IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#651 7 years ago

Can we all just agree that all of the new games coming out are way over priced and move on. If you have the money and want the games have at it. Not sure why that upsets some people.

BM66 looks great, the LCD looks really nice. I don't think the layout is really improved much though and once again the game ships with hardly any code or call outs.

#670 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stipulated to that fact from the outset as other have.
Here's the issue though. And people need to really think about WHY its happening.
Is it greed? Maybe. Is it greed when a flipper buys a GBLE and flips it for $9500?
Why on earth should Stern give away the "flipper profit" to anybody? That would be stupid on their part.
80 people paid for the SLE and 240 people paid for the LE and everybody else is pissed off about it.
Judgment day is coming soon enough. When you raise the price of the premiums like they are to correlate with the LE's, then let's see how many of those sales they cannibalized to get the LE's and SLE's.
It's just a matter of time, a lot of these NIB buyers are gonna get tired of losing big $$ when they go to sell their games. That's when the feeding frenzy dies, and its coming.
I have always expected and/or not cared about losing $$$ in the secondary market, but most people don't feel that way.
Current NIB buyers are guaranteed losses the minute you open the box. Ops are balking at new pricing altogether. Judgment days are coming in 2017.

Very accurate post. Stern can get away with the price increase if all of the LEs were Tron, acdc, and GB. Problem is they are not.

1 month later
#1732 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to trying out B66 at tpf. I'm not buying any sterns Nib anymore. Don't want to deal with the code wait or potential major playfield issues.

I am really surprised they released this game with such barren code though. How do you charge more and give less on what is mostly a retheme especially knowing this is supposed to be a 30th anniversary celebration pin and people have been getting more and more pissed at the slow code releases. It would have made more sense to roll out Aerosmith which is clearly much further along and blinged it out over the top for the 30th pin. I guess most of the negative they heard about the theme might have swayed them.

They have to stop releasing pins that aren't ready yet. They have lost me as a buyer and I can't be alone. I would love to support stern but I just can't with the current release practices.

1 week later
#2079 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Simple, you just go to the game and click rate. And ignore the rule that suggests only rating games you've played. Anyone can judge things or form an opinion on things without experiencing them first hand, it happens all the time. I think seeing the videos and complaints and etc. is sufficient enough to form an opinion especially because I specifically state that I will be back to update my rating after playing the game. People need to find other things to get upset about, this witch hunt against me for my opinion of this game is silly.

You are exactly why the ratings are broken and mean absolutely nothing.

#2080 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You guys probably don't really want me playing the game before I rate it, because it's likely to bring my previous rating down even more. Keep up the down vote brigade and I'll buy something like Batman66sucks.com and really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else. To pretend this game wasn't one of Stern's biggest disasters out of the gate is just ridiculous, but I understand it must not be too comforting to be one of the suckers who bought into the hype.

Disaster is a funny way to put it. 3.6 mil in sales just on the SLE and LE with all of them ordered pretty much site unseen. I'm guessing stern is pretty darn happy about BM66 no matter how many premiums they sell.

1 month later
#2206 7 years ago

Got to play a few games on BM66 at TPF. The turn table is just not fun. The crane is fun still but not anymore so then Dark Knight. It's baffling how a game like Gilligan's Island can have an awesome turn table and stern gives us the BM66 one and prices at a premium. I was really hoping to like this game but man does it fall flat. All of my friends at TPF felt the exact same way. Hopefully Lyman can salvage a decent game out of it for the people that preordered it.

#2211 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You must not have any friends JG?
The turn table is/will be a very fun and unique toy. Crane is much less fun with current code but will get better.

Sorry Iceman, I'm glad you love yours but all 5 of us at tpf felt the same way on this one. Like I said though, Lyman will find a way to make it interesting, can't fix the layout though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.