IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1814 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I understand now. When in Rome....
B66 is freakin awesome. By far the best looking, sounding, and theme integrated game I own. It craps all over boring, shallow, clunky and overrated 90's Bally/Williams games. Makes WOZ and Hobbit seem like floaty widebody snoozefests. Spooky games are just cheap. TWD has the worst art and sound package of any game Stern has recently released, and I spent more time tweaking it out of the out of the box than the entire time it took to make the game. And dont get me started about GOT - I literally cant believe anyone got sucked into buying that baron, boring and ugly excuse for game. I own and have owned all these games, so I know.
I cant believe all you losers who missed out on buying the LE. Got no one but yourself to blame. Maybe you cant afford one - if so, get a better job.

I really hope you aren't serious.

#1861 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

le for sale 8700 obo. weren't these 10k new???

yes

#1878 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Obviously not an LE. it's been listed for 5 days.

That wasn't the question.

#1885 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I meant to quote the post you responded to ,not your answer to that post.
Sorry
On that note did anyone get better pricing than $9995 without being specific as To who the dist. Their LE was purchased from?

No problem. I haven't heard of any but I would suspect not. Stern has done it's best to keep distros in line with pricing and with the slim margins for distros I don't think there is much they can do and still maintain some sort of profit.

#1886 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Gilligan's Island looks like TZ next to BM66 as far as the actual playfield goes.

Shot are just as exciting as well.

#1981 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Oh for gods sake you know what I mean and you are just looking for an argument so you can keep beating the same drum over and over. I wasn't considering investing based on cars, I was simply making an observation that there are a lot of employees obviously showing up for work.......or maybe Gary is running a used car lot on the side. I can tell you I drive past some of the Sears offices every week, and I see a lot more empty than full parking spaces, so there is that observation as well. I don't know if the backlog is orders or waiting on supplies, and neither do you, but you cannot just let anyone express their own thoughts about Stern without stomping them into the dirt. Maybe the videos of the production lines are staged just for your benefit too, so Gary can claim he is too busy to get to your playfield. You just can't stand it that maybe the sky isn't falling, and maybe Stern is taking care of their customers....and maybe, just maybe, you pissed off the guy that was going to fix yours. As I said before, I am not defending anyone......I am just saying they can't be pissing EVEERYONE off, or they would be out of business fast. In the one case I had of a defective product, they made it right and went above and beyond to not only give me a new playfield, but all new parts as well. Yes, it should never have happened, and yes, it took a few months, but who the heck cares....not me. I got a new game after 6 months of play. And for a guy so "done" with Stern, you sure spend a lot of time trolling their threads.

No the sky isn't falling, but there are apparent issues that need to be addressed. Regardless if Gary is pissed or not he needs to make it right otherwise he is only doing himself and his business harm. There is no time for personal feelings when someone buys something for good money and it is defective. Make it right and move on. Adjust business procedures and move forward. Sure KPG is pissed but I would be too if it were my 8K.

#1983 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have absolutely no issue with that...just state your opinion and move on. What I am disagreeing with is the constant attack on anyone who disagrees or says anything he feels is not enough fire and brimstone.

He will move on when his game is fixed.

Fix the game Gary, so he can move on.

Until then I can understand him not moving on.

IMHO if they have time to make new games then they have time to fix KGPs PF. Just like if they have time to post on facebook and pat themselves on the back then they have time to communicate better.

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Agreed, and I have no issue with anything you just posted.

I didn't think you would.

#2012 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If I were Gary I would make things right just not for KPG

Are you seriously hoping that he doesn't get a resolution to his issue?

#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That's about what is happening.

Possibly and it is Horse S**T.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2015 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes the man is a ass

And you are showing your class there too!

#2017 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes the man is a ass

Whatever anyone my think of him, it doesn't mean he shouldn't have his game fixed.

Quoted from clg:

The way you post I wonder if you are Gary.

Gary, I don't think so, someone else at Stern. Possibly.

#2022 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think over the course of many threads we determined JY64 is a Stern employee or someone affiliated with the company.

Well I know of a certain someone that works at Stern that has a J and a Y in their name that has a history of bashing customers. If it is that person I bet he wishes he had a delete button for Pinside.

1 month later
#2291 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI, 2500 of anything does not qualify for "LE"

FYI a Pro, called a Premium and priced as one, isn't a Premium.

#2297 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. The reason I bought Batman is I wanted a new game with a modern theme I could relate to. Once I looked at all the options out there I realized it would have to be an old theme I could relate to.
If I had to hear those same Aerosmith songs over and over again, surely I would have taken a sledgehammer to the machine. And that dude with the cell phone? I think not. Forget Aliens. Don't want it.
So I played Batman and liked the shots and the music so I took it.

However, at least you have choices. That hasn't always been the case.

#2298 6 years ago

In the NIB market that is.

#2300 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Especially for how much they cost now.

Well BM66 isn't helping with that at all. Pros labeled and priced as a Premium come on give me a break Stern. Not to mention the continued trend of Stern to cheapen build quality while raising prices on all models.

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pauly, I'd never buy Bm66 premium at those prices.

So you bought the LE. How is that any better?

Sure it is limited, to 240 units, however it is still a money grab at 10k and the additional items included above the Preimium don't help justify the price either. IMO I know for you it was a dream theme so I am sure that helped your decision to buy but in my opinion it is just as bad as the premium as far as price for value goes.

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nobody said it wasn't an overpriced money grab. It is
All they did was cut out the flipper profit once again.
They sell the LEs for $8500 with 240 of them and people would have been fighting each other to get one to flip for a quick profit
They were fighting each other over the SLE for $15k
So I'll take the one limited to 240 and other perks
ALL of these high priced pins are gonna take a hit.
I see a loaded TH Smaug gold LE that can't sell at $7250

They sure did cut out the flipper market cause no body wants one for all the reasons most people are talking about in this thread. Stern NIB is dead to me currently so keep killing the flipper market cause it will only save me money in the long run, if I ever find a new Stern I feel I need to own, as it will be a used one to make sure all the physical bugs are worked out and the code is semi complete. Not hating on your choice of games Ice just stating the truth.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=paulywalnuts23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.