Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (2 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (2 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (2 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (2 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (2 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bhwolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I've reached out to Stern by email but have not heard back yet.

I suppose it's possible "playfields aren't made like they used to" or whatever argument you want about softer woods, etc. There are two explanations and they're not mutually exclusive: the playfields are different materially, or the game is different. The major cause, I believe, is the latter. Most modern games seem to play much faster, more prone to airballs as a result, have more multiballs on average, more targets/stuff to do. The result is more dimpling.

Perhaps better QC and engineering would help. But even if the playfield is solid oak, it will still dimple if the gameplay is frantic. I did a quick test -- excuse the poor quality. I have a solid door that I use as a work bench -- I thought it was oak, but I'm not sure and I've had it 30 years; it weighs a ton. I dropped a pinball from 3 inches. You can see the dimple. I'm not saying this explains everything, but I've come to accept that playing pinball is like being a car collector living on gravel roads. If you drive them, they're going to get dinged up.

Edit: one last thing -- I think 'auto playing' pinball machines are great to test overall resiliency. But this might not simulate real world gameplay that would result in more airballs, multiballs, etc.

Before

After

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Micro is brand of remanfactured playfeild and they do dimple. A lot of people send them off to re-clear coat before installing.

I think you mean Mirco -- (autocorrect might have "fixed" that)...

3 weeks later
#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Finally got a chance to play a BM 66 premium at Rock Fantasy. My first impression is that the colors were nice and the screen was nice and vibrant. However, the game felt stripped down, even much more than any stern pro version i can think of, and the game play was mediocre at best. The play-field was sparse and the lazy susan did not provide any satisfying shots. The fluttering of the ramp was annoying and the characters in the screen would move their lips and you could not hear them talking. At one point, it kept on playing a scene and my friend thought it was broken. I think that Stern not only rushed this game into production, but also did a disservice to what could have been a great theme. The crane just seemed to become active on a random basis and was more of an eye soar than a cool toy. When I read about the problems that people are having out of the box, I cant see how any one can defend Sterns lack of quality control, or be told to be patient and Stern will make it right. If any high price item, outside of pinball, had quality of issues similar to Stern, they would not be in business for long. The picture is the large dimples, worse than any thirty year old game that I have, on the BM 66 that is about two weeks old.

I got a chance to play recently at Boxcar (new in Greensboro). Sometimes, games take awhile to grow on me -- I may not like them at first, or may love them initially and then grow to dislike them over time. In fairness, I couldn't hear much of the audio due to the ambient volume level being so high, but I have to agree with your review. For the price, it's insane. The number of bricked shots, airballs, lack of satisfying shots -- I'll dump more quarters into it because I might as well explore it a bit more, but I just can't believe this is a premium title and unfortunately code can't fix many of these problems.

So many of these issues seem immediately obvious, it makes you wonder why they didn't spend more time playtesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
11,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bhwolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside