IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#396 7 years ago

Man watching those videos really makes you appreciate how much callouts add to the appeal of a game. Its hard to get any sense of urgency in the shots, or a real feel for the modes without more audio cues. All I can say is Im glad this table is not designed for the operators, as putting out a game with such limited code would turn off players. For home use you know its coming and it would be fun to watch the game grow and progress. With all the flack Stern has copped on this game and with Lyman and Gomez passion, I have no doubt that longterm code will not be an issue, in fact I'm pretty certain it will turn out to be epic.

I think LCD if used right is going to be a positive move. As a player you don't really engage with the display as much, but for people watching it will really add a lot to the experience. Waiting for your turn to play can feel painful and I know I get self conscious when I'm playing with the wife or friends that are casual players not to aim for long epic balls. In these sort of situations I usually play a lot more loose and try go for risky strategies to keep things ticking along. However with the LCD you will be able to share the experience with those waiting there turn and that has to be good for all. Plus playing a lot of pinball on location, it is going to draw people in. Are we going to loose a part of the pinball experience with the death of DMD, maybe a little, but hey we have a 25 year back catalogue of DMD games so it not like we ain't going to be seeing them around..

Final takeaway, if you remove all the politics over the pricing, Sterns marketing, quality issues etc... Then this game would have everyone in meltdown. It looks like an amazing package and a super fun theme. Would I pay 15K no, I wouldn't even pay the 9K for the premium but thats because I'm not the target market or the game is just not where I'm at with my collection. The people that are making the leap and buying the game, should be very pleased with whats been shown so far and at the end of the day, that is all that really matters.

#761 7 years ago

Lyman plays a lot of comp pinball so he knows from a player perspective when code needs work and polish. He is also proud of his work, during the deadflip stream both he and George say they have a copy of every pinball they worked on in their homes. For Lyman that is a lot of tables. I just can't see him ever being happy with a half finished job. I guess animations sounds etc... are probably handled by a lot of people, however as far as rules go I think BM66 will end up being a great table. There seems to be a lot of potential with the sub villains and 3 seasons etc... I think the code will need to be pretty deep long term as the balltimes seem pretty long. In a home environment I could see decent players having 20+ minute games pretty easily. Really looking forward to seeing how this game develops, there is one coming to our local location. Personally I was scpecital on the theme as it was a little before my time, however everything I have watched so far looks like it will be a winner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=SimonBaird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.