs. The music and the callouts stay in my head for months!

#8 11 years ago

Looks nice. The batman forever batmobile is available from the same line too.

#9 11 years ago

Looks great! Good job, man!

So...what's next?

#10 11 years ago

Awesome!! I want one!

#11 11 years ago

I would try to find Batman Forever figures to match the game...looks like Adam West & Burt Ward got in there

#12 11 years ago

Love it! But the wrong Batmobile would drive me nuts!

#13 11 years ago

Very nice, I like that game, has a lot going on.

#14 11 years ago

Looks great. Real fun game imo

#15 11 years ago

I love my BF one of my Favorite Sega Games.

#16 11 years ago

Marvelous!

romero_joker.jpgromero_joker.jpg

#17 11 years ago

looks great,always wanted one,congrats!!!!

#18 11 years ago

Looks great. Makes me want one.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Looks great! Good job, man!
So...what's next?

Not sure ... This was a LOT of fun and I'm on the hunt for the "next" pin for sure!!

#20 11 years ago

Great looking job! Never played this game and I hope one shows up at Pinfest!

#21 11 years ago

Love my BF. GReat game.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I would try to find Batman Forever figures to match the game...

I saw the Batman Forever figures ... the colors were a little different however I liked the way these figures looked and were molded MUCH better.

1 week later
#23 10 years ago

Loving this game more and more everytime I play it!

#24 10 years ago

The thing that always bugged me was that attract mode music played no matter what while the game was powered on... not cool.

#25 10 years ago

Nice shape.Where did you find this one ?

#26 10 years ago

BF is a rocking game but the rules are indeed pretty shallow

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Nice shape.Where did you find this one ?

Found in Kansas City - great game!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

BF is a rocking game but the rules are indeed pretty shallow

Shallow compared to ...? It's certainly no TSPP or LOTR, but to me there's plenty to do and several cool nuggets buried in there if you complete modes/shot groups.

Quoted from Beez:

Found in Kansas City - great game!

Congrats! I've had two over the last two years. Don't really want to get a third machine with the large DMD. I'm hoping to replace my current BF with a Frankenstein sooner or later.

#29 10 years ago

The larger DMD on this one makes it fun to play.

#30 10 years ago

Great game. I think it is ranked right about where it deserves to be. There is a lot to do on the game but it seems to have some reliability issues from what I have heard.

#31 10 years ago

Congrats on your purchase, but now you're lobbying for it to be ranked higher without providing any sort of argument at all? I'll say no, at this point it should not be ranked higher.

#32 10 years ago

Congrats on your purchase. A new game can be fun and you can get as little bit of a crush on it.

If anything it should be ranked lower. No offense of course.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Shallow compared to ...

t2 hook sst etc. It is what it is but it does not stand out from the rest of sega games of the era. Factoid BF was the last DE some are branded as such.

#34 10 years ago

I owned BF and could not get past how shallow the modes are. It is a fun game dialed in though its just lacking something. Mine was great in that the ramp shots could be made without any issue. Just found it way to easy and though I really dug the CAVE mode I hated two face mode and that mode alone drove me to sell it.

#35 10 years ago

I wonder if this is the one I had. If it has led flashers in the back panel and a new DMD, it's the one I had two years ago.

As far as whether it should be ranked higher, the answer is no, great game for new players but the software kind of sucks after a couple hundred games. Fatal flaws are:

1) Starts on the same one or two missions every time if you select "start mission"
2) If you fail that one, on the next ball you'll have the following mission if you select "start mission"
3) the bat signals have no leeway at all. If your ball is one microsecond late or is 1/2 way up the ramp before it hits the switch, no dice
4) the bat signals don't take into account animations sometimes, so you can hit a bat signal shot, see an animation, then it moves during it so you don't get credit for it.
5) mechanically the game isn't put together well. Balls jump off rails and down outlanes a lot, the bat cannon tends to hit the crossing rail a lot, ball moves so fast it misses switches sometimes, etc.
6) only one multiball in the entire game besides the wizard mode. Very lame for a 1995 game.

Honestly, the game is fun but is let down by its poor mechanical design and software issues. If it had a software rewrite similar to the DE star wars, it could become a very good game...it just isn't there right now.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

t2 hook sst etc. It is what it is but it does not stand out from the rest of sega games of the era. Factoid BF was the last DE some are branded as such.

Can't say how it compares to Hook or SST since I don't have enough experience with them, but you must be kidding about it being shallow compared to T2.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

... great game for new players but the software kind of sucks after a couple hundred games. Fatal flaws are:
1) Starts on the same one or two missions every time if you select "start mission"
2) If you fail that one, on the next ball you'll have the following mission if you select "start mission"
3) the bat signals have no leeway at all. If your ball is one microsecond late or is 1/2 way up the ramp before it hits the switch, no dice
4) the bat signals don't take into account animations sometimes, so you can hit a bat signal shot, see an animation, then it moves during it so you don't get credit for it.
5) mechanically the game isn't put together well. Balls jump off rails and down outlanes a lot, the bat cannon tends to hit the crossing rail a lot, ball moves so fast it misses switches sometimes, etc.
6) only one multiball in the entire game besides the wizard mode. Very lame for a 1995 game.
Honestly, the game is fun but is let down by its poor mechanical design and software issues. If it had a software rewrite similar to the DE Star Wars, it could become a very good game...it just isn't there right now.

We went over this point by point on the Bash before. No sense in going there again.

To each their own, but none of the things you mentioned were issues with either of the BF's I have/had or didn't bother me.

#38 10 years ago

I think the rules are the games downfall. The layout is great. But you're not rewarded well for doing fun things on the layout. With three flippers and four ramps this should be a flow-fest. But it's not. The modes are too short. There's not much reason to combo the ramps. Only 1 multiball. No grace period on any shot as Taylor said. This game is one all new owners tend to fall in love with - including me. But once you play of a bit, its nuances outweigh its strengths. I think a software overhaul would really benefit this game.

#39 10 years ago

I think it's good where it is is now. Some might say its the best Sega, others might say Goldeneye or SST.

#40 10 years ago

I have had mine going on 2 years now. Everyone who plays it, loves it. Why? Because it is so much fun to play. Cool animations, great variety of shots, batwing is a really neat toy, Super Jackpot very challenging. The game is not just the Gotham Scenes or modes. There are batarangs, batsignal shots, circus countdown hurry ups.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from abcdelmrs:

We went over this point by point on the Bash before. No sense in going there again.
To each their own, but none of the things you mentioned were issues with either of the BF's I have/had or didn't bother me.

If you don't pick 'start mission' or if your BF is not one of the faster ones, then a lot of the issues go away. I remember I didn't have any issues with the ball flying off until I shopped the thing out, then it was kind of a disaster until it got dirtier again and the ball started slowing down. The software even knows there are mechanical flaws, the outlane kicker is programmed to save the ball when it flies off the ramp (due to it happening so often).

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Honestly, the game is fun but is let down by its poor mechanical design and software issues. If it had a software rewrite similar to the DE Star Wars, it could become a very good game...it just isn't there right now.

I haven't seen many of your mechanical design issues... maybe a particular BF had some unruly drains and such, but I see that in all games. Shots are tough, and the modes don't give much time for flailing so it keeps things challenging. I do agree, if the rules were tweaked it would cause the game to take a big jump in the rankings.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I haven't seen many of your mechanical design issues... maybe a particular BF had some unruly drains and such, but I see that in all games. Shots are tough, and the modes don't give much time for flailing so it keeps things challenging. I do agree, if the rules were tweaked it would cause the game to take a big jump in the rankings.

It's documented over on rgp, it's a known issue on BF. If it was just one machine, they wouldn't have software protection for balls jumping off into the left outlane (and I think even right outlane through ball save). It's mainly when the machine is clean, if your game is dirty then the problem happens less and less till not at all. Hence why some people don't see it.

#44 10 years ago

I rarely have it not make the bottom loop, but I know why some do. Over time, the ball landing on the batcave launch, will chip away some of the powder coating. Not allowing the ball to roll back against the plunger. Hence you won't get a solid hit when it sends down the loop into play. I put a couple drops of clearcoat on the chips. Never had a ball fail yet. But I do get the problems with the ball getting knocked off the return left lane into the outlane. Making a clear plastic protector to keep the ball in it's lane.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I wonder if this is the one I had. If it has led flashers in the back panel and a new DMD, it's the one I had two years ago.

Not yours, just added all LED's.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Not yours, just added all LED's.

Mine didn't had LEDs, just led flashers.

#47 10 years ago

If the sound package was tweaked I would own one.
I was sooooo close but then watched a long youtube and backed off.
BTW great looking machine.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

As far as whether it should be ranked higher, the answer is no, great game for new players but the software kind of sucks after a couple hundred games. Fatal flaws are:

Nailed it. I own one and enjoy it quite a bit, but I also have had it on loan for a route for over a year now and don't miss it too much. I want it back when I get more space, but when space is tight the exact things you mentioned about the rules drive me batty.

If you don't play looking for the rules and more just play for the cool stuff the balls do in a game, it's absolutely outstanding. One of the best kinetics to a game out there. The software needed tweaking. One thing though if anyone is doing it, I disagree about it always starting with the same two modes, I'm okay with that, as if you pick "start mode" it would suck to start randomly on "Extra Ball." Beyond that though... nailed it.

Oh, and yeah - the sound is annoying. "I just saved your life, you owe me!"

6 months later
#49 10 years ago

The back panel is nearly invisible.
I added on a strip of 5050 bright white LED's.

Stock:
image.jpgimage.jpg

With LED's:
image-841.jpgimage-841.jpgimage-85.jpgimage-85.jpg

#50 10 years ago

nice mod for the strip to highlight the back panel. great game and great fiqures you put in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-cool-stuff-great-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.