Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.
#351 1 year ago

Stern can't even produce pins fast enough to catch up with demand.

There are a few whiners that are moving to Canada because of the price hikes oh wait, that was BS too.

#352 1 year ago

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

» YouTube video

Whoa!!! Looks like a blast!!!

#354 1 year ago

That bat light on the turn table looks cool.

LCD super duper.

For the flow festers it's flowy

#355 1 year ago

Thanks for the vid guys but, I think it's time to take the training wheels off and crank up the back legs.
Even my old EM Hot Tip played faster than that!

I thought the SLE had red backlit speakers too?

#356 1 year ago

Looks like a lot of fun !

LTG : )

#357 1 year ago

LCD is a game changer for Stern. Nice!

#358 1 year ago

Get the factory working overtime to get these Bat Boys out to us sooner please!

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are a few whiners that are moving to Canada because of the price hikes oh wait, that was BS too.

BM66 pre in Canada 12K after taxes
By far my favorite LCD to date, I really like the size of that, game looks fun.

#360 1 year ago

Looks cool... zero call outs, way early code but cool
Music

#361 1 year ago

Lcd is cool not sure about much else right now.....

#362 1 year ago

No MB?? Not sure I even saw one ball locked...

*not a knock on the player*

#363 1 year ago

I just watched the 4 minute video once and I am now an expert on this pin

That said, game looks cool but code is very very bare. I was hoping Lyman would stray away from BDK crane programming and do something a little more creative like BBH. Hard to tell in that video, but looks a little more like BDK crane. But like I said, code looks very very bare. Will be interesting to see if it's progressed come Friday for the deadflip stream.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said, game looks cool but code is very very bare. I was hoping Lyman would stray away from BDK crane programming and do something a little more creative like BBH. Hard to tell in that video, but looks a little more like BDK crane. But like I said, code looks very very bare. Will be interesting to see if it's progressed come Friday for the deadflip stream.

Agreed. I'm hoping for more dynamic lighting in the inserts and flashers. Also, hope to hear the batmobile start up and take off sequence and some holy cow call outs and the jokers laughs, etc.

#365 1 year ago

Here is Video #2. 6+ min, showcasing 2 modes completed, Extra ball and Multiball. I don't like the angle of this video, because its straight on and washes out the colors on the LCD. nothing wrong with the LCD, its the angle the video is being shot. arrows have color changing leds in them

GAP

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In BDK, Multiball started after hitting all the crane positions. That didn't happen here....seriously though, this code is mega early - who knows what it'll turn into.

Curious though - what was wrong with BDK crane logic in your opinion? Each time it came out, it had a different set of movements and timing. Seems like he gave a single toy multiple personalities each time you battled it - that's something you don't often see with pinball toys.

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In BDK, Multiball started after hitting all the crane positions. That didn't happen here....seriously though, this code is mega early - who knows what it'll turn into.
Curious though - what was wrong with BDK crane logic in your opinion? Each time it came out, it had a different set of movements and timing. Seems like he gave a single toy multiple personalities each time you battled it - that's something you don't often see with pinball toys.

it's been awhile since I owned BDK, I just remember it not being random and being very predictable.

On a side note: they really missed a good opportunity from not using color changing inserts for the X multipliers. They could of had different colors represent 2x, 3x, 4x, etc... on the multiplier shots.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it's been awhile since I owned BDK, I just remember it not being random and being very predictable.

It's been a while for me, too...but I remember the first crane mode being predictable, like the one in this video...but each one after that becomes harder. The 3rd one barely stops for a moment and moves pretty randomly as I remember.

#369 1 year ago

Too early to judge by the code since over half the inserts aren't doing anything and I can't read the screen to see what is happening in the game. Layout looks pretty cool though. Hope one of the local ops can afford one or maybe papa so I can try it out a few times.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like its hit the five crane spots then back in scoop to start mb

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here is Video #2. 6+ min, showcasing 2 modes completed, Extra ball and Multiball. I don't like the angle of this video, because its straight on and washes out the colors on the LCD. nothing wrong with the LCD, its the angle the video is being shot. arrows have color changing leds in them
» YouTube video
GAP

2nd video much better. I can't help but think about the first dialed in videos of the phone ringing nonstop and the bat phone being the same, except less annoying.

And the right orbit ball return....eek. Hope there's an adjustment for that. But looks a little too much Avengers and POTC to me - bouncing off the slingshot

LCD does looks sweet and incorporated very well.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I can't read the screen to see what is happening in the game.

Did you go to full screen ?

LTG : )

#373 1 year ago

That looked god-awful (boring) to me. Not much on that playfield for $15,000....

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

That looked god-awful (boring) to me. Not much on that playfield for $15,000....

I think so too. Maybe it was because that first video never had a multi ball, but it was just painful to watch...

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

That's not what they're paying for. $15k lets you say "I have one of 80" (Even tho there are 240 of sorta the same thing and then unlimited of also sorta the same thing)

#376 1 year ago

Wow, I love the flow and the color monitor integration. It will be interesting to see how the code progresses. I wonder how much more work it is to program with the two monitors.

#377 1 year ago

Thanks for the video and affirming my thoughts that this appears to be a dud.

#378 1 year ago

I'm just going to stay quiet at this point and let everyone else duke it out, I've taken a beating for my constructive criticism of this game.

#379 1 year ago

Game looks awesome. I hope to play one this week. The crane and that epic rotating toy all on one playfield! Lyman coding and two LCDs. Great theme and sound integration. This is going to be a great game when all is said and done. I feel confident in saying that.

#380 1 year ago

Looks...bricky. I can't tell until I play for myself, but lots of bricks and slow roller action in the middle playfield. Lyman's play looked the same. Probably a game you need plenty of time on to avoid that sort of thing.

Gah, I don't like pinball's move to LCD. Cheap clip shows suck. We're literally losing a major part of a game's art package, and everybody is excited for it. Super lame. I don't much like it on JJP's games, and I really don't like it here. I really hope that some custom animation is in the works, because even in these short videos you see the same clips recycle over and over. Dots >>>>>>>> video. At least we'll never have to see video translated into dots anymore.

The cab looks great. I'm not a fan of the oversaturated colors in the translite, but the art overall is nice (photoshop collage aside). I'm hoping that it becomes a good player. I'm excited to get a chance at it in the coming weeks.

#381 1 year ago

I know it's early but I expected a lot more audio from the villains as well as Batman and Robin

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Game looks awesome. I hope to play one this week. The crane and that epic rotating toy all on one playfield! Lyman coding and two LCDs. Great theme and sound integration. This is going to be a great game when all is said and done. I feel confident in saying that.

Ditto that.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

» YouTube video
GAP

Thanks for the second video....even in early code stage and tough video angle, machine has a lot going on. Looking forward to mine ( fortunately, I'm not an " expert" as some on here, so I'm still impressed with what you've shown)!!!

#384 1 year ago

I'll see your ditto and raise you one....

#385 1 year ago

Game looks so cool. Thanks for the videos!!!

#386 1 year ago

This is what batman thinks

Batman 084-35_10 Nights of Fear-04 (resized).jpg

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll see your ditto and raise you one....

+1 doo-dahh

#388 1 year ago

Some of the music was recognizable but a few of the mode tracks sounded way out if place. I hope pinball browser works with spike 2. This games needs more nelson riddle and less "fake batman" pseudo 60's pop.

Was also hoping for a bit of each of the villains unique theme music as you hit their shots. Batman was a progressive tv show in that each villain had their own particular music. Some of the minor villains shared cues but all the major ones had their own theme.

#389 1 year ago

I don't see anything in the video's to really get excited about to say its amazing and i dont see anything to say its horrible. Its kinda just ok at the moment and will have to see where it goes from here.

#390 1 year ago

The game has ridiculously early code on it. I would recommend that people hold off on buying one if they are concerned about the wait for an update. I myself am fine playing something unfinished and waiting for code to be done, but for some people who rely so heavily on code to make the game playable, please wait. To answer an earlier question, the game does have combos that add up for goals in the game.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Gah, I don't like pinball's move to LCD. Cheap clip shows suck. We're literally losing a major part of a game's art package, and everybody is excited for it. Super lame. I don't much like it on JJP's games, and I really don't like it here. I really hope that some custom animation is in the works, because even in these short videos you see the same clips recycle over and over. Dots >>>>>>>> video. At least we'll never have to see video translated into dots anymore.

I used to make posts when WOZ was being released talking about how I would miss the creativity that goes into making great dots when all the manufacturers go to LCD. I was always in a minority and even accused of just being an obvious Stern defender and JJP basher for saying it.

I really do enjoy the big LCD screen on my Hobbit. But as much as I do enjoy it (the clips they use are actually very good), I will *still* miss the creativity that goes into making great dots. This was actually an area that was *not* a lost art form on a lot of newer Sterns, as the dots on pins like TWD are excellent.

And even though I think Hobbit integrates the LCD very well, they had some great looking HD material to choose from. Eye candy. Well, that's obviously not going to be the case in all pins going forward with the LCD. What kind of HD material will Stern have to choose from when it comes to Aerosmith for example? Pins like Star Wars and Alien will have great material to choose from though.

So I definitely have mixed feelings on the LCD. It can be pretty damn cool for sure, and it gives a more modern twist to pinball (something many people apparently really want), but great dots will always be something that I have great appreciation for.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I will *still* miss the creativity that goes into making great dots.

I miss great dots too.

Watunuma(Flying Ant Dreaming) Kaapa Tjampitjinpa 1976 (resized).jpg

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

. What kind of HD material will Stern have to choose from when it comes to Aerosmith for example?.

I was thinking about this the other night in regards to Aerosmith. If they take video clips from their music videos and live shows, it's gonna look like crap. If they have an actual artist (dirty Donnie?) have cartoon like animated characters and representation on the LCD, it's gonna look phenomenal! It will certainly be interesting what direction stern goes with future LCD releases, but I like what I see from BM66 LCD so far, it's a mixture of both...just like the tv series!

#394 1 year ago

The new screen sure does makes the red dots look so dated already. Going to be great seeing how future games make use of it.

Have to say though if this game had a red dmd, so far it would be very underwhelming.

Yes, it is early code etc but there isn't anything 'yet' to get excited about.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Some of the music was recognizable but a few of the mode tracks sounded way out if place. I hope pinball browser works with spike 2. This games needs more nelson riddle and less "fake batman" pseudo 60's pop.
Was also hoping for a bit of each of the villains unique theme music as you hit their shots. Batman was a progressive tv show in that each villain had their own particular music. Some of the minor villains shared cues but all the major ones had their own theme.

Or the crazy sounding incidental music they have in the show, when a criminal is announced and shown in the camera crooked.

#396 1 year ago

Man watching those videos really makes you appreciate how much callouts add to the appeal of a game. Its hard to get any sense of urgency in the shots, or a real feel for the modes without more audio cues. All I can say is Im glad this table is not designed for the operators, as putting out a game with such limited code would turn off players. For home use you know its coming and it would be fun to watch the game grow and progress. With all the flack Stern has copped on this game and with Lyman and Gomez passion, I have no doubt that longterm code will not be an issue, in fact I'm pretty certain it will turn out to be epic.

I think LCD if used right is going to be a positive move. As a player you don't really engage with the display as much, but for people watching it will really add a lot to the experience. Waiting for your turn to play can feel painful and I know I get self conscious when I'm playing with the wife or friends that are casual players not to aim for long epic balls. In these sort of situations I usually play a lot more loose and try go for risky strategies to keep things ticking along. However with the LCD you will be able to share the experience with those waiting there turn and that has to be good for all. Plus playing a lot of pinball on location, it is going to draw people in. Are we going to loose a part of the pinball experience with the death of DMD, maybe a little, but hey we have a 25 year back catalogue of DMD games so it not like we ain't going to be seeing them around..

Final takeaway, if you remove all the politics over the pricing, Sterns marketing, quality issues etc... Then this game would have everyone in meltdown. It looks like an amazing package and a super fun theme. Would I pay 15K no, I wouldn't even pay the 9K for the premium but thats because I'm not the target market or the game is just not where I'm at with my collection. The people that are making the leap and buying the game, should be very pleased with whats been shown so far and at the end of the day, that is all that really matters.

#397 1 year ago

I like the play field, colors and the call outs. The screen is pretty cool too. I'm not a fan of that crane going back/forth.
Quite annoying. Looks like we'll have to see code progression.

#398 1 year ago

I appreciate the videos but man do we need to see it with the game angle cranked and a better player, I really like the flow and shots, sound and music are amazing.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

What kind of HD material will Stern have to choose from when it comes to Aerosmith for example? Pins like Star Wars and Alien will have great material to choose from though.

Maybe they don't have to ditch animation all together, cartoon like depictions of the band members with cool backgrounds etc, only Dialed In has something like this but its terrible, I think lets say Metallica animations but in color with HD animated art would be just fine on a HD LCD, ofcourse with real footage thrown in as well.

#400 1 year ago

Yeah not sure why there are some haters on here that are Metallica owners and are bashing batman 66; perhaps the forgot what the code was like when Metallica first came out; which was not good at all and very early and lacking a ton of stuff, but LYMAN came through and gave us a killer game in the end; perhaps they have lost faith in the best coder of all time LYMAN. And as said in the past give yourself time on a game before you judge it.
Can't wait to see what LYMAN has in store for us

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Browns Mills, NJ
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside