IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 7 years ago

The game may very well end up being great but this is an abysmal teaser video. I mean you have one of the best players in the World at your disposal and you film short snippets of him bricking and clanking nearly every shot. I don't think I ever saw Lyman string together more than a couple of shots. I don't think the video even shows the left ramp being made at all. The right orbit shot didn't seem to open up any flow. The big turntable toy barely looked functional in the video. Didn't see the magnet getting pulsed, the small LCD showing anything other than a static image. Shots to that area just didn't look fluid at all! You have the Genie spinner that will spin around once or twice but besides a ball lock release we really didn't see much else from that toy. To me it still looks about 75% similar to BDK and they didn't really make it a point to show the major differences such as the left ramp and showing off the full capabilities of the turntable toy to make me feel any differently.

At least we'll have the Deadflip video soon enough!

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That would be great, no game and it's owners deserve a code update more than Kiss

Cough! WOF... Cough! 7 inserts that don't do anything and no Wizard mode.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haven't forgot about WOF but honestly I just don't see Stern ever addressing that and Lyman seems to be coding (either as lead or lending a hand polishing) just about every new game Stern puts out.

I agree. WOF is less complete but what's there is still far better than what's on KISS or most other non Lyman or Keefer games. Will likely never be finished but it's still fun to hope!

#402 7 years ago

So far it looks like a dud but I'll give Lyman the benefit of the doubt that it will turn out great once complete. I had a similar feeling watching TWD when a gameplay video was first released and now that game is one of my favorites. I think the game will flow pretty well especially if it is pitched better and once the player has the shots down. So far I'm not convinced that the large turntable toy will be a game-changer but I'm sure that will come down to code as well. Right now it doesn't look like much is programmed into the LCD or into the magnet but I'm sure that will change.

I do think we'll all look back in a few years' once all games are LCD and look fondly at the old DMD games with original animations. Could you imagine if a game like TWD just showed snippets of video from the show or if Metallica showed clips of the band playing instead of having awesome animations.... I really think the sweet spot for displays would be a jumbo color DMD showing higher resolution DMD images.-similar quality to the color MMR display.

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

One sound sums up the gameplay I've seen so far.
"Meh"
Nice looking LCD and playfield, but gameplay looks very boring and I don't see how code will make the flow and fun factor any better. Does every game start with, "On a bright sunny morning in Gotham City" and showing traffic? I see that getting stale very quick.

I think if this game was released a few years' ago and wasn't based off an existing design it might be more impressive but when you look at in comparison to what JJP is doing with Dialed In or even Hobbit it just doesn't compare and seems stale in comparison. For anyone saying the gameplay on BM66 looks epic and fun do yourself a favor and watch some Dialed In footage. DI completely trounces it in terms of gameplay, lighting, sounds and display effects. The lighting and Display aren't in the same league. Aside from having a big LCD I don't really see how this game is an improvement over games like GB, GOTLE, TWD, etc. For the price this game should have a light show comparable to GOT or STLE.

2 weeks later
#1495 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The actual magnet core is the same size i believe but is surrounded by metal now which was to protect the playfield i guess. My walking dead premium has 2 these new magnets with 3k plays and dont have any real craters and they get a bunch of abuse /airballs bc of where they are located. I dont think the dents are a big deal on it or the playfield but it does seem to be much worse than prior pins.....

My TWDLE built in Nov '14 has little dimples all over the magnet cores. I don't think it's a big deal.

IMG_20170117_074733819 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_074733819 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170117_074725039 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_074725039 (resized).jpg

#1509 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

70,000?
Jesus. At $1 a play that's that's 4 and 2/3rds SLEs.

If the TWD is 2 years old that's about 96 plays per day! Who says location pinball is dying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.