IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

They said on stream that every production playfield they currently have is already purchased and accounted for. They can't just take someone's game and use it.

considering the game is "late", and there was a rush to get as many games as they could out for the holidays, this seems logical and respectful of their customers.

The reality is people have had BM66s arriving the past week or 2 and we're not hearing the same issues (pulling glass every game), so a prototype is a prototype. Possibly they thought their prototype would hold up better than it did.

Since actual customers aren't complaining, I'm taking George at his word.

#626 7 years ago

Did they say when the call outs would be added?

#648 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what there saying is fk all the other game as there not as important.

I don't recall Gomez saying "All hands on BM66 for code every 2 weeks". It's Lyman's game, he's working on it, no bearing on the other titles.

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I love my 100 % Stern lineup. But I refuse to pay stupid money for a semi rehashed game with unfinished code.

I could go buy a ST pro, Tron , and Met pro for about the same price

Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for clarifying that.

We weren't sure how you felt about the price until you made this post.

Thanks again.

Quoted from hoby1:

Trust me I have the money it's the principle.

Should be a fun game but it's not for me at even at the old price point

RobT heard you, but there are 150 posters in this thread. So... 100+ more times should cover it, better make your point more clear for every single person.

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 2.32.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-31 at 2.32.00 PM (resized).png

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The proto PRE from Stern's initial unveiling had Batgirl on the backbox. I wonder if someone at Stern is screwing them up and no one is catching it.

Shhhhhhh! Let me get my LE first.

#989 7 years ago

I don't understand how Stern using softer wood also explains that magnets being dimpled. That is weird.

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I'm hoping the lighting sequences and flashers get used more.

TWD had basic lighting for a long time, and then Lyman took it to the extreme with a later update. So... just need to be patient.

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"game subject to change"

This happens all the time with new games. Go look at their Star Trek flyer, it still shows the original design for the VUK to Warp lane. Which is far more of a feature than backbox decals.

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Has anyone asked stern about replacement decals if they don't like the ones they got?

It seems like this would be an easy solution.

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

How much less could you care? I remember the Tron girls backglass being released and everyone going nuts for it. I think two guys vs a girl is a big difference for some Pinball addicts.

Look at how happy all the le owners are to get her (me included). Makes sense that the opposite is true on the other side of the equation.

#1338 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I've now seen this twice on the same BM66 prem in the middle of games: Right after the ball is plunged the game reboots it restarts in attract mode. I don't recall anyone else mentioning this. I saw it once with code 0.60 and again with 0.65. Is this a known issue with the code or some problem with this particular example?

hasn't happened to mine at all.

#1351 7 years ago

Here are my impressions after having played the game a bunch of times and having some guests play it for the evening:

-It is impossible to fairly evaluate this game at this time. The software is sooooo early. I've never had software this early on any machine I've bought before. I am ok with this, the game will be fine in my collection as it evolves but I can see how people who play it on location or a few games somewhere are going to be left thinking "blah", because normally a game with software like this would only be seen inside the development office.

Having said that, I can offer the opinions on these things that will not be changing (much):

-I love the artwork and themeing of the machine. It looks awesome. I'm happy my LE features Batgirl.

-The style of music used in the game is a fun change from everything else I own.

-After I refastened the Batmobile screws, there has been no other tweaks needed.

-I sold a BDK and replaced it with this game and feel they play like 2 different games. I know some other people think otherwise, but that's my opinion. Just as 2 fan layout games can have the same shots but theme and programming makes them totally different or how toys can be reused.

So, the verdict for me is.... there is no verdict, but I am hopeful Lyman has all the pieces to make something really fun and special.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

30 + year old wood is hard.

There's no getting around that.

Probably the only fair dimpling test would be to bounce balls on the wood of all the current manufacturers, made around the same time (year).

#1388 7 years ago

Ok, just for the info, I went and reexamined by batman playfield.

I do not see dimpling on mine anything like the other photos. My magnet has a few small dimples in it, but its more the kind you shrug your shoulders about.

I inspected the shooter lane and see no chipping or start of wear.

I post this not to refute the photos, just to offer some data. Just like with Ghostbusters, some people seem to be affected worse than others.

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Frolic, do you think its because you got a later run LE that might have a different play-field? Or could the colder weather up in Canada cause the clear to harden slower and more solid (like concrete), verses say down in warmer location like Texas? And lowering the flipper power might have helped?

No idea. I doubt it's that simple. This probably is tied to their playfield issues of last year. Likely why they aren't swapping playfields yet, the problem still isn't identified fully. The weird thing is:

People weren't reporting crazy dimpling on Ghostbusters.

The magnet also dimples.

#1510 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

However, the current code needs improvements.

it doesn't even count as "needing improvements"... more like "needs code". Very bare bones.

On the bright side, every code drop should significantly add features, not just tweaks, so it will be like getting a whole new game every time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.