IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1209 7 years ago

Stern gave it to him as a loaner to get some good press on it!

1 week later
#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

O/T After reading the last few pages of this Batman thread and considering the GB issues I started thinking about how Stern has began changing recently and wondered what might be a contributing influence towards that.
Seems like much of the QC issues, use of shi!!y materials, and the cost saving direction Stern has taken seems to have started since they moved to the new location. I had a NIB SAM based TWDLE direct shipped from Stern when they were first released from their old factory. Great QC, good materials, and after a billion games the dimples turned into a uniform orange peel surface, no clear coat issues, and the magnet surfaces still look like new with no dimples. That period seems to have been a much simpler time.
Did Stern really have to move? Has the move changed Stern?
If you could snap a finger and go back to a time where Stern was still operating out of their old factory and their focus wasn't as centered on $$ as it seems to be now, would you want that?

Probably some linkages here. Stern wanted to grow and that growth meant the new factory and increased production. Increased production has probably put pressure on some of Stern's suppliers. That could in term impact quality or availability. Stern needs to keep machines pumping out to pay the bills which have only gone up with the move so they can't really stop building games. Stern also knows they sell a lot of games when a new title comes out so they are rushing titles (the lack of testing and very early code supports this).

Can't really snap a finger and go back in time. I think Stern needs to learn to operate better as things are and not rely on what has worked in the past. I think Stern's biggest issue right now is they are not communicating and while this has always worked in the past their market changed and they need to respond.

These are just growing pains and very manageable but if Stern starts losing customers and sales take a hit the pain would be much more real!

4 weeks later
#2016 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If I were Gary I would make things right just not for KPG

The way you post I wonder if you are Gary.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.