Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Wakky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

983d343983fe2682409091e639ce84c08fbb72edff7917dc0c62c3b401b0d8ad_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_20160324-174858_(resized).png
arkham_(resized).jpg
2013-11-30_055_(resized).png
1960s-Batman-Bomb-Run_(resized).jpg
batman208_(resized).jpg
batman_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_20160324-113804_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
images_(11)_(resized).jpg
maxresdefault_(resized).jpg
batman_noite_800_(resized).jpg
Batman-AnimatedCartoon-psd40850_(resized).png
BatmanTheAnimatedSeries7_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I've seen a number of posts (many in the Tron vs LOTR VE thread) which make mention of work being done on BDK. Overall, I like BDK and am curious if anyone knows what is being worked on specifically.

With a couple of new pins pending arrival I may have to sell something and I would hate to sell my BDK right when a new code falls.

Thanks,

Darin

#2 3 years ago

Probably just wishful thinking. It's not a title that's in real high demand, unlike Spider-man, which was originally produced around the same time.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I've seen a number of posts (many in the Tron vs LOTR VE thread) which make mention of work being done on BDK. Overall, I like BDK and am curious if anyone knows what is being worked on specifically.
With a couple of new pins pending arrival I may have to sell something and I would hate to sell my BDK right when a new code falls.
Thanks,
Darin

I've heard it was going to be the next VE from a couple of reliable sources. An odd choice in my opinion but with new art and dots it might do good.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've heard it was going to be the next VE from a couple of reliable sources. An odd choice in my opinion but with new art and dots it might do good.

Would make sense if they can reskin it the way they did with Spider-Man, avoid the movie licensing costs and make it more "timeless" with a comic book art package.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would make sense if they can reskin it the way they did with Spider-Man, avoid the movie licensing costs and make it more "timeless" with a comic book art package.

Cue the massive threads complaining aboot what era batman art to use!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Probably just wishful thinking. It's not a title that's in real high demand, unlike Spider-man, which was originally produced around the same time.

It could become that way with a re-theme. Think Batman '66 or Batman: The animated series.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Think Batman '66 or Batman: The animated series.

That sounds fine and all, but what about a Clooney/Affleck mashup?

#8 3 years ago

I'm not so much concerned or care one way or the other if they do a VE. I'm mainly wondering about code. For some reason that pin is one I struggle to make any sort of decent score on even after watching the Bowen tutorial. I basically never go for the people inserts and mainly try to get through the Batmobile, Joker, and Scarecrow modes to start the Bat Signal Challenge which I inevitably suck on. I'm just curious to know what code changes are allegedly being worked on.

#9 3 years ago

I'm not so much concerned or care one way or the other if they do a VE. I'm mainly wondering about code. For some reason that pin is one I struggle to make any sort of decent score on even after watching the Bowen tutorial. I basically never go for the people inserts and mainly try to get through the Batmobile, Joker, and Scarecrow modes to start the Bat Signal Challenge which I inevitably suck on. I'm just curious to know what code changes are allegedly being worked on.

The VE is what was being discussed with regards to the code. I highly doubt there will be any code update for the old BDK.

Quoted from fosaisu:

That SMVE is not timeless to me. It's just my opinion as a comics fan but I would rather have the movie version. If they do a BDKVE, then I hope they will do like did with GB and use an artist to make the machine look awesome.

#10 3 years ago

Well there was a CSI code update.....and that was released only for people running tournaments. Fixed only a glitch for tourny play :/

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That SMVE is not timeless to me. It's just my opinion as a comics fan but I would rather have the movie version. If they do a BDKVE, then I hope they will do like did with GB and use an artist to make the machine look awesome.

I haven't read Batman recently but I'm hoping his current art package isn't as anime/anorexia tinged as Spider-Man's evidently is. And that they leave the speech bubbles off of the backglass.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I haven't read Batman recently but I'm hoping his current art package isn't as anime/anorexia tinged as Spider-Man's evidently is. And that they leave the speech bubbles off of the backglass.

Yeah, either of these would be cool:

BatmanTheAnimatedSeries7_(resized).jpg

Batman-AnimatedCartoon-psd40850_(resized).png

#13 3 years ago

These... not so much:

batman_noite_800_(resized).jpg

maxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#14 3 years ago

Batman: Hush... nuff said and my money is in hand.
Come on Jim Lee (Co-Publisher of DC Comics)!images_(11)_(resized).jpg

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Greg Capullo is just finishing up a good run on Batman. I remember him long ago on X-Force and Spawn. He's a pretty good artist.

pasted_image_(resized).png

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Batman: Hush... nuff said and my money is in hand.
Come on Jim Lee (Co-Publisher of DC Comics)!images_(11)_(resized).jpg

Jim Lee would be AMAZING. Hush was off the charts. In my opinion, Brian Bolland draws the definitive Joker, but for a pin, it's gotta be Jim Lee all the way home. It would be one of the best art packages of any pin ever hands down, but have him design the whole thing. Don't just cut and paste his previous art and you will have a sight to behold!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Hope you are right, this would be cool (and would seem to come totally out of left field...)!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Jim Lee would be AMAZING

Agree and we know he did the Wolverine LE backglass. Bring it STERN.

#19 3 years ago

A total retheme (ie not Batman) would make more sense than a comic book/60s TV show incarnation...try a theme that actually involves a crane.

#20 3 years ago

Maybe BDK will be completely re-themed into BATMAN v SUPERMAN since the movie is out? Spider-Man VE was a partially re-themed VE with new dots, callouts, art to reflect the current Spidey, so maybe BDK will get the same treatment.

Might be a bit late for the movie though.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

A total retheme (ie not Batman) would make more sense than a comic book/60s TV show incarnation...try a theme that actually involves a crane.

You mean like Dr. Crane?

#22 3 years ago

If they retheme BDK, how would they re-incorporate the rotating crane/ball toy? Also, they'd need to better utilize the ugly Joker pistachio can into something that doesn't look so much like a pistachio can.

#23 3 years ago

I thought the rumor stated on here was that it would be based on the 60's TV show with Adam West doing the callouts. I wouldn't get my hopes up for any comic book art given how SMVE ended up.

#24 3 years ago

I'm not so much concerned or care one way or the other if they do a VE. I'm mainly wondering about code.

if BDKve is next then dont expect the ve code to work on the original BDK.

I am under the impression the new SMve code will not work on SM?

#25 3 years ago

Well if this rumor is true. I would think it is '66 batman since the licence is available finally. And it is one of the most iconic of them, that everyone knows or has seen. And it is the 50 year anniversary this year as well.

It has humor great characters, colors etc. It would fit a Pinball machine perfect art and callout wise.

Screenshot_20160324-113804_(resized).png
batman_(resized).jpg

#26 3 years ago

The only oddity I can think of is....the Batman 66 show never had Scarecrow. That makes the crane toy stick out.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Well if this rumor is true. I would think it is '66 batman since the licence is available finally. And it is one of the most iconic of them, that everyone knows or has seen. And it is the 40 year anniversary this year as well.
It has humor great characters, colors etc. It would fit a Pinball machine perfect art and callout wise.

Actually it's 50 years.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The only oddity I can think of is....the Batman 66 show never had Scarecrow. That makes the crane toy stick out.

Not if they coded it to be a bomb on a stick. Because "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."

batman208_(resized).jpg

1960s-Batman-Bomb-Run_(resized).jpg

2013-11-30_055_(resized).png

#29 3 years ago

Frank Miller!

-c

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Frank Miller!
-c

Whilst DKR is tops for me, the art work is not that great. Arkham Asylum art would be tits

arkham_(resized).jpg

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whilst DKR is tops for me, the art work is not that great. Arkham Asylum art would be tits

arkham_(resized).jpg

Funny, I was just reading the Wikipedia entry for Arkham Asylum. Didn't realize that Grant Morrison hated McKean's art!

#32 3 years ago

+1 for Arkham Asylum !

#33 3 years ago

Well let's see.... Spiderman vault with comic art. And 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters II and Stern made a GB pin. 50th anniversary of batman 66 makes sense to me + it would make an awesome Vault edition of BTDK.

I so hope this is going to happen. And with a color DMD. Take my money Stern. Please!!!!

Screenshot_20160324-174858_(resized).png

#34 3 years ago

I could easily see being interested in buying a BDK retheme if they make it look great. I.e., more like GB and less like SMVE.

This is one pin where I think Lyman didn't quite live up to his reputation in terms of doing a great ruleset. To hear that he is working on an update for the VE version is great news, as that's the other thing that it would take for me to take the plunge.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

To hear that he is working on an update for the VE version is great news

Hey whoa. Has any of this been confirmed? (Not trying to be argumentative but did I miss something?)

#36 3 years ago

It's rumors....but these are what people would describe as rumors based on "well placed sources." Certainly nothing official. Kind of like GB for many months prior to the official announcement from Stern (though we don't have actual leaked pictures re BDK VE).

#37 3 years ago

its true I spoke to GARY about the code when he was in NZ.... Back to the future is also coming out early next year

983d343983fe2682409091e639ce84c08fbb72edff7917dc0c62c3b401b0d8ad_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Spring , TX
$ 179.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside