IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I paid 3995 for BDK NIB....... It was a turd !!!! Im definatly not going to buy the corny, rehash version batman for 8500 and up

#15 7 years ago

If you like the game you buy it , if you don't like it don't buy it . You shouldn't bash a game because you don't like it. We are all in this hobby together. Merry Christmas

Seriously ........ this is an open forum where we talk about pinball. WTF. If I think a game sux I'll call it that way. People make there own opinions based upon past experience.

Use your own judgment , but I'll be dambed if I can't state my mine

Not everything is peachs and cream dude.

BDK stinks and by the video 66 looks like more of the same

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I don't think the video did it any favors. My concern with BM66 was always the mediocre game it was born from. BM66 is a beautiful game, but play looks much like TKD II (not a good thing). Hopefully we'll get a better perspective when guys start receiving their games next week.
Updside though... I really like Stern's LCD implementation and that match screen was killer.

I agree 100% with this..... 66 is a BDK with a makeover. Production run on BDK was was terrible , why because people didnt by them !!!.

I am a huge Stern fan, that being said Im not a cheer leader and not every titles a home run .

#22 7 years ago

But at least SMVE was conceived from a fantastic game. Anyone every hear the saying ...... you can polish a turd but its still just a pile of crap

#26 7 years ago

The two habit trails taking place of the teeter totter and mini playfield will be a big help. It's just such an uninspired playfield that was mediocre at best. The crane was the best feature to me

#35 7 years ago

The images on the new screen look to just be movie clips with words added. Nothing proprietary to the game so far

#38 7 years ago

How will they impliment the crane ?

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I though ghostbusters would be amazing the. I played it and was very underwhelmed and disappointed.

You owned there BDKs the most recent only lasting day

GB is without a doubt there hottest selling game at the moment hands down

Rightful so as it's fantastic and here on pinside that is the consensus.

#72 7 years ago

I'll bet a dinner that GB outsells 66

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll take that bet...revenue and sales wise.....I think 80 SLE's and 240 LE's have been long gone, with pinsiders openly asking for anyone that drops out to pm them.....branding? Shit....Batman vs, Ghostbusters...really? I like steak, btw, heard there are some good places close to TPF.....

I'm talking about total machines. Not over inflated price's to boost profits.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

All you need to know is
LYMAN=BATMAN 66

66 is the # of day's Derek will own before he put's up for sale.

#538 7 years ago

Seriously.... Gameplay does not look good and im not talking about code. Very choppy and stop and go. Two main ramps with a bash toy. Two rollovers and three pops. Crane is cool as always in BDK. Theres really only 5 shots on this game with nothing new to see

Love the LCD but for a 8k I really expected more. Im definately sure its not for me, but hope all you guys that spent 8k, 10k, and 15k are happy with your purchase

#540 7 years ago

Even watching a top ranked player such as Lyman play this game, it still just looks...... meh !!!

#553 7 years ago

I will say this, the music is well integrated with the game play. Scatman, scatman, scatman......na na na na na na na na na SCATMAN !!!!

#562 7 years ago

Different stokes for different folks.......not my cup of tea but then again I don't drink tea.

#564 7 years ago

When I buy a new machine thats just what I want to see. For me games like GB and TWD are miles apart from this in style , innovation ,and layout.

Kind of speaks for my collection. Some of each, but most of all there what "I" want. Enjoy your 66's guys.

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's always been the case in this hobby (& any other for that matter) and we all know that, there's games I don't like but my friends love, I think with BM it's simply pricing that has over shadowed this.

I agree with this 100%. I bought my BDK NIB for 3995. Honestly and for the most part its the same game with a different art package, different coding ,two wire forms taking place of the more expensive tetter totter and mini playfield ( its an improvment ) and an LDC .

At double the price and with the far superior SAM system in BDK, I cant justify the huge price increase over gameplay.

#604 7 years ago

80 x 15000 = 1,200,000
240 x 10000 = 2,400,000

320 game for 3,600,000 Holy Christ !

3995 BDK price

901 games... GREEEEEEEEEEED !!!

300% cost increase in 7 years WTF

#612 7 years ago

Yep ...... and new Hondas haven't gone up 300% since 2009 even with options and new touch screen displays

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

What a tool you don't count rent labor materials insurance distributors and more

Labor rates have only increased 18% in the last 7 years and rent less. LCD displays are cheaper than DMDs Get your facts straight. Even when you talk about Super LEs like ACDC with water jetted two tone powder coating price point was only 6500. This is all about profits.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yup, lucky for us that Batman 66 is no honda!

Yep.....new BMWs haven't gone up 300% even with new touch screen displays

#619 7 years ago

I can't wait to pick up a batman in a few years ...... oh wait I already owned this turd

#623 7 years ago

I love my 100 % Stern lineup. But I refuse to pay stupid money for a semi rehashed game with unfinished code.

I could go buy a ST pro, Tron , and Met pro for about the same price

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for clarifying that.
We weren't sure how you felt about the price until you made this post.
Thanks again.

No problem

#635 7 years ago

Every two weeks for two weeks.

#643 7 years ago

Geeeees guys....... if you can't see I'm just busting chops then ( why so serious...pun intended ) you definitely don't know me. I do think it's a cool game just that IMO I feel the price is overinflated.

It's obviously going to be a better game than BDK as the two worst features are now gone and they added an LCD.

Lighten up it only pinball

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The "every 2 weeks comment" by Gomez is around the 10:10 mark.

This is a real issue. So what there saying is fk all the other game as there not as important.

It's like trying to bait the rat to the cheese

#654 7 years ago

Trust me I have the money it's the principle.

Should be a fun game but it's not for me at even at the old price point

#657 7 years ago

All I can say is time will tell. If turns out I'm wrong ( hoping I am ) I will purchase.

I'm not wiling to take a chance at that price on the old pump and dump routine.

#665 7 years ago

Another down fall for me with the new price pount is that I would preorder in a heartbeat if I liked the title. Now there's no sense. The risk is just to great when doing so and at the 10k price point there's no where to go but down

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Imagine that a business trying to maximize profits to keep sustainability!?!? What a novel concept!

Your exactly right. But what it does do is slows sales as people will be much more choosy before purchasing.

Most don't have an extra 15/20 k to drop on two games a year

More like one title every two years which in turn will stunn sales causing slowed growth. I personally know guys like MusketD here on pinside who loves pinball and would buy every new title that came out. That is no longer the case.

#671 7 years ago

This past year I did some line up changes that included ST pro , Met pro, GB Premium and TWD premium. That's 23k in sales for Stern.

At 8500 each I could not get even 3 games

#766 7 years ago

Batman 66.......they removed the mini PF and has the same R vuk and wire form as cheapo Costco BDK Batman. ( one of my first impressions along with outrageous price point )

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Maybe you should wait to play the game first before judgement

I plan to...... especially at that price.

Also whats the over /under on you owning this FANTASTIC game less than six months.

Thats what the whole post is about " first impressions " Not wait till ya play then tell me what ya think

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Removing that mini pf and replacing it with a second ramp is what BDK always felt like it was missing and needed to add some much needed speed and flow.
As far as your vuk/wireform impressions your just twisting things to suit, as every version of Batman from Stern (BDK, BDK lite/costco & BM66) has the same right vuk/wireform BM66 has made it into a complete ramp shot.

I know..... I owned one. Thats kinda my point dont ya think.

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well it is #16 currently on top 100 ratings, so I think I am not alone to think that Star Trek is a decent game?
I guess it's like my opinion man.

I enjoy it.

#777 7 years ago

Is it just me..... 66 has a feeling of the PF being totally bare except for the last 10/12 inches.

I know the crane has a long swing and needs room so it limits the amount of STUFF that can be done.

Also lets not forget Lymon did work on the coding for BDK. Its not bad but its not great either. Not every title can be a hit.

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You mean like IM, except the bash toy moves left to right (crane) as opposed to up/ down (Monger)? IM is a "hit" btw.
Seriously, are you ever gonna stop here (we get it, we get it)? Isn't there another pin you can constantly degrade on another thread somewhere. Some of us are going to like (maybe REALLY LIKE) it, regardless of your logic (?), personal opinion.
If you're continuing to gain some sort of personal satisfaction by bashing, please continue (I don't block anyone). But if all this horseshit is meant to "educate" us poor, misinformed pinheads, you might as well stop.
If the game turns out to be a monster or pile of shit, that will be up to the OWNER........how about it?....find another title...plenty out there...thanks

Not bashing..... but why the heck would a topic be started if first impressions were only supposed to be positive

If thats what you wanna hear. Its great man, best game ever, I can only imagine how cool its gonna be.

Thats my first impression weather you agree with it or not.... WOW

#789 7 years ago

Do you think Spike two will have the same issues with node boards that Spike one had ...... There is that better. IMO yes open PF really , really.

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I haven't had a spike game yet. What are the node board problems?

Not sure if they were software or hardware issues but I know some revisions were made recently. Not sure if they are completely resolved. Although I will say I have zero issues with mine so far on GB Premium

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just the issue that despite node boards supposedly being repairable with throughhole transistors, etc... failures have largely been board swaps so far. There isn't voltage protection where a short can take out a lot of stuff.

Has anyone successfully replaced any transistors in these yet or do they take out the surface mount ICs

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In my opinion, they run them too close to the edge. There isn't enough headroom for issues. Kind of like driving a Pinto and a BMW at 100 miles an hour. Both will do it, but the Pinto will fail faster.

I agree.... Is it possible the heat from the current generated is too close to the ICs that drive them. SAM and White star were VERY reliable when boards were kept separate ( Hence maybe a cabinet fan would be helpful )

#799 7 years ago

They back their products 100%. Not sure what kind of warrenty they will carry but the guys at Stern are exceptional. On my last four games only issues were a few bad switches, broke scoop, bad LED board, creased translite.

Chaz and Pat shipped out the same day to keep my new games running THUMBS UP!!!

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it would be rare for someone to have done this since:

Yes, Stern has replaced the bad node boards when they go bad.

Rob...... Im also thinking about this from an operator stand point. Not that the company I work for has any modern pins.

But Im wondering if they could be repaired or is it a 200 plus dollar fix every time one goes bad ?

#806 7 years ago

Looks like a totally redesigned board from spike one.

#814 7 years ago

Shipping or QC. Either way for a SLE should be white glove service

#818 7 years ago

My quess is new decal only. I would be having a meltdown after forking over.... well you know.

#880 7 years ago

With Aerosmith coming into play already I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy about good code coming quick. Time will tell

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

Different programmers.
now if they were both Lyman then there would be a problem.

Lots of pissed off people if it takes too long or dosnt happen. ... Just saying

#887 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Does anyone really know who is working on what in terms of coding? I have heard that Lyman is working on finishing KISS and nothing else till it is done. Who knows what's true?
Its almost like Stern's software programming production schedule is common knowledge however it isn't published anywhere.

Its call throw a steak in front of a hungry dog. Ya think the dogs gonna ask what type of steak it is. Right now thats the mentality.

Code is secondary in terms of sales.

#968 7 years ago

B/W playfields got dimpled to heck also depending on the game. Here is a shot of my AFM after thousands of plays. This was an original PF not a repro. Its highly exaggerated in this photo as it all depends on the angle and how the light is hitting it. NEVER an issue with any clear coming off or chipping.

IMG_4992 (resized).JPGIMG_4992 (resized).JPG

IMG_4994 (resized).JPGIMG_4994 (resized).JPG

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Would anyone have a list of all the gadgets from the bat 1966 Tv series available for viewing please ?
I have a list to choose from.
Thanks !

Bat gadget # 284....... Bat Pole. Bitches gotta earn some how

6824fcc83fc3208ffd2bda5900bd4dda (resized).jpg6824fcc83fc3208ffd2bda5900bd4dda (resized).jpg

#1262 7 years ago

I really dont feel dimpling or even crazing is an issue. Would I like a PF that looks like glass...... Yes . But then I might as well just wax and not play any of my games, As long as there not wearing, chipping, and delaminating I am totally fine with it.

Never had a buyer say, " knock 500 off as that PF is dimpling ". I would tell them go pound sand

#1264 7 years ago

Ive seen new cars, same make and same model. One with orange peel and one smooth as glass. Just the way it is.

I also think your forgetting about many of the old playfields having the planking look to them. Have not seen a new one look like that in eons.

#1271 7 years ago

Ya know whats really fkd up...... They finally are starting to get some faith back in their customers after the whole playfield debacle. Now they go and charge huge money and make promise's that dont hold water.

Quoted from J85M:

I see plenty of justification, I brought an LE and at the moment pretty pissed a George for over promising and under delivering again, if its easy to promise something multiple times, surely its just as easy to say its going to be later than I said sorry guys instead of promising another date and missing that.

Im sure George works for comp sales.

#1441 7 years ago

FK....... I got axed when I talked about 66 being an clunky, uninspired , waaaaay overpriced rehash. Seems like that's the consensus now.

Does the owner of that 66 have a playfield date ? That would be interesting to know.

As of right now my GB playfield from 11/16 has alot of dimples but absolutely no chipping, cracking, or ghosting of the inserts or shooter. I can live with dimples as I don't feel it devalue's a game. They other three no way.

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of a few people?

Really? No complaints there, good to know.

Are you being sarcastic about the dimple comment...... I cant tell. Like in my post before I had a AFM's with a original playfield and thousands of plays that had no wear but looked like an orange peal.

Whats your thoughts Ice?

#1452 7 years ago

Like I said...... Look at PF's like RBION , SM, and other old examples. They used to have that planking effect. ( different wood maybe?)

Todays PFs look like glass so I cant give an answer to why, but as long as there not chipping off artwork or delaminating im ok with it. As for the magnet poles , they have been dimpling and mushrooming for years.

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I do too ... but that was after 1000s of plays, not one week ...
rd

The magnet pole's are three times as big now. I sure there going to take a lot more direct hits.

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A premium just listed for sale/trade also has some substantial craters in the magnet and upper playfield....

With the magnet pole, dont you guys feel its because the new poles are 3 times the size of the old one's. They now take more hits and with all that area they become much more pronounced. When they were the size of a nickel no one cared.

#1493 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The actual magnet core is the same size i believe but is surrounded by metal now which was to protect the playfield i guess. My walking dead premium has 2 these new magnets with 3k plays and dont have any real craters and they get a bunch of abuse /airballs bc of where they are located. I dont think the dents are a big deal on it or the playfield but it does seem to be much worse than prior pins.....

I just took another look at the 66 thats up for sale.... there are major craters in the core itself. Im gotta go down stairs and look at my TWD prem better and get back to you. Really had not noticed that much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.