IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#275 7 years ago

Yeah thanks for the pics but if I took pics of a bdk nearly all the pics would look the same. Yep 2-way vuk never seen that on a batman pin before. Geez! Let's get excited about a design that's been around for years just because it has a different slap of paint on it... And pay double for it.

I think that sums up my stance on this topic pretty well.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at Austin Powers & Iron Man - a few tweaks and new code make ALL the difference. Same with Space Jam & NBA ...not that anyone has played NBA, but I guarantee it's far better than Space Jam.
Now, this game is far more redesigned from its source than those two. Main toy is completely different. Ramps are completely different. Only a few minor elements remain, and one is the part everyone loves (Crane)...plus all new code.
The bottom line is, to the end customer, it's a new game and will be judged on its own merits. BDK is irrelevant at this point.

You've brought this AP/IM comparison up in another thread. Doesn't cut it and isn't the same deal as this, but I respect your opinion.
I would explain but anyone bothered to think about it for more than 2 minutes will know what I mean. Even the basic rule set now for the crane and multipliers for example is the same deal.

#573 7 years ago

After waiting with anticipation and watching the GoT and GB jack danger live feeds this was in short reaffirming to me that this game is meh at best

When Jack gave GoT the treatment it was easy to see straight off the mark how well thought out the code and design was from SR and DS. A simple layout but awesome game. Very little froth and bubbles and all about how it plays. With bm66 your getting a lot of looks but no substance... like a steady diet of dessert, but eventually your gonna want the main course.

This game for want of a better phrase just plain looks crap to play. Code will help but not rescue this title. A very uninspiring effort from Stern. Just one opinion.

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Again, this was a prototype machine with code that had JUST been tweaked and thrown on the machine. Overall a successful showing.
» YouTube video

1st time where there is a quote justifying the performance of the game on show accompanying the upload announcement. No prizes for guessing why.

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Amen Brother, yeah we get it, it's a very expensive toy, much greater cost than usual! Buy it or don't buy it. Meanwhile, the amount of whining, weeping, and gnashing of teeth has reached epic levels in this thread.

Read the thread title "what's your impression?" Now I for one will make it very clear at every opportunity that this particular title is way over priced. Yes we all "get it" except for Stern. Maybe if enough people voice it enough they might some day too.

1 month later
#1701 7 years ago

Saying what im thinking usually gets me in the shit on here but anyway here goes:

Entirely looking from a precedence standpoint (past 12-18 months) with our friends at Stern, the day anyone pulled the trigger on a b66 is the day they gave up their right to complain about this over priced POS. The alarm bells were ringing loud and clear for everyone to hear.

#1719 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I can testify that moving the left pad makes the left orbit fun again. I have witnessed code change the entire feel of a pin. Initial WOZ code was an absolute disaster, now I challenge anyone on how strong the gameplay is. There are FAR more positives than negatives on BM66.Remember the WOZ shooter lane rattle bitchfest, ....over, they fixed it.
The rotisserie will be deployed better, along with more callouts, features, etc. Time to face facts...vast majority of people that actually bought the game love it, those that didn't will propagate negatively. Time to move on.
This is Sterns 30th year anniversary pin. No way they don't nail the code and address potential issues with hast. Is what it is,,,,,mark

Little bit of a difference that with woz you got plenty of pin for your money. And unfortunately B66 shoots like crap. Left ramp is ruined with the perspex hokey pokey dance after every shot. Just looks straight up cheap and nasty. The left orbit jams up evey time with the cleanest shot. In fact the faster you hit the left orbit the worse it is and it still has the bdk no joy problem at the kick out. The turntable is not satisfying and again gives you the 'so what' feeling when you shoot the plastic crap on it. Right ramp is as boring as batshit and the crane is about the only good thing which works better on bdk.
Yep code is gonna fix this box right up!
Rarehero is spot on. Anyone who bought it blindly bought it with a stack of warning signs that it was going to suck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.