Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pdman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am going to check out a DE Batman and Rollergames tomorrow. Is there anything I should look for that might not be immediately noticeable? I read up on Rollergames.. and while the art stink the gameplay looks decent. I know there is a magnet for The Wall shot that I should make sure is functioning.
Anything else on either? I am not use concerned about wear as I am more interested in getting my first machine, but I would like it to funciton properly. Any useful advice will grant free plays on my machine if he/she comes to visit.

#2 11 years ago

Batman DE was my first machine. The business claimed to me that the door in front of the museum was optional and OPS took them out. When I got the machine in mine was missing. I required it to be there and wound up working a deal up.

Batman has a lot of playfield wear and is not deep at all. I enjoy it though and is a real family fun pin as the novice pinballers enjoy it. Great sound too. Things I'd say to look at:
- make sure the batmobile is there at the shooter ramp. I don't think you cna get them and I've see some missing.
- The joker ramp can be replaced but nobody makes the decals for it so make sure it's nice.
- The main ramp can be replaced but again nobody makes decals for it. I replaced my ramp and was able to take high quality scans of the decals to be reproduced if I messed one up. Lucky for me I was able to move all decals without messing any up
- Check that the cave is not broken or cracked. I'm not aware of a replacement out there.
- the mtor for the museum door is hard to find. You can use the same one out of POTO but again is harder to find. they are out there though
- The joker stand up targets are not reproduced (from what I have seen) so if they are broken keep looking
- Plastics can be had but pricey
- MAKE SURE THE DMD IS GOOD. These are rare and VERY expensive

These are the things I'd make sure of if I was looking for another one.

#3 11 years ago

I think pinside mail is down as I can't get this reply to your PM so trying here. This will also allow other to dispute my oppinion if they disagree.

LED's you say.. hehehe. I changed the whole color scheme. Check out my post here - http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-de-and-bop-leded Only real MOD I did outside of lights were the black flipper bats and the purple rubber. I wanted it night themed as after all it is Batman.

Gameplay - It's pretty easy. The music keeps me coming back though. My wife loves it though. You are right, it's mainly 3 shots with the 4th being the VUK that changes the reward for a ramp shot. I bought it at the same time as my Bride of Pinbot so they complement themselves well. If you like Batman you will probably like the pin but it's not going to challenge you by any means. If I want to sit back and see how high I can rack a score up I'll play it. if I want a challenge I'll see how long it takes me to get to metamorphosis on BOP. At $900 I would not think twice about getting it. I would not, however, pay the 2 grand plus though that i paid for mine ($1850 plus shipping). The funny thing is that when i have people over they will wait to play Batman while BOP is still in attract mode collecting dust. It's a great pin for party's and friends that are non-pinheads. A party with pin-heads, they will probably poke fun at you. We are building a kid fun game room so BOP would go before Batman so under those terms both are staying at my house for a while

Keep in mind I'm in the minority on this forum with Batman. Most here think it stinks. A couple of us like it though. If you are looking for a challenging pin you need to keep looking. If you want something affordable that you can still have fun with but not get a bunch of modes and tough shots then you'll be happy.

#4 11 years ago

Rollergames is fun! Look for PF wear at the magnet and orbits. The entrance to the wall ramp is often cracked, and Cliffy makes a protector for it. Make sure the Pit upkicker triggers the magnet as it should. Make sure the two-stage kickback works properly. Also, a full plunge should send the ball clear up the wall. Make sure that is aligned properly.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. I took the plunge and bought the Rollergames (and the Batman will be purchased in August). There is some wear around the orbit, Pit, and magnet. The ramp is cracked but not too badly. I will have to look into the Cliffy for that. Otherwise the playfield is in pretty good shape and everything else to be work.
I just need to align it properly for the ramp shot (that sucker is steep). It came with lightning flippers on it so I will have to look into change those since the game is already hard enough. Plus I am pretty sure the slope at last at 6.5 or more. I cannot figure out how to lower it though. None of my wrenches fit around the bolt.. it is a 6 sided on and my 1/2 wrench is too big and my 7/16 is too small.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

None of my wrenches fit around the bolt.. it is a 6 sided on and my 1/2 wrench is too big and my 7/16 is too small.

then you need a metric sized wrench

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-and-rollergames-anything-i-should-look-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.