IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Kudos for spelling "judgment" correctly.
"Dambed?" Not so much.

Judgment/Judgement can be spelled either way:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judgment

"Did You Know?
Judgment can also be spelled "judgement," and usage experts have long disagreed over which spelling is the preferred one. Henry Fowler asserted, "The OED [Oxford English Dictionary] prefers the older and more reasonable spelling. 'Judgement' is therefore here recommended." William Safire held an opposite opinion, writing, "My judgment is that Fowler is not to be followed." "Judgement" is in fact the older spelling, but it dropped from favor and for centuries "judgment" was the only spelling to appear in dictionaries. That changed when the OED (Fowler's source) was published showing "judgement" as an equal variant. Today, "judgment" is more popular in the U.S., whereas both spellings make a good showing in Britain."

Another word that has two spellings is "canceled" or "cancelled".

1 week later
#940 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I'm going to add a few pics of the dimpling. It may be tough to see but my Addams Family and other Stern playfields I've seen don't look like this.

On your Addams all the dimples were so dense from the thousands of games played that they evened out.

The dimpling is merely more noticeable on a new playfield because they are not as dense until the game has been played a ton.

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

The dimpling is over almost the entire middle area of the playfield. Looking at a few more games I don't think this is normal at all. I have reached out to Stern support. We are looking at purchasing a Walking Dead Premium but this is concerning.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Newer wood is softer and will simple more easily than older wood. Probably freshly cut.

I don't know. You can see the similar dimples in the magnet core as well.

e783452882031a89ccf26c388bc554421d5e04f2 (resized).jpge783452882031a89ccf26c388bc554421d5e04f2 (resized).jpg

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Exactly. Makes me think it's the clear being dimpled. That magnet is coated, right?

I don't believe anything is clearcoated other than the wood.
It is the wood that is dimpling as well as the metal of the magnet core.
The positive in the dimpling is no signs of clearcoat chipping or insert ghosting (fingers crossed).

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Why are the JJP or the Chicago gaming games not doing its ? My Woz LE and Star Trek are the same build month and played the same. The Star Trek looks like the moon.

Are you sure it is not just the bright lights of ST highlighting the dimples? I feel that all my games have about the same amount of dimples, but I guess I should take a closer look under bright overhead lights to confirm.

Stern has brightened their recent games considerably so that is something to consider in the comparisons.

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not sure why you won't believe my observations. My friend had an STLE that looked like lumpy clay after 100 plays. I had an STLE that had some dimpling but it stopped - and the rest of the playfield stayed smooth. I've seen some Pros that looked dimple free. It's a crapshoot. Some are good, some are bad - if someone has a legit bad one - don't tell them it will improve over time. It won't.

I don't doubt there have been some (possibly most of them) bad playfields in the last two years. It is the same reason I quit considering a MET Premium NIB in the last year.
Could the bad ones (the ST you describe) have been from the other playfield manufacturer? It seems the last 1.5 years the playfields have not been as good. The early ST were likely from the old/good manufacturer. Also games like ST and TWD have a lot of severe airballs as compared with a lot of older Sterns.
One example of the bad playfields was the obvious giant craters forming between the Pop bumpers where the ball drops from Sandman in the mylar area of SMVE. That indentation is usually not nearly as noticeable in original SM games.

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You might have a shitty Fun playfield.

I would assume based on the insert ghosting problems that all the early SMVEs had a FUN playfield. I don't own a VE.

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

These shots were taken from the normal shooters viewpoint with normal lighting. Not close up at all.

If your magnet core is higher than the playfield and causing airballs then it needs to be adjusted to be level with the playfield.

1 week later
#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Dent is less noticeable, but still there. Probably due to lack of clear, which I would imagine, enhances any dents.

Now, do that on the back of your Scorcerer and so we can see if there is any difference.

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Anyone else have the clear starting to chip a little in their shooter lane? Could be dumb luck but the software update seemed to lessen the flyers somewhat. I have noticed the ball getting caught in the left orbit on the wire/zip tie that is on the ramp. After another week there are a ton of dimples. As others have mentioned the gloss definitely brings them out. I recently purchased a BDK from another Pinsider and there are nowhere near the amount of deep marks on that game. Plays completely different and has a lot less flyers than 66.
I finally made contact with Stern and they were receptive and seem willing to work with me on a solution. I am sending more photos and speaking with them again this week.

It appears the ramp flaps were designed too steep and too far in front of the blue nubs that are for deadening the missed shots. As soon as the ball gets on the edge of the flaps it is destined to fly off the nub in the air because the ball is already elevated when it hits the nub.

2 weeks later
#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So, reading between the lines:
The turn table is not awesome, but you are hoping it will be eventually
The code sucks right now, but since it's Lyman, you are hoping it will turn out great
The photoshop artwork isn't as nice as the Zombi Yeti artwork of GB (no surprise)
I'd like to hear whats so fun about it in its current form?

taking the glass off and rolling balls by hand I think

#1683 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think iceman has kinda painted himself into a corner KPG and he knows that he can't complain lmfao.

At least he was willing to openly discuss the problems with his game from the factory. Every person here is biased at times. It is the ones that never acknowledge the bad when they have skin in the game that are bad for the hobby in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.