IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#753 7 years ago

We all know Lyman is a coding genius- and his track record speaks volumes.

The only thing I would be concerned with BM66, and all pins going forward- is Stern is calling the shots and likely allocating a specific timeline to get BM66 done, and how much they are willing to pay him to finish the game before assigning him to a new pin. I feel their move to the bigger factory, price increases, etc in order to grow the company also comes with some strict adjustments to how these things are designed, coded, announced, then delivered.

I feel GB is a great example of this. Why has there literally been no significant improvements in code for the game since it was released? I think they told Dwight to wrap it up and move on. It's not that Dwight is that much worse of a coder than Lyman, it's likely the fact they are tightening the coding budget because more profit.

I really hope they give Lyman a long leash on this, because what I see now is a game that people spent a lot of money on- and it has a loooong way to go as far as code is concerned.

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Lyman completed Metallica on his own time.....that why I'm confident he will see this through whether supported by Stern or not. Although I expect Stern to give him full support...time will tell.
I like the look and potential of this pin so I've ordered knowing code will be in early stages. All cool.
Before all the trolls get in, I'm not rich, just like new pinballs. Now let's focus on the pinball not cost F'n sick of hearing about it! It is what it is move along please........further.....further....ah better lol

You make very valid points of course, which is why Lyman is my favorite coder.. and why 3/5 pins I own are his games. I really hope that is the case.. but it is quite sad that he's the only coder at Stern who I have confidence that will see to it that a game gets completed. I look forward to watching BM66 progress and reading feedback from all the owners of the machine.

#857 7 years ago

Congrats guys - the machines look sick.. can't wait to play one of these !

1 week later
#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Anyone else have the clear starting to chip a little in their shooter lane? Could be dumb luck but the software update seemed to lessen the flyers somewhat. I have noticed the ball getting caught in the left orbit on the wire/zip tie that is on the ramp. After another week there are a ton of dimples. As others have mentioned the gloss definitely brings them out. I recently purchased a BDK from another Pinsider and there are nowhere near the amount of deep marks on that game. Plays completely different and has a lot less flyers than 66.
I finally made contact with Stern and they were receptive and seem willing to work with me on a solution. I am sending more photos and speaking with them again this week.

https://www.change.org/p/gary-stern-replace-defective-stern-pinball-machine-playfields

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No idea. I doubt it's that simple. This probably is tied to their playfield issues of last year. Likely why they aren't swapping playfields yet, the problem still isn't identified fully. The weird thing is:
People weren't reporting crazy dimpling on Ghostbusters.
The magnet also dimples.

My GB playfield dimples are the worst of any game I have seen, or personally own. But that's not the premise behind my playfield issues, something I noted though- was much worse dimpling than normal.

2017-01-03 21.51.22 (resized).jpg2017-01-03 21.51.22 (resized).jpg

#1431 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, the overly dramatic end of the pinball world for Stern is at peak levels.
Meanwhile, they will continue to crush it in 2017
I'm gonna have a blast playing my BM66, the vocal minority can continue to bitch and whine like a bunch of F ing crybabies

Iceman, we know dude - you are totally fine with everything- Gary has already put your Size small Stern Army shirt in the mail

#1435 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kpg, we know dude, you are on a crusade and mission to nowhere. And my size is XXL, get that right please.

You are so wrong brother.. so wrong... and to bet against someone trying to make find resolution for so many people who have been sold defective products is just not cool.

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He's not doing that.
In fact, Iceman signed your petition. In fact, Iceman said that you *will* get a resolution from Stern. In fact, he *never* bet against that happening.
I hope that pointing out those facts doesn't result in people claiming that I'm a "Stern apologist" as seems to be the popular thing on Pinside lately, but it is what it is.

Quoted from iceman44:

Going about the wrong way. Really wish i hadn't signed that petition. Sorry, my opinion.
Never been a time in their history where they haven't stood behind their products.
End of comments in this Batman thread re Kpg, per Jim

No sense of going around and around about this. It's no surprise that the few people who are not in the position of purchasing defective products w/ no timeline of resolution are quick to give advice on how to remediate the problem, and offer opinions and advice. I appreciate all of your input, criticisms, skepticism, advice, etc. In fact, I appreciate it so much, I personally printed everything on paper and have left it in the guest bathroom in the event I run out of toilet paper.

2 weeks later
#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"However, Stern Pinball has been around for 30 years and is having major playfield issues and is communicating poorly about the whole matter while charging more money then ever for games. There's no excuse and it's a crappy way to treat customers. Stern should at least let customers know what the situation is and be more transparent."
I know you know how many times I've said
The exact same thing.
EVERY release by every pin maker is gonna have some issues.
It doesn't bother me, didn't with Woz either at the time, when I was a huge JJP supporter
And btw, your comment about Andrew taking his time so he can deliver the perfect error free pin is crazy. He could delay another 5 years tweaking it and it will still have problems
Despite what everybody is saying, the PF issues will pass and Stern will keep selling a ton of pins in 2017.
Why? Because pinheads are some of the most fickle people on earth, myself included

So... haven't heard much about your BM66LE iceman.

How is it? Are you satisfied it was worth the asking price?

How's the playfield and general build quality?

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Oh, no, yeah, I'd imagine it's extremely complex, and the turntable is definitely the highlight of the game. Something about the rest of it feels kind of empty and flimsy - empty sides, empty back. It needs a little bling, like some spotlights or some Gotham City building plastics, idk. All the sparseness hurts it. I also find the playfield art to be a little incoherent but I'm sure as the code comes along it'll get better at directing your attention.

When I first saw pics of the playfield, I could tell this game was designed and made to put big dollars in Stern's pockets before year end 2016. It's literally a Pro machine, but they got people to spend $15K for a machine that had $400 in extra upgrades at best. Literally, it's such an empty playfield and there's nothing "special" on it besides a gimmicky turn table.

Gary is laughing right to the bank right now. It's no wonder it wasn't playable when it was revealed, and why they collected deposits and started shipping it before showing gameplay.

#1625 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The turn table will be awesome when fully integrated into the game.
The code will obviously be Lyman awesome
The theme is great
The new LCD is spectacular
And the artwork is second only to my GBLE
Fun times!

So, reading between the lines:

The turn table is not awesome, but you are hoping it will be eventually
The code sucks right now, but since it's Lyman, you are hoping it will turn out great
The photoshop artwork isn't as nice as the Zombi Yeti artwork of GB (no surprise)

I'd like to hear whats so fun about it in its current form?

#1655 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't need to relitigate the whole thing. Gary personally called him and assured him it would be taken care of. Respect
They have/had PF issues. There is a process to resolve it. He then went on a scorched earth campaign that got him a buyback
I have my parts coming next week. Been great. I didn't whine and throw a hissy fit.
And life goes on

Really? Did you get a bad playfield and get promised half a year ago it would be replaced, then get completely ignored for the past couple months?

You might not whine, but I refuse to get on my knees for people I pay thousands of dollars to for products I expect to be built with pride and quality. Your cheerleading is much louder than my whining, that's for sure.

Hope you didn't get stretch marks on your lips

#1677 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Go read the history and educate yourself. So many KPG posts slammed Stern before Stern/Gary contact, during Stern/Gary contact, right after Stern/Gary contact, and on on on. One reaps what they sow.

You are so full of shit, you need to wipe your eyes with toilet paper.

I went MONTHS without saying anything, and praised Gary for calling me. I was silent here for many months without raising hell. It's only when I was getting ignored about my PF request after almost 6 months did I start up again about it.

Also, unbelievable - as much as I want to say "I told you so" to Iceman about his BM66LE, it's pathetic his machine is unplayable right now. Seriously how fuckin sorry is that a product that costs that much is having that many problems. The ironic part is that Iceman himself got a dud. Sure, he's fine with it now- imagine waiting 6 months to make it right!

Total garbage from Stern, yet again. Which is why I'll never buy a NIB from them anymore and I'm not alone.

Ice I hope your machine works 100% very soon and don't have to go through what me and many others went through.

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah some people act like they *don't know* what a huge Stern supporter you were until they sent you that complete POS.
You actually spent hours and hours making one of the most well rounded and modern soundtrack for TWD... even including Negan's whistle, etc to help bring the machine closer to these latest seasons. It was your enthusiasm and constant positive posts that made me even check out and play the thing as I had never bother to watch TWD until then. Yeah real Stern basher
That's 100% more effort than most of us who only drain our wallets on these things... and then post endlessly about it online.
So you have every right to complain loudly and repeatedly - you heaped praise on them when they deserved it so why should you keep your mouth shut when they quit returning your emails? ... especially after being personally assured by GS they would take care of you.
Unbelievable.
Stern has always treated me well and Chas is great guy but I'm no mindless cheerleader... when a company screws someone over (usually not intentionally) and doesn't communicate you LET THEM KNOW. Not just for your own satisfaction but to let others know of the situation and to *hopefully* help the company learn to handle these things better.
Maybe this has helped Stern realize a little communication with their customers might be helpful in the future... but I doubt it.

Thanks for this. I guess it's hard for some people to realize the only reason I'm pissed at Stern (now) is because they sold me a $8,000 piece of shit- and 6 months ago Gary promised to make it right, then ignores me for a couple months - months that I didn't even say anything about them here on Pinside.

Funny thing is when I made a stink about it 6 months ago here on Pinside, Gary Stern called me again and asked if I could "turn it down online" because he knew I was creating a shit show. He didn't like that of course. I know he doesn't like it now either lol.

I'm definitely not a consumer that lets companies sell me a $8K POS then come on here and praise it like some of these other jack asses. You know 99% of the people who bought BM66 know it's a turd bucket but will defend their purchase like it's their own child.

PS- dzoomer - that was f*ckin weird you spent all that time reposting me - you need to get a damn life

#1769 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just because Stern is asking $10-$15K for game doesn't mean they are going to ship you anything better than a $4 or $5K game.
They are asking that price because they think they can get away with it...and apparently they have.
I find it absolutely baffling that anyone is surprised that BM66 might have mechanical or design issues. Just look at the recent past releases from Stern (especially considering high price point games)... hell, they shipped Game of Thrones Premium and the ball orbit is botched! Look at GB! The ramp on TWD Prem.... in many cases relatively simple fixes on the factory floor would have completely negated a lot of these issues as problems. But Stern doesn't care to take the time to make the fixes because they don't have to. They know we'll make all the changes and alterations.
It's crazy...People are blindly lining up with money in hand...without ever laying hands on a game... and buying.
The biggest mistake any NIB buyer can make is thinking: THIS time it's going to be different.
NOPE
This time it's probably going to be more of the same. You buy first and you're a beta tester.
Cargument: Lexus says it's releasing a brand new car. You see a picture of it in prototype stage. What do you do? Do cut Lexus a check for $55K and ask to have it delivered? No. You wait for it to be sent to a dealer... then you go test drive it. You kick the tires...see how the seat feels... look at trunk space. If you like, then you pay.
Anyone forking over $10K to Stern for a game they've never played is going to get exactly what they deserve: A total mystery. Might get lucky and land a super nice game. Might get a total piece of crap with decals falling off, clear chipping, and crap shot geometry.
Stern is under no obligation to ship with 50% code and 100% perfect shots... they certainly don't guarantee it anywhere in writing.

Exactly.

Which is why my money HASNT been going to Stern.

In the last 3 months I've spent money on other machines that would have went to NIB Sterns.

Instead, this is where my money has gone:

MMR: $8K
TZ: $6K
Jim McCune & HEP restored MB: $12.5

That MB I got for $12.5K makes BM66 look like a wal mart piece of shit. I'm over Stern's Chinese built motorcycle quality machines. Defend them all you want, but they are shipping garbage and people keep blowing their money on these things. So many better pins out there at these prices.

#1793 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks for your condolences, but I have had no problem at all with my Batman, and it is getting lots of play despite the beta code.
But I appreciate you feeling sorry for me just the same. I owe you one.

Dude I saw you were selling your BM66 a long time ago - no one wanted to make an offer or did u decide to keep it after all?

#1805 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was one of those second thought moments. I had just picked it up and realized I was at max capacity and it was a lot of money to have tied up in one machine even though just a premium.
But after realizing I got a good one without any of the problems others are having and it getting more play than a lot of my other games, I decided to let it ride and see where the code takes us. No regrets as I love the music and the video shots of old Gotham City with all the old cars are classic. Fun game to shoot too.
It was a pretty big hit at yesterday's football party as well. Can't argue with that.

Right on man ! Glad you are enjoying it and got a good one!

#1807 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I cant believe all you losers who missed out on buying the LE. Got no one but yourself to blame. Maybe you cant afford one - if so, get a better job.

Man, I can't stand attitudes like this. "Can't afford one" "get a better job" etc.

That's not what this hobby is about.

Get off your soap box, rich guy. This site is about discussing pins and debating if they are fun or not, shitty, or great.

Like Iceman, and some others, we might have our disagreements with certain subjects.

But to come out and start talking about what people can afford and not afford, and about the jobs they do to be a part of this hobby?

Seriously, that's some bullshit post you made... GTFO with that attitude seriously.

Every single person I've met here on Pinside has been awesome people, very down to earth chill dudes who love playing pinball. I know none of them would spout that garbage.. u make people in this hobby look bad.

#1812 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Come on KPG, it's a joke. Was a tongue in cheek jab at the crap that goes on in this thread (and others like it) and none of the comments in my post are any worse than other posts made in reference to B66 and why people bought it. I could go through and quote them all but I couldnt be f*d.
Lets not talk about rich guys.

Ok, glad to hear that - I was like.. dude.. really !?!? haha

#1813 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Glad to hear that, seriously. 9 months ago you stated
'As for employment, I own a consulting company and have 46 employees as of today, with an almost $300,000 monthly payroll that I pay out. I'm fine'
and I felt the same way you feel now. So, cheers to you!

Don't take that out of context - that was probably a post regarding how businesses are ran. Nothing about me bragging about what I make or being condescending to others about my situation. Don't even know why you brought that into this thread to be honest, and how you remembered that was 9 months ago. Kind of weird.

#1818 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's different when it's hammered over and over again by the same people. I mean whatever floats your boat AND
It's another thing to say hey dude, my IMPRESSION is your house sucks, why do you buy your clothes from Wal Mart, your car is a worthless POS and you are F ing ugly
In other words, just being a dick about the IMPRESSION over and over. Despite how wrong or stupid it is

I think the problem with Pinside is people take others opinions and impressions of a particular game to heart. It's as if its their personal creation they made themselves. It could be because pins are pretty expensive, and I get that- just as if someone said they didn't like someones car or motorcycle or whatever.

But honestly I seriously could care less if people don't like the games I own. I just don't get what the fuss is here. Who cares? If someone says they dont like MET, TWD, MM, TZ, GB, or MB I won't get my panties in an uproar. That's fine- we all have different preferences and flavors. We all have our reasons for not wanting or caring for a particular pin.

Iceman, you just need to relax and not care what other people think about the pins you buy. I am sure you have your opinions about the ones I own.. I don't care.

Your analogy about talking shit about homes, clothes, cars, and looks is just totally wrong- if you get your feels hurt from an opinion about a PINBALL MACHINE you need to get a damn life, seriously.

#1824 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know why? Because it's just a bunch of Wal Mart shit that isn't worth squat. All those relic games blow.
How do like that impression?
You got royally F Ed on that 12.5k MB Kpg. Half ass coded piece of garbage

Hahah! Dude. I'm not offended. It's probably the nicest MB anyone has ever seen. It's a masterpiece.

Don't take my word for it - ask RobT! I bought it from him. No doubt even you would appreciate it. Used the money that would have probably gone to Aerosmith.

IMG_3857 (resized).JPGIMG_3857 (resized).JPG

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny I had considered offering RobbieT my Batman if was to end up with his Monster Bash as part of the deal. Well, I guess it's too late for that now!

Sorry brother !!! You are welcome to come play it some time ! I'll have u guys over sometime

#1839 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Probably one of the eddy boards for the phantom flip malfunctioning....reason for credit dot. Its usually just a lose wire in my experience from owning one

It's actually an issue with the optos for the Drac track - had to order a cheap opto board that I'll replace.. no biggie at all.. minor issue and easy fix, considering how mint it is!

#1841 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf, I thought Rob was never gonna get rid of that MB!
It's great eye candy for sure and actually MB of my favorite classics. I've got a gorgeous restored WH20 from Mike D and had a chance to buy his restored MB a while back. I should have.

Dude he told me a bit about it one day when he was over at my house and I couldn't picture it.. then I saw the video of it and had to talk him into selling it to me. I'll be honest it took a bit of convincing him to let me buy it.. but it's the nicest pin I've seen in person and it's a lot of fun. Whole family enjoys it. Simple Lyman rules that don't need to be deep and complex to be a bunch of fun.

In all honesty, I may have ended up with a BM66 of Stern's quality wasn't so bad and they didn't pull this crap with my GB playfield. I know Lyman is going to take that basic layout and make it a lot of fun over time. I just couldn't give Stern another dollar of my money. But it's a great looking game that's for sure. I just hope Stern gets their shit back together sooner than later.

#1842 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! That sounds pretty cool. So what, did Rob end up with your GB?

I told him he could have it for free and he told me he didn't have any room for more junk

#1907 7 years ago

Dude I want to start a business like Stern! I am going to build halfway completed shit and sell it to people.. and when I demo it a convention, I'll make sure to rope it off so no one can see how shitty it works - I just want to sell pre-orders to people and tell them it will be finished 'whenever' because my rock star employee might finish it one day

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Every NIB pin here on out is going to take a dump on the after market at these prices. Good, bad, or ugly.
RZ is selling for below cost. So is AMH now.
Wait until DI starts shipping. TH, Woz, etc.....
So what, the get your money back days are over. If you actually play your pinball machines who cares?

Sounds like a bubble is popping to me

#1927 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is another impression of mine. I put $8k value of the BM66LE to just the fact that Lyman is coding the pin!!! Boom boom

I currently put a value on your BM66 as $0

Why?

Because the motherf*cker was dead on arrival and is still not playable! Straight up lemon from the factory.

Stern saw you defending them every 10mins here on Pinside then Gary literally squatted, and shit out a BM66LE into a box and they put a shipping label on it addressed to Iceman.

But in all honesty I'm kidding and feel bad your BM66 is dead right now. I won't point out the irony or anything like that. I'm not that kind of guy.

But it's ironic as f*ck!!

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have to admit, it's pretty F ing ironic. I knew you would put your negative stink on my BM66LE!
Yes it's kind of funny KPG, no need to apologize, I'm laughing myself.
I'm playing the long game though.
Like someone said, we are a bunch of grown men idiots.

Seriously man. We're grown men arguing, debating, bitching, etc on a PINBALL forum. Haha. That's why I don't take anyone serious on here. 99.9% of people on here are probably cool as hell. I think it's just a good outlet to frequent a forum about a hobby we all enjoy, and blow off some steam here.. even at others expense. I think we've done a lot of that, and I don't care if we keep going or not because it's fun lol.

But all of us here would probably be buddies in person. That's what I love about this hobby.

So with that said... Stern if you are reading this.. fix Iceman's machine ASAP! This guy has gone to bat so much for you and then you ship him a dud? That's craziness

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would honestly pay more for a quality play tested Stern.

At these prices - a tested product should be expected.. it should not be an "add on" or have to come out of your pocket.

Sorry, but Stern's profit first/quality last approach is complete bullshit.

#1970 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

That's funny... 6 months. Based on the fact that most NIB buyers can identify the multiple problems within their first 5 games, tells me that Stern currently field tests their products for... well, less than 5 games.

I dont doubt it that their testing is 5 games or less... just like the metal rail bending issue on the captive ball area on GB bending after 50 games or so. They had to release a fix later on.. had they tested it properly, then they would have caught that. Stern believes in rushing out as much crap as possible with a popular theme on it, and selling it to people with too much money to burn. Once people realize what a piece of crap that game is, they announce the next big licensed theme.. rinse and repeat.

I was one of those guys I admit.. no more.

#1972 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

And yet I drive by there almost every day and there are no folks outside with pitchforks, or lined up trying to return machines. They have a 2 month backlog, and games keep flowing out the door. These can't all be going to new buyers, so either the problems are not as bad as we all would like to believe, OR, deep down, folks know Stern will stand behind the product and they take the chance, deal with the issues and move on with life. I am not defending or condemning anyone here, I am merely saying if things were as bad as what is posted here on Pinside, they would never sell to a repeat customer. And yes, I know they are the only major player in the market, but we are also talking about very expensive toys that we can all live without. And then again, maybe I just don't understand the business model, but they still have folks lining up to buy the next pin (even at 10K or 15K) , so they have to be doing something right.

Dude just because they are backlogged doesnt mean anything. They could easily be backlogged because of the playfield problem and other supplier issues. If there were only 50 orders for pins that month, and they only had parts to make 10 of them, then a backlog would happen. You are only speculating on the reason they are backlogged. With all the quality issues they are having they should be backlogged, because clearly at their normal production speed they are only shipping well-packed turds in large brown boxes.

If people could easily pack up a pinball and return it like you could at Costco and Target you better believe they would have a line of returns.

#1977 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe so, but if that were the case, I doubt I would see a parking lot full of cars like I do. Maybe those are the folks returning pins? lol I did hear them say on the CBS story that half of the production goes overseas. If you think it is tough for us to return something, just think about them...........

If you gauge the success of a company based on the amount of cars in the parking lot, then I dont know what to tell you. What I can tell you is that Sears has a full parking lot.. of employees... and you can look at their financial information that's made publicly available to see a better picture of what is actually going on. GoPro's corporate headquarters are also packed with cars... go look at their recent financial performance.

Trust me, don't get into investing into companies... especially if you base company performance on parking lots and the amount of "people with pitchforks" outside

#1990 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Oh for gods sake you know what I mean and you are just looking for an argument so you can keep beating the same drum over and over. I wasn't considering investing based on cars, I was simply making an observation that there are a lot of employees obviously showing up for work, which would not be happening if they weren't producing games.......or I guess there is always the possibility Gary is running a used car lot on the side. I can tell you I drive past some of the Sears offices every week, and I see a lot more empty than full parking spaces, so there is that observation as well. I don't know if the backlog is due to incoming orders or if they are waiting on supplies, and neither do you, but you cannot just let anyone express their own thoughts about Stern without trying to stomp them into the dirt. Maybe the videos of the production lines are staged just for your benefit too, so Gary can claim he is too busy to get to your playfield? You just can't stand it that maybe the sky isn't falling, and maybe Stern is taking care of their customers....and maybe, just maybe, you pissed off the guy that was going to fix yours. As I said before, I am not defending anyone......I am just saying they can't be pissing EVEERYONE off, or they would be out of business fast. In the one case I had of a defective product, they made it right and went above and beyond to not only give me a new playfield, but all new parts as well. Yes, it should never have happened, and yes, it took a few months, but who the heck cares....not me. I got a new game after 6 months of play. And for a guy so "done" with Stern, you sure spend a lot of time trolling their threads.

No one has said Stern is pissing "everyone" off. There's hundreds of pissed off customers though. How many people are actually buying pinball machines? The petition has almost 130 pissed off customer signatures now. That's a lot of people and potential pinball sales.

Speaking of beating a drum over and over- you are guilty of that as well, cheering on Stern repeatedly anytime someone has an opposing view or bad experience. Just because you haven't had a bad experience, doesn't mean other people haven't.

I think your arguments and ways of justifying everything is "fine" at Stern is just straight up weird. Who cares about how many cars are in their parking lot. What does that have to do with shipping defective products then lying about fixing, replacing, and buying them back?

Look at how many quality issues are happening w/ BM66.. playfield issues, poor design, full on machines not working out of the box, defective parts, assembly issues, extreme dimpling, etc. It's crazy that this is happening with products that sell for this much $$ and people like yourself come on here and defend such a company. I guess next time someone has a problem w/ their NIB Stern pinball machine, i'll just quote you and let them know everything is fine because their parking lot is full.. LOL

#1994 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

He can share his experiences all he wants, as all of us can (negative, positive,etc.). "Learn from them"? A subjective statement. I've "learned" that initial impressions, opinions formulated by others, and overly negative or fanboy reactions don't mean shit when I decide to purchase a game.

Just be glad you got lucky w/ your BM66 .. not so many purchasers as of late have shared that luck.

#1997 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And I truly feel bad for the ones that have had the issues (honestly)....QC was spotty at best.....I really don't have a metric to use on "good" vs "bad" games regarding QC.....really was focusing on gameplay experience. I hope you get your replacement machine (as I think you had stated they agreed on awhile back) and are able to potentially enjoy this machine.....mark

Yeah, their offer to buy back the machine is going just like the promise to replace my playfield 6 months ago. I am told they will do that and i'll hear from them within a day or two. It has been 3 weeks since their offer, and no one calls me or my distributor back. They love over-promising and under-delivering. They are about as reliable and honest as a Trump cabinet member.

#2002 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Enough. There are already a number of threads where your (valid) issues are discussed. If you have any defect issues regarding a Batman 66 games, by all means post here. Otherwise, post elsewhere please.

Put me on ignore if you have an issue. I see you complaining a lot about my posts, that's why the forum software has such a feature.

#2020 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I've commented nicely twice. Pinside does not exist for you to clutter up every thread by standing on your soapbox. Annoying everyone who may agree with or support your issue is really not a great strategy. I'm not going to put you on ignore because I am interested in what you have to say about Stern quality issues and your situation in particular in the appropriate threads.
Pinside also has moderators for a reason and if you continue thread crapping, I'm going to ask them to take appropriate action.

I'm sure the moderators are going to love you cracking the whip and telling them what to do, and what actions to take. Don't flatter yourself.

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Whatever anyone my think of him, it doesn't mean he shouldn't have his game fixed.

Gary, I don't think so, someone else at Stern. Possibly.

I think over the course of many threads we determined JY64 is a Stern employee or someone affiliated with the company.

#2042 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

bm 66 le in market for 8700.00.
someone buy it because when code is done in 3 years its going to he highly collectible.

That LE has been for sale for 2 weeks and no one seems to want to buy it lol.

BM66 is going to be the fastest depreciating pin in Stern's history. I'm willing to bet the SLE buyers will have a hard time offloading for anything more than $10.5K

1 month later
#2167 7 years ago

Played BM66 Premium at the Pinball Expo in Banning. I had doubts.. I thought it wouldn't play that good.. but I was wrong. It was terrible. Worst modern Stern I have ever played.. Lyman has his hands full with this one, because the game is simply no fun to shoot. The spinning toy was dumb... the phone ringing was annoying.. the LCD graphics and animations seemed rushed and cheap. The ramps were not exciting to hit.

Walked over to Aerosmith Pro and had a blast- MUCH better game, better shots, the LCD had cool animations and really highlighted the move to LCD. Great game. But neither got my money and ordered an AFMr instead.

But seriously.. there's no way BM66 is a long term hit.. it just doesn't shoot well and code updates will have no effect on a game that doesn't have any satisfying shots to hit.

#2184 7 years ago

Makes sense, those who are financially invested in the machine love it and claim it's another classic are the ones who praise it.

Those who play it without any bias or financial interest in the machine explain how they really feel. Removing the emotional and financial attachment to the machine is where you read between the lines on this game. It seems everyone who didn't pre order it does not like it, and those who bought it sight unseen think it's the next best thing since sliced bread.

I am truly shocked and surprised!

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Or just maybe it is because those that own it actually spend more than 5 seconds playing it and don't spend the rest of the day griping about every aspect when they never got past the 1st villain. This is not limited to BM66...this is pretty much any pin. Yes, the people that own it will me more likely to stick up for it, but I disagree with putting everyone in the same can and saying they are all biased. Maybe they actually DO like playing it........

I am not even a good player and progressed through many villains. It got boring so quick I literally walked away during my Ball 3 on my 3rd or 4th game. I played dozens of games at the expo I have never played and had a blast. BM66 was, in my opinion, the worst modern Stern there- and they had them all. I am sure there are people like you and Iceman that enjoy it, and that's great! Money well spent.

For the rest of us, it is just a mediocre game and our opinions reflect that. There's no comparison between BM66 and Aerosmith.

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Well I guess I will just be ever so thankful that KPG actually rated BM66 Mediocre.....I figured you were going more for dreadful cause I always set my expectations low when I come here.....lol

Just being honest. Keep in mind I played BM66 and Aerosmith back to back for the first time, so that had an effect as well. Unbelievable they got $15K for the SLE version of BM66. Aerosmith Pro is a great looking machine, the custom art- sounds- LCD animations- layout- etc just nailed it for that price point. Playing BM66 back to back is such a contrast, it just seemed so cheap and boring compared to Aerosmith. Why compare them both? They essentially came out at the same time.. one represents Stern very well... the other- not so much. I wish Lonnie did the code on BM66 and Lyman did the code on AS to be honest.

#2219 7 years ago

No need to get into hostile arguments defending the fact you like the machine. In fact, I'm stoked there are people who are enjoying them! That's what's great about pinball.. there's always something for everyone. If someone says they like sushi, and I say I don't - no one is going to sit there and tell me why I am wrong and try and change my taste buds. We get it, BM66 is your flavor and you enjoy it. Right on! Flip away and have a good time, that's why these machines exist. Glad BM66 puts a smile on your face. Just because I have no interest in it shouldn't offend anyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.