IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

sneak peak makes it appear pretty dull. Whole right side feels rehash. Whole left side feels pretty meh. I had hopes for the spinning thing but it does not look fun to hit and you can tell that is where the whole BOM went on this one.

I will of course wait to pass judgement till I actually play the game (assuming I will see one at a show at some point, but not going to even go seek it out)

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's absolutely true. 2016 represented a turn in enthusiast perception of Stern from "the guys we support to keep pinball alive" to "the company that crossed the line into arrogance and pure greed". From the GB insert issues, to the growing list of unfinished code, to their Expo party that was about them and not the fans, to shunning Martin from Pinball News and others for criticizing the company, to asking customers to beg for their massively overpriced retheme....this is the year they sought to take advantage of their supporters, it was transparent, and many of their usual supporters have tapped out. I know so many collectors who pretty much buy every new game ...and almost all of them have said "I'm done".

perfectly said and happy to see it here finally. I wondered when some of them were going to wake up and happy that they are. I only see good things as more people continue to wake up.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You haven't seen proof of it, and that's the *only* thing that matters.

Quoted from RobT:

I completely agree with Greg about knowing a lot of people who normally buy NIB pins saying that they are "done" and they appear to be more resolute in their declaration of no more NIB this time around.

all the 'proof' I need...

When all the guys I know are saying NO and appear to mean it, then that is pretty good for me. It is also pretty obvious to see how the tide has tunred on pinside. I agree that the real test is when they put out something amazing, but it 'appears' things have shifted. It also seems liek this is a hard one to rectify for Stern as missing/messed up code, defective games losing value, and over priced junk quality is on the forefront of the communal mind.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

So far it looks like a dud but I'll give Lyman the benefit of the doubt that it will turn out great once complete.

great code can only do so much. From waht we see currently, this appears to be boring to shoot. It is like they rehashed BMDK and just went for more flow but that inturn ended up with a game that has less character.

I agree that TWD was super boring from the start but it has a unique layout and feel to it so great code had a foundation to work with. Looking forward to Jack's stream on Friday, but as of now there is not much to work with.

One thing is for sure, if this is the depth of code currently... no wonder they could not let people flip it in Oct. Seems pretty obvious to me that this whole thing was whipped together last minute and they have been rushing to slap it together.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Looks like Gomez did a god job on the layout and it will not be like ghostbusters where you have to have a doz n different fixes and adjustments to get the game to play right, because of fatal flaws in the geometry of the game

??? The geomerty of GB is fantastic. Possibly one of the best 2 flipper Stern games ever! The only real design flaw is the right ramp and with a little adjustment and practice it is not a deal breaker. The other shots, forced passive passing, great post passing, and really nice foundational ruleset that perfectlt matches the design... GB is so far from what you describe.

You either have only played poorly setup examples or need to work on your flipper skillz. GB is tough but it is a players game.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have played and set up several ghostbusters and others can attest to the flaws and all the airball fixes that are needed for the game to play right, but hey to each his own. I think there is even a huge thread on here with ghostbusters issues

yeah, I know about all the ghosting insert issues, but for geometry I only did a few things to make ours play really well.

#1 was ound up the outlane guides so they are slightly taller = no more/ few ball hops over them
#2 was adjust the right ramp entrance so a smoother shot
#3 was adjust the drop target springs to be a bit snappier.

I honestly cant come up with any geometry flaws on the game. Every shot on the game is well laid out, has really nice feeds, and pushes you to be a better player. JAFL, but John did a really great job on the geometry of the game and espescially the feeds which give choices for passive or active catching and control. Code then challenges you to know your shots and make the right choices.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you say these things which are not true?
Lies make baby Jesus cry.
Ghostbusters plays like it was designed by a mental patient on a bender with a crooked compass and everybody knows it. Has it's charms but "competent geometry" ain't one of em.

really surprised to hear you say that Levi. GB is a thing of beauty in the geometry department. Every shot feels super smooth and just right (aside from the right ramp, but with tunig in that is even fun to hit).

What dont you like about it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.