IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Come on guys...the haters and the lovers are two faces of the same coin. How boring would this forum be without differing opinions. You think after all of this time we would be ok with this M.O. Both kind of opinons are needed..why? Stern and all the other manufacturers are reading this...this will help them get feedback to improve their games. Ex: Xmen code update, Smaug redesign, MMR double clear coat. Eveb the dang lasers projectors on ST came from this forum. Make peace with it and be civil about it.

I dunno dude. I love passionate discussions and differing opinions, but there doesn't seem to be so much of that on Pinside as there are people testing out their open mic jokes and / or shuckin' for upvotes. Kind of annoying to see the same people saying the same variations on a theme in every thread.

That said, BM66 looks.... like it is way too expensive. I don't like the precident it sets for pinball pricing.

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Noted. Now u can drain the thread

See what I mean? Why is it not acceptable that hoby1 can't share his opinion without being chastised for it, yet [insert Pinside Boys Club member here] has repeated themselves throughout this thread but you're not telling them that "u should drain the thread now"?

Or did I totally just answer my own question? Seems so.

#660 7 years ago

Oh dear

#1063 7 years ago

I played it tonight! It's fun. Further impressions to follow; I'm tired after a long day of navigating the Los Angeles streets.

#1071 7 years ago

After a good nights rest...

It's a stunning looking piece of equipment. It definitely stands out from the crowd! The display is crystal clear and gorgeous. The playfield "pops".

The gameplay is a lot of fun! I can't really comment on how much of a BTK rehash it is, because I'm not very familiar with BTK. The crane is the same as BTK, but I don't remember a spinning target on BTK so... from my perspective, it's a "new" game. It's not like a Shrek / Family Guy retheme.

The bat phone rings a LOT. It makes a sound similar to the standard ringtone of an iPhone. No matter where I was in the room, I heard it ring, I reflexively checked my phone. Anyone talking shit about the Dialed In theme better not say they love Batman '66 or they're a complete hypocrite.

The music is freakin' AWESOME! It's got the iconic Batman sounds and themes, and the cool daddy jazz tunes that play are so refreshing to hear coming from a pin, especially in this day and age of RAWK RAWK RAWK.

The only issue I really saw with the game was the way that the ball would sometimes fling right off the Catwoman ramp into someplace random. It hurts when you think you successfully nailed a sweet ramp shot, only for the ball to become airborne straight down the middle.

The game is pretty damn cool, yawl. I'm not convinced that it's $12k worth of cool, but to those of you who are... more power to ya! And, invite me over.

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Those that just paid $15k probably sure don't think it's only $12k worth of cool ...

Eh, $12k, $15k... I'm never going to be able to afford either so however much they spent on it, good for them.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After handful of games, a big group showed up to play it, so I played a few games of Ghostbusters LE, which once again confirmed its a garbage dumpster masquerading as a game.

Seems odd that you'd play "Ghostbusters" when it's between a Rob Zombie and an AMH... either you're a masochist or you're part of the "Spooky Isn't Real Pinball!" crowd.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish I could say goat effers but I'm not allowed. The mods get on me every time I say anything bad, and I've never said anything that bad lol. That's funny stuff though for sure!

You need to be part of the Pinside Boys Club to get away with that. To be one, ask one!

#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha! I had no idea what you did or didn't have. That other person said you had a RZ and AMH, which is what I was responding to. I understand now why you had him on ignore...sorry about that. I was incredulous that you had a RZ and were dogging on GB. This makes a lot more sense!

I was actually talking about AYCE Gogi, which is where the thin-skinned Rarehero played Batman '66. He clearly said that, and he also clearly said that he played "Ghostbusters" when a crowd came in wanting to play Batman '66. What a gentleman, that guy! Anyways, said "Ghostbusters" is between RZ and AMH.

On a side note, I played about a dozen games of RZ while there and I went from thinking "wow, this is really not good" to "whoa, this is quite different in style and artwork than what I'm accustomed to, this was pretty damn cool".

IMG_0099 (resized).JPGIMG_0099 (resized).JPG

#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

gameplay outside the usual cookie cutter fare we have these days

That's an excellent observation. I think that it's almost jarringly outside of the norm and that's what turned me off about it at first... but then after multiple games - because you can't have an informed opinion without a bit of research - it clicked for me.

Dare I say I'm more interested in playing more RZ than B66, or is that going to lead to more people putting me on ignore?

#1122 7 years ago

nice work vicjw66 !! VOO has their initials all over those games, not easy to beat!

#1124 7 years ago

Damn, tough crowd.

#1134 7 years ago

Heh.

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Martyrdom doesn't suit you.

Oh. Well, haughtiness fits you to a tee. What's strange to me is that I thought you were one of the good guys on here.

Quoted from DaveH:

If you like RZ, play RZ. I think it's awesome that you can find games you enjoy playing. Personally I didn't care for RZ that much, however I have only played 3 games on it, so I don't even respect my opinion yet.

That's fantastic. I think it's awesome that only certain members of Pinside can express their opinion without getting piled on. I gave my opinion that I think RZ might possibly more enjoyable FOR ME than Batman '66 and someone says "oh, I can see why you ignored him". Lololol. Rarehero ignored me because he's one of those e-warriors that can dish it out but can't take it.

Quoted from DaveH:

What's strange to me is how closely my opinions mirror RareHero's on a lot of these games. Maybe he says it a bit harshly, but I really do agree with him on most of them.

What's strange to me is the amount of groupthink on Pinside. Whoop de effin' doo.

Off to league. Yawl PBCers have fun congratulating one another on your impeccable tastes.

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sorry Rare,
My collection of "the CURE", says "best before 1984."

Damn, back when they were fronted by John Cusack! Drip drip drip drip drip...

Quoted from DaveH:

I think about what I say and I'm not trying to sit here behind a keyboard and push your buttons.

This reads to me like you're saying that you thoughtfully compose your every post on Pinside, while I just drool and bash against the keyboard and fling my dung all over your carefully worded missives. Am I wrong?

#1161 7 years ago

yeah, unless someone hurts your feelings

i know he's not reading this but i don't care

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Easy man. Visit the Canabis thread and chill.

Oh, I'm already zooted dude. Purple Monkey Balls.

I still am curious to know if I'm understanding Mr. Good Guy or not. If I'm not, then.. color me chagrined. If I am..

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I didn't get the impression he was putting you down, just defending his position. I also disagree with your groupthink accusations. Certain types of players often prefer similar games. I'm not a big fan of Rob Zombie either, and like/dislike a lot of games that Rarehero does. Of course, I dismiss his love of FG due to his bias. Ft sucks.

Perhaps. I don't know, when people come out of the woodwork to reflect upon the musings of Rarehero while at the same time telling me I'm a martyr for expressing my opinion... it seems kind of a bit on the put down tip. (Did I mention I had some purple monkey balls?)

I definitely think there's a groupthink going on here. Dialed In was absolute shit when it was revealed; then one of the PBC played it and said "oh it's a good game!" and now people who haven't played it are all in. At the same time, Rob Zombie was the most anticipated title at one point, then one of the rad PBC dudes played it, didn't like it, publicly said so, and now the tide is turning.

Not trying to argue with you but I respectfully disagree. So many people are trying to be cool on Pinside - and heck, the rest of the internet - nobody wants to have the unpopular opinion. Remember, someone said "oh I see why you blocked [Cornelius]" only because I had a difference of opinion. The weakest of all sauces.

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Or they might have blocked you because when people disagree with your opinion, you tend to take it as a personal attack against your character, and then you lash out in kind with personal attacks against their character.

That might have been the case, sure.. but you can't say that RH hasn't trod rough shod over quite a few people's feelings here on Pinside. He's awful sensitive when anyone does it to him, though.. which, to me, is curious.

Anyways, whatever. Why put money into a machine you don't like?

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are then trying to insinuate that if I say something about myself, it means that I am saying the exact opposite about you. It really sounds like you are taking everything that anybody says near you as an attack against you. If that was what you read in my words, there is nothing I could type that would convince you of anything else.

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not out to get you.

I guess my reasoning is, you brought that up while in conversation with me directly, so I figured you MUST be referring to me. If you say that I'm wrong, okay, but if this was real life, that would be... weird.

Anyways, there might be an arguement to be had that I'm too sensitive, and yet? I'm not the one ignoring anyone on here. And it's funny because I'm pretty sure I saw ScaredHero at AYCE Gogi and even talked to him. Too bad we don't have that Black Mirror technology to block meanies IRL!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=cornelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.