IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#525 7 years ago

Was that the part where the game broke every single game?

rd

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Well I think you should make your own Pinball machine then and have people become an armchair warrior. It's a prototype! It has flaws!

Ummmmmm ... they are producing them and people have them in their houses.

Cheerleading practice is in the Quad in 10 minutes.

rd

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I know I'm in the minority, but I really liked the last update to KISS

It's cool. Definitely a fun and challenging game to play.

The code issue has been a little overblown here on Pinside. Sure it needs its final polish up but if you listen to some people here, you'd think no lights work and the display is blank.

rd

#951 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

The dimpling on my GB Prem doesn't bother me but while the new Stern playfields are beautiful don't they look to be made of a different, softer material.

It's called "wood"

Quoted from Cserold:

the clear coat itself may be forming the dimples???

No.

How does a layer of paint dent wood?

Quoted from Cserold:

Again, the recent GB and BM66 playfields have something unique about their look for sure

Don't look any different to any playfield I have seen.

Quoted from Cserold:

Exactly. Makes me think it's the clear being dimpled. That magnet is coated, right?

No.

rd

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thought the same thing, how did that magnet get like that?

Soft metal.

Same as how the old cores used to mushroom out. Metal is too soft.

RD always recommends "heavy metal".

rd

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I do not have an RZ. It's a piece of shit. The location near me has one. Playing it once was enough

I'm sure one game was enough to form an opinion on.

RZ is a great game. It mixes 1980s Black Hole SS type gameplay with 2016 modes.

If you don't like getting your ass handed to you, RZ may not be your type of game. I can fully understand that. Its not for everyone.

However, if you want a pin with a pumping metal soundtrack, a killer sound system, gameplay outside the usual cookie cutter fare we have these days, and modes with some originality and that reward good, controlled play, RZ is great.

rd

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus, it's just like with Ghostbusters - if I don't like a game, it must be because I'm not good enough. That has nothing to do with it. I found RZ to be dull, ugly, and just plain not fun. Early 80's style games generally don't hold my interest, but if I'm going to play one, I'll play a real one. I hate the display's chunky Atari 2600 graphics that make Stern's red DMDs look superior - and for whatever reason, the sound on the Ayce game was extremely muffled, so I didn't even get to enjoy nice sounding music. Glad you enjoy the game, but RZ is not for me.

That's what I said ... not for everyone. But you can't make an assessment on one game, which is what you'd said you'd played ...

Everyone here seems to love it. I have no idea how the one at Ayce Gogi is set up, maybe it's just a clanger! Dunno! I know someone else who played it and hated it, so maybe it is. The audio amp has adjustments for each frequency so maybe they adjusted that wrong.

Your assessment on GB was in line with mine, although we both played a lot more than one game to find that out.

I have a GB pro in my house at the moment and am warming to it, now I am learning the code. However the base flaws still remain, nothing you can do about them now.

Anyways, back to the Caped Crusader!

rd

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Next time I go, I'll play it some more just for you.

Good on you champ!

When my RZ arrived, it was f**king out of control! Fast as hell, balls flying everywhere, almost unplayable ... after a few weeks it calmed down a little (or I got used to it, or probably a combination of both ...) and it's pretty awesome when you can harness it.

Get to Hellbound!

rd

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Stern gave it to him as a loaner to get some good press on it!

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

That's a brave move by Stern

I am man enough to take on my demons head on.

Thought I better learn how to play the f****n thing before I meet one in a big competiton.

Seem to have got the gist of it ...

rd

IMG_4106 (resized).JPGIMG_4106 (resized).JPG

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

30 + year old wood is hard.

rd

#1471 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My plan is to play it until all dimples are in place and then send the playfield out and have it properly clear coated by an expert

Can't see how putting some more clear would fix the moon craters on those playfields ...

It'd be like putting new paint on your car after you've hit a lamp post.

rd

#1473 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Show us pics of your non dimpling PF's RD. How do you do it!

They all dimple to some extent. Nature of the beast.

Today's games are so fast, and magnets are flinging balls everywhere at 90 miles an hour, shits gonna happen!

I can't say I have ever seen one that looks like the one pictured after 100 games though. You'd need the lunar buggy to drive around that playfield!

As for the magnets dimpling like that ... ooooffffffff! Somebody stuffed up the alloy mixture somewhere back in the supply chain.

rd

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I remember all those SM magnets mushrooming on the playfield

I do too ... but that was after 1000s of plays, not one week ...

rd

3 weeks later
#1844 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I told him he could have it for free and he told me he didn't have any room for more junk

I'll take it off your hands ... and I'll even pay you to drop it off at my freight depot in gardena!

Kiwi Pinheads thank you in advance for your generosity!

rd

1 week later
#2062 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you rate a pin 4.7 never having even played the F ing pin? Much less any rating
I can't stand BS dishonest ratings

That's the same as Roger Ebert (RIP) writing a movie review for a movie he never saw... but he saw the poster in the theatre.

Or Rolling Stone writing an album review by looking at the pictures of the recording artists on the internet.

Non sensical.

rd

#2064 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You guys probably don't really want me playing the game before I rate it, because it's likely to bring my previous rating down even more. Keep up the down vote brigade and I'll buy something like Batman66sucks.com and really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else. To pretend this game wasn't one of Stern's biggest disasters out of the gate is just ridiculous, but I understand it must not be too comforting to be one of the suckers who bought into the hype.

From what I've seen, I concur with you ... but I wouldn't publically rate one unless I had spent considerable time playing one first.

rd

#2068 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

At least I didn't just give it the standard 1.0 rating that the real haters give.

True .. that's the ultimate douche move.

rd

#2074 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

SOME people. There is NO way this holds water as a generalisation. Well, maybe most people, lol, so yeah, profiling can save some time

I would say MOST people. When people have invested time/money in a purchase, whatever it is, they don't want to appear foolish in their decision making.

Even if they do get it, and realise they don't like it, they'll put on a brave face and try to learn to love it.

It's just human nature.

Personally, if I do buy something (generally a used pin, not a new one) I can usually tell in a day if I like it or not. If it doesn't gell (like a Truckstop I got a few months back) out the door it goes.

rd

#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So everyone got all worked up and upset about my rating for nothing then. FYI, the thread isn't named "Batman 66 - What's your Impression - positive feedback only please."

I think the thread has been far from that ...

However if you've read most of the reviews they do start with "got some time on this game tonight, ...." rather than "haven't played it at all ....".

rd

#2094 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

But now you have a gap in your System11 collection

TruckStop isn't a Sys11.

I still got all thirty of those suckers.

Yes, even the boat anchor that is Millionaire.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 49.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.