IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 7 years ago

Looks like another winner from stern. Not sure why anybody would start a whole thread just to bellyache about a couple minutes of crappy footage on a game they aren't buying. Pettiness and jealousy, the name is pinside!

I'm not buying it either. Can't wait to play it!

#68 7 years ago

This has got to be the first time someone bitched about Derek NOT liking a game.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

for all the guys who've ordered it I hope its great. But honest first reaction to the pics and video was "meh" It looks okay, but definitely didn't make me want to go buy it at that inflated price tag.
And to be fair, I've kind of felt the same way about Dialed In (and I LOVE my WozLe and Smaug)
Its a shame that these companies continue to hike up their prices. I know I'm not alone when I say I have a hard time imagining ever buying a NIB pin again.

For the people who keep saying this...what exactly would you have to have seen in this short, cut video to make you "run out and order one?"

I mean, what were you expecting? It's a modern pinball machine, based on batman. Based upon the clip, it appears to deliver.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In the end, it's just a pinball machine. It's not going to grow wings and fly. It's not going to cure cancer. Like every other pinball machine, you hit a ball with two or flippers and stuff happens. I don't believe that it is possible for a pinball machine to outperform these expectations.
When people are paying so much for a game that they expect it to do something other than pins do, maybe that's the definition of a true price ceiling.

The issue here is that people like barakawhines who AREN'T spending any money at all aren't having the game meet their expectations.

How is it even possible for people who are spending $0 on a game to have expectations that aren't being met? So far all the actual buyers seem pretty jazzed.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There really just doesn't look like there's much to shoot at, or any speed or fast action, excitement and flow. The spinning thing is slow and clunky looking, takes up a lot of space, there's toys that are out of scale with the rest of the art & package like the small bat mobile underneath the larger TV on the wheel thing. How is a TV larger than a bat mobile and a crane? And the TV looks just like the umpteen other TV mods I can throw on virtually any other game. These are the kinds of details that make a game go above and beyond, something I'm not seeing here, especially considering the price hike. It just looked a little dark, slow, tired, and half baked and a lot like a game I've already seen and wasn't into before.
But that's just me. I'm sure my tastes are different than others and I'm not here to rip on anyone who wants the game. Stern makes decent games that are fun, this one looks to be both, but there's other Sterns I'd rather have.

You got all that out of those brief clips?

I hope you are working forsencs or you are doing the law enforcement community a grave disservice.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO I'd still wait until the code is complete. Lyman is also on WWE and that game is not a winner. For all I can tell BM66 = WWE

Lyman did what he could do given the demands of the designer and the constrictions of the playfield. And it is MUCH improved due to his late work on it.

And are we really counting shots now?! High speed has like shots and it's awesome.

#147 7 years ago

Can someone explain to me why anybody gives a shit if there was a crane in the old tv show?

There wasn't one in the BDK movie yet we've all learned to live with that for the better part of a decade.

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You really need to change your name to ReasonableLevi.

Threads like Barakawhine's are just obnoxious.

When I hate on a game, it's because I've PLAYED it. I spent dozens of hours on Ghostbusters en route to bitching about it...these people watch 100 seconds of video and come up with 300 words about why it sucks.

And you lose serious points for naming a thread "What are your impressions of Batman?" when the thread actually should be titled "I'm gonna complain about Batman based on a little snippet of video and invite you to also." Very sneaky!

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We aren't sure of that. Some of the film was deleted due to Heath Ledger's death before the movie released. May pop up some year in a director's cut or something.
LTG : )

"Heath died? Shit! Cut the crane footage!"

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern is asking people for $15,000 for a game before they've played it. This is all anyone has to go on at the moment - and this is a forum where people tend to buy games for personal use vs. playing on location before purchase. So, yeah - people are gonna dissect the fuck out of the one gameplay video available.

Stern is asking $7500 actually, right?

And "dissecting" that video is stupid. It's just a short clip and people are making all sorts of stupid assumptions about the gameplay and declaring it sucks. You know that's moronic.

Merry Christmas!

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Gadget. Stern was nice enough to offer me to pick one but I told them just to surprise me. It's a rediculous gadget but it's kinda funny anyway. The good news for everyone is that 70-80 of these should ship next week so many should have these for nye. Also the factory was packed with parts inventory and they seem to be ramping up production on everything.

You realize that you are going to drive Derek absolutely insane by refusing to post video, right?

Carry on

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$15,000 for SLE and $10,000 for LE. Some are paying more, and this is the first time they've seen it played.

This is a pinball discussion board. People will discuss. This video is all there is. If it showed something mindblowingly cool, opinions would be different.

Happy Chinese Food Day to you, too!

It shows a new pinball machine with a big color screen and that awesome brassy batman theme being cranked with you hit pinball shots.

If you don't find that mind-blowingly cool enough it's time to find a new hobby.

If you saw enough in that brief video to come up with any kind of criticisms that you think anybody should actually take seriously, you need to find a new hobby.

Basically, a bunch of joyless husks of humanity need to find a new hobby.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One of the reasons I don't post here much anymore is I got sick of all the whiners constantly trying to tell everyone else when they're allowed to post, when they're allowed to have an opinion.
Here's a thread specifically asking for impressions and thoughts and the little precious snowflake police are out in force, telling people what they're allowed to say. F—k off already, it pathetic, no one needs your permission or approval to write anything.
If you like the game then great! Enjoy it in good health. I wish no one anything but happiness with how they spend their money, even if I think it's dumb.
If you think it's an overpriced cash grab that's driving the hobby off a cliff then you should be free to say that too. And if anyone doesn't like it they can open a bag of disappointment for Christmas.
Personally I'm in the middle. I don't think it's the death knell for pinball. Nor do I find it particularly interesting. Doesn't matter what I think, but I'm free to post it anyways. That's why we're here right?

(Moderator edit) with that lame garbage.

It's a troll thread. It doesn't "specifically ask" anything.

Merry Christmas!

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Aurich , I think it's more of a broken record kind of thing. The same post whores posting the same shit over & over gets old .

It's the lame trollness of it all. When I open a thread called "what are your impressions of batman?" And the post is

"You guys are idiots for buying this game. I watched a video" it's a transparent troll thread that you'd think free-thinkers like aurich would be able to sniff out pretty easily.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Lol,
Maybe in opposite land!
I firmly stand by my "two Avengers LE/prem put together" statement personally.
No fuss on the Stars BTW...
It's literally just five people on here that love that brutally basic POS.

Not just 5 people. Stars mania has swept pinball.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? Both games started as an existing game and were tweaked here and there to make a new one. IM started life as Austin Powers. The ramps are exactly the same (except the left no longer has the magnet divertor). Monger is the same idea as Dr. Evil ...both rise out of the playfield to be bashed. War Machine kickback replaced the toilet, Whiplash magnet replaced the Austin scoop. Shot up the middle to the pops replaced the time machine....all new rules = different game. If you weren't around in 2010, people were saying the same thing about IM as some are about B66: "It's just an Austin Powers retheme but cheaped down and costs more"

So subtract a bunch of stuff, add a bunch of stuff, change a bunch of stuff. Addams family is just like high speed! But different!

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Hey guys,
Sorry about no game play video I am currently not staying at the house with the pin. I'll be back there on Thursday but I can't imagine that someone with more video talent wouldn't have their pin by then. How exactly do you guys mount your iPhone to video the game play?

Just invite Derek over to do it. Flights to Chicago are cheap!

Or maybe get a nephew to help out?

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

On the heels of the later posts, why would anyone buy a NIB other than bragging rights? To me a HUO with mods that you can see and play is the best way to go. Wait for a mature code and you wont have to complain about codes not being released. Why take a risk of things slipping by Sterns quality control? Why not save some money? Have we all gone mad?

People like buying new stuff. Same reason I don't buy clothes at Salvation Army.

#320 7 years ago

The other problem with buying used huo is that you will have to spend a lot of time getting rid of all the ridiculous mods the previous owner installed

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's the thing - if they can remain in business selling a handful of games to the mega wealthy hoarders who buy everything because "it's collectible" (let's face it....these are the types who stare at the shiny pretty and don't actually play) ...then ok, that's their business plan and it works....but is it worth losing their most passionate customers and players who love THE GAME and not the dick measuring? Maybe it is. Maybe we don't matter. Maybe they can be massively profitable by selling expensive, low run, low quality LE's & Pinball Arcade apps/tables.
Gary always said if pinball dies, a bit of the fabric of life goes with it. I submit that what they're doing right now isn't that different. I don't feel the "fun" coming from them right now...more like predators picking off easy prey.

Why are you bitching at Stern about this instead of all the Johnny Come Lately pin manufacturers who started the price raising war in the first place? Why not blame JJP, the Dutch, spooky or anybody else for the death of pinball?

it really seems unfair, not to mention it completely obtuse. Stern games are STILL the cheapest in town compared with all these other manufacturers who made $7000-8000 the new normal. Nobody else is selling complete, awesome pinball machines for $5,000 (or $5,500 has the case may be following the latest increase).

This has all been said in 10 other threads but people keep coming to short-sighted conclusions and I'll have to keep pointing out the big picture. Stern didn't realize they could raise prices all by themselves you know.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know you like trolling me, but facts make for better discussion. Here are my options since you are judging me without context.
-JJP is clearly putting more $$$ into their games, hence higher prices....which I have bitched about. $9k and $12k are insane for Dialed In. The wait for Hobbits is nuts. I bought my Hobbit used.
-Dutch is boutique until further notice. They're making a high quality, low run niche title that no one else would dare bother with. $8500 seemed fair for that. I'm upset mine hasn't shipped yet, but is has been built....the nature of an overseas production and shipping containers.
-Spooky is also boutique, but priced fairly ...but their games aren't good yet, and I've been vocal about that.
-Stern is mass produced. Pros are priced fairly. QC and code have been terrible lately. Prices, artificial limits, and "try outs" for B66 models are ludicrous.

Stern makes the cheapest pinball machines, yet everybody is bitching at them about raising prices. Meanwhile, all of these other "alternatives" are way more expensive, and nobody can keep em working. The Lebowski on location near me is broken far more than it works, but hey it looks great. Like my dad's FIAT in the 70s.

Don't accuse me of trolling ,that's obnoxious. You need to find some perspective. You can buy a Stern for $5,500. You can buy a JJP, Spooky, or Dutch for $7000-10000. But keep "trolling" about Stern.

Current high prices are COMPLETELY the responsibility of all the other manufacturers. They jacked up prices. They showed people will pay. They did it first, and Stern is following suit. Accept it. The fact that they've managed to get people pissed off at STERN for rising prices instead of them is an ingenious sleight of hand I haven't seen since...oh...November...

I appreciate that people don't want to pay more for pins (duh?) but the abuse Stern is taking is completely overblown (shocker). Find me a better deal for the NIB buyer - I don't see one. And, as apparently the only person on pinside who actually plays these games, it's gonna be hard to convince me anybody else is making games anywhere near as complete, challenging, or satisfying.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're in the Batman '66 thread. There is no "cheap".

$7500 for a Batman premium is still as good a deal as any in pinball right now, right?

It's gonna rule! Have you seen that LCD screen?

#414 7 years ago

People forget quickly how bare-bones these games are when they ship.

Fortunately, in brooklyn, we have a an operator who NEVER updates his code. He does a real service so we can all keep this in perspective - try playing GOT, Star Trek or Walking Dead's release code years after the games have come out and you'll realize how a year from now, these Batman videos will have almost zero relevance to the actual current gameplay.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Menus are good and familiar.

That's an outrageous outrage that has me outraged.

$15,000 for a game and they can't make a new menu?! They can't even make the menu in COLOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is the final slap in the face. The pinball community has had enough from Stern, and they are learning the hard way as we turn our backs upon them en masse! Our hard-earned money is going elsewhere, where the color menus are.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I am completely outraged that a company is trying to make a fun pinball. I saw many people laughing and having fun at expo when selfie mode was activated. Not me. I'm into serious pins only! None of this rubbish millennial stuff. Selfies are for my teenage daughter! Pinball is for 40+ year old guys! They don't take selfies so no company should put it in their pin.
(this is what people sound like in my head when they complain about this stuff )

Thanks for explaining that dude. We couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic.

#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I know about all the ghosting insert issues, but for geometry I only did a few things to make ours play really well.
#1 was ound up the outlane guides so they are slightly taller = no more/ few ball hops over them
#2 was adjust the right ramp entrance so a smoother shot
#3 was adjust the drop target springs to be a bit snappier.
I honestly cant come up with any geometry flaws on the game. Every shot on the game is well laid out, has really nice feeds, and pushes you to be a better player. JAFL, but John did a really great job on the geometry of the game and espescially the feeds which give choices for passive or active catching and control. Code then challenges you to know your shots and make the right choices.

Why do you say these things which are not true?

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Ghostbusters plays like it was designed by a mental patient on a bender with a crooked compass and everybody knows it. Has it's charms but "competent geometry" ain't one of em.

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really surprised to hear you say that Levi. GB is a thing of beauty in the geometry department. Every shot feels super smooth and just right (aside from the right ramp, but with tunig in that is even fun to hit).
What dont you like about it?

The usual complaints / airballs, drains, rejects, clumsiness, inelegant software.

I've made my peace with the game - I'm good at it. But it's not a lot of fun, seems to have been rushed and designed by committee, and lacks the cohesiveness of good stern titles. I also understand it doesn't matter at all as people
Simply love this theme and would have bought it if it were a re-skinned Williams Darling.

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Your posts are always unbiased, enlightening and overwhelmingly positive. Often after reading them, I have a much more positive and optimistic outlook on the entire pinball hobby.
Happy New Year!

What, am I in the running for the Supreme Court? Get so sick of people saying posters here are "biased." That's the whole point.

And I'm one of the only "positive" voices in this thread which is mostly filled with whiny pinscrooges.

So kiss my black ass! (and happy new year! )

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I forgot what we were talking about.....

Something about Batman, interest in someday buying pinball machines, or Jpop.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You had yours up for $12,900 or trade? Now archived. I know because I was looking!
The 2 at $15k will sit and rot now.

An old friend of ours in NYC told me he sold his BMLE for $11,000.

#870 7 years ago

Batman!?

Nobody gives a shit about this anymore lets talk about Aerosmith!

1 week later
#1499 7 years ago

Anybody want to actually play this thing before forming an opinion?

Brooklyn, New York, Jan 2017:
Berg'n Bar out in (cobble hill? Slope? I get confused) has a sparkling new Batman SUPER DUPER LE on location, along with Tron LE and a couple other games. Here's a chance for you kids to go play what your parents only read about in comic books.

Duh nun nuh nun nun nun BATMAN!

Will you hate it as much as you did before you actually played it? Will you love it as much as you did when you preordered it based on a flyer?

Now's your chance to find out!!!

Same Brooklyn Bar
Same Brooklyn Subway Line (F)

BATMAN!

2 weeks later
#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-
-The ability to say you're one of 80 people who had to beg to give Stern $15k for an untested, uncoded pinball machine.

Not everybody had to beg - in fact I'd guess only a handful of people fell for that.

The person I know who got one simply got an email saying it was his lucky day and he could buy one. He agreed.

#1578 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, another SLE buyer I know just sent an email and was able to buy one. It was REALLY late too. Games were already in peoples' homes when he got in. I don't think these went as quickly as we like to accuse the community of for snapping them up. Of course, maybe someone dropped out late and his timing was just right. I don't really know.

I think the 30 went fast. The extra 50 not so much. But they moved 'em.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.