IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#394 7 years ago

The new screen sure does makes the red dots look so dated already. Going to be great seeing how future games make use of it.

Have to say though if this game had a red dmd, so far it would be very underwhelming.

Yes, it is early code etc but there isn't anything 'yet' to get excited about.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

The other thing to remember with Lyman is that he is one of the best pinball players in the world. He is almost certainly the best player working at stern. It really helps when designing rules to be a good player and understand risk reward, what is fun, what is too hard. You could see it in the stream when he commented that Joker mode is too hard right now. It will likely change.
I don't buy into the Lyman can do no wrong argument. He has worked on games where I think the rules are the failing. Heck, even AC/DC which is great, is a failure in balance.
I am really excited about BM66, but super disappointed with the state of polish right now. Below the glass looks like a great game. Audio / video I guess needs to wait until rules are finalized.

Lyman is hands down Stern's most valuable employee by a country mile!! I hope they give him a good raise this year

#984 7 years ago

Strange really as I have heard all the arguments regarding dimpling even out over time.

I remember my 2003 LOTR that had a few 100 plays on it.

Just no dimples. Well, nothing noticeable anyway.

Suspect wood has too much moisture in it maybe in these latest games.

#1036 7 years ago

Wood gets harder with age. The moisture evaporates in the wood, creating the wood to become more dense. The denser the wood molecules, the harder the wood becomes.

So, whilst not ideal, the longer it is left to 'dry' the better it would seem.

But, who can wait when they have a new game to play

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alrghty, I got some pics of the TWD LE on route I was talking about earlier in the thread - now, if anyone tells me these are going to smooth out over time ...ain't gonna happen!

Holy dimpling Robin!

There sure is a difference in some of these games.

Here is my TWD - built around August 2015.

Can't even see a dimple and no, they haven't all evened out before anyone asks.....

IMG_0720 (resized).JPGIMG_0720 (resized).JPG

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Jesus shooter lane chipping in 2 weeks?? Man they have NOT figured out their PF issues and it's -buyer beware- time.
My 19 year old MM doesn't show anything like that and it's never had a protector or mylar in the shooter lane. Doesn't help that a lot of Stern's SLAM the ball into the lane with absolutely more force than needed. It's like they have their highest powered coil being used to feed the shooter lane. Not sure why they think this is necessary ...??
And is that the same magnet we saw before with the deep pitting? I don't understand that either.

That is weird. Why on earth are these magnets pitting?

Only explanation is that they are being made with a softer alloy but that would be crazy???

#1413 7 years ago

The thing is that prices are the highest they have ever been, with price increases way above inflation.

And QC is the worst it has been.

So, right now it's simple for me, I just can't justify the thrill of a NIB game.

Back to the 90's for me!

#1416 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive been that way for over a year now and have been playing more pinball than ever....love me some b/w

Yes, just picked up my second AFM - don't think anything could top it really. And doubt AFMR will play as good as a sweet original.

Back to Batman

Screen is best thing on the game for sure.

3 weeks later
#1808 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I understand now. When in Rome....
B66 is freakin awesome. By far the best looking, sounding, and theme integrated game I own. It craps all over boring, shallow, clunky and overrated 90's Bally/Williams games. Makes WOZ and Hobbit seem like floaty widebody snoozefests. Spooky games are just cheap. TWD has the worst art and sound package of any game Stern has recently released, and I spent more time tweaking it out of the out of the box than the entire time it took to make the game. And dont get me started about GOT - I literally cant believe anyone got sucked into buying that baron, boring and ugly excuse for game. I own and have owned all these games, so I know.
I cant believe all you losers who missed out on buying the LE. Got no one but yourself to blame. Maybe you cant afford one - if so, get a better job.

At the moment TWD walks all over Batman 66. Why? Because the code is genius.

Batman is ok but nothing special.

As ever it is down to Lyman. If he codes it as well as he did TWD then I will add it to my want list.

But Stern don't seem to be letting their programmers have as much time on code this last year or so, so I will wait until the code is done and released!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.