Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (2 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (2 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (2 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (2 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (2 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 2 years ago

I played my KISS LE tonight. Rumor has it that Lyman is finishing the code on it before he polishes BM66. Can't wait. Stern is awesome.

1 week later
#884 2 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

Different programmers.
now if they were both Lyman then there would be a problem.

Does anyone really know who is working on what in terms of coding? I have heard that Lyman is working on finishing KISS and nothing else till it is done. Who knows what's true?

Its almost like Stern's software programming production schedule is common knowledge however it isn't published anywhere.

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in the don't care about dimples camp. I don't see ever being able to wear out my Huo pins.
If I do, that's what micro is for. Problem solved. Less stress that way!
If you think Stern is going to answer dimpling issues when they are having to deal with PF clear defects, serious issues, then you might be disappointed

You start selling pinball machines that are within a couple of grand of a brand new Chevrolet, you need to answer questions about issues whether perceived or not....

1 week later
#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This comment is concerning to me, getting a NIB is supposed to be exciting and part of the enjoyment of this hobby, not the other way around.
I am concerned that this could become a major issue for Stern. The Batman66 I played also had cracking in the shooter lane, and big dimples. I really thought that Stern's beta testers and quality control department had this problem resolved. I was wrong and now it is really becoming concerning. I really like Stern and I love pinball and I would do almost anything to try and save a company from it's own demise. If Stern does not fix these issues and start turning out quality product again they will be in trouble.
I watched this documentary the other day on Netflix called Atari: Game Over. It is a documentary about the rise and fall of Atari and how a couple of big mistakes cost the company to fold and go under. One of the mistakes was Atari getting greedy and wanting to capitalize on Christmas and they wanted to piggyback on the success of the ET franchise. Atari gave one of their head programmers 5 weeks to code ET instead of the standard 5 month time frame. It turned out that nobody liked the game and they made over 4 million cartridges. It was not the only reason Atari failed but it was a big contributing factor. Sounds familiar with trying to push product out the door too soon before proper testing was performed.
My point here is these large arcade/pinball manufacturers are more susceptible to trends and consumers than we know. If Stern has a couple of bad titles in one year that nobody buys, or they have major quality control issues that result in law suits, they will find themselves in deep shit. I recommend Stern hire a qualified beta tester that can help deter any potential issues that can become major problems. There is absolutely no excuse to have these Batman66 going out with defective playfields. They need to figure this out-like yesterday. Stern if you are reading this you can hire me as an outside consultant, I could help streamline your production without compromising quality.

I tend to agree. I think much of this will come down to how much customers care about these "issues" and if they are truly as widespread as what is being reported in the world of Pinside. Having the top end games costing 15k certainly does add a bit pressure on Stern to make sure their customers are happy.

2 weeks later
#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why should they? People were willing to beg them to give them $15k for the privilege to own one.
As long as people do this, nothing will change.

There are reports coming out that Aerosmith seems to have pretty much completed code (integrated animations, multiballs, etc). How did THAT happen with what is going on here?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
7,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Warrenton, VA
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside